It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO book recommendations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Appreciate the reply. And recommendations - given ample time, those will be my next reads on UFOlogy.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I've just finished reading the John Keel classic Mothman Prophecies again.
If you've not read that one its an excellent story and one with lots of strange occurrences in it, not just UFOs and flying men!
Keel is a joy to read compared to most and his whole attitude to the subject is quite infectious.

I seem to be finding myself picking a lot of old books and reading them again to refresh my memory.
Its quite enlightening to see how the approach to UFO research and writing has changed.
Anyway, Mothman is a good one and you may find yourself looking for more Keel books.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is really a nice thread for people who are interested in UFO. I am sure that reading such books is a great idea and I will try to find all of them

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fingom
This is really a nice thread for people who are interested in UFO. I am sure that reading such books is a great idea and I will try to find all of them

You can get used copies of many of them on Amazon very cheap.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

You can get used copies of many of them on Amazon very cheap.

Exactly! Thank you a lot for this advice) I don't know why I couldn't think up about it before.
edit on 10-6-2016 by Fingom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Search for an online collection of ebooks called "ufocollb". You will figure out how to find it.

edit on 6/10/2016 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If you want a challenging peek down the rabbit hole, anything by Lou Baldin. Above Black by Dan Sherman is pretty interesting as is Penetration by Ingo Swan. All the mentioned material requires some significant personal research in order to maintain a certain level of integrity. IMHO..

Feel free to disregard it as bull, i´m fine with that.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
UFOs and Water by Carl Feindt.
I've only got through the first hundred or so pages but its got me hooked. Its a big book with a very detailed look at the science of UFOs and the characteristics of their movements through water. There's loads of cases from various times and they are interspersed with the physics to demonstrate behaviours like vortexes, water "holes" etc.
Its a big book and one that I'd call daytime reading, if that makes any sense to you.

I'm a self confessed skinflint and most of my books are scavanged at the bottom end of cheap but I bought this full price and brand new. Worth every penny and a book you should try and get if you can.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I downloaded a sample of UFOs, Myths Conspiracies and Realities by John Alexander. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?
edit on 7-9-2016 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
everthing by jonh keel
passaport to magonia
faces of the visitors (Kevin Randle)
The Field Guide to Extraterrestrials (Patrick Huyghe)
and many others

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just read the old AMA with Alexander, good stuff! I was getting the impression by the bit of the sample I read he was a debunker, seems like he has a lot of common sense. Is his book worth it?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here's a link that's a freebee on Ruppelt's book - The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects

www.sacred-texts.com...

edit on 7-9-2016 by Erno86 because: link work

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I highly recommend Ben Mezrich's new book.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1473288636&sr=1-1&keywords=ben+mezrich

I think its better when someone completely from the outside takes a stab at the UFO mystery. I finished this book in a day and I imagine people here will love it also. It follows Chuck Zukowski's career along with his sister Debbie.

Mezrich treats the subject and the people with respect and it rekindled my obsession for all things UFO!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: entermemo

Just picked up "The 37th Parallel" by Ben Mezrich. Can't wait to get into it!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Here's a link that's a freebee on Ruppelt's book - The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects

www.sacred-texts.com...

Thanks! Am using the link on my Nook. Published in 1956, cool to see the perspective on the topic back then

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

originally posted by: Erno86

www.sacred-texts.com...

Thanks! Am using the link on my Nook. Published in 1956, cool to see the perspective on the topic back then

I believe that there are two different versions of Captain Ruppelt's book, in reference to the last chapter on his last version, where Ruppelt might have been forced or coerced by military higher-ups to deny that we are being visited by extraterrestrial interstellar starships.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Is the version linked the one with the original last chapter?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Blast!!!
Just lost a posting and I don't want to do it all again but I've just finished the David Marler Triangular UFOs an estimate of the situation.
I'll add my name to those who've already noted this one because its definitely worth the entrance fee.

On the subject of triangles you may also like to find Hudson Valley UFOs by Linda Zimmermann.
Lots of reports from the flap in that area by eyewitnesses in their own words. I like to read their actual reports rather than just be told "then she saw three bright white lights....." Or whatever by the author.
edit on 11-9-2016 by Tulpa because: First post got lost somewhere?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Unconventional Flying Objects
a scientific analysis

By Paul R Hill

This is one of the best books on UFOs out there .

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
a reply to: Erno86

Is the version linked the one with the original last chapter?

I believe so. Rupplet's book is my bible or sorts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join