It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican admits reason for Wisconsin voter ID law is suppressing democratic vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

What you just said is completely false.

www.snopes.com...

Sorry bud.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Believe it or not there are apparently a lot of people in certain areas that are too poor to get a driver's license or too unhealthy to go get one. The courts have found several times that voter ID laws do disenfranchise voters- US citizens, not illegals.

I'm a white male and when I showed up to vote without my ID I was turned away, as it should be. I had only forgotten my wallet so it wasn't a big problem to go home and get it since the polling places are always conveniently located at a church with-in walking distance. You think that's a plot too, don't ya?
In Florida, any person on any kind of assistance can get a free ID as well as "community transportation" to and from DMV.
One must have ID to apply for assistance in the first place so the entire argument is beyond stupid. It is looking like that is a trend with your posts though and I have doubts that you could be as obtuse as you pretend to be.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
How Voter ID Laws Are Being Used to Disenfranchise Minorities and the Poor

www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/03/how-voter-id-laws-are-being-used-to-disenfranchise-minorities-and-the-poor/254572/

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

How Voter ID Laws Are Being Used to Disenfranchise Minorities and the Poor

www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/03/how-voter-id-laws-are-being-used-to-disenfranchise-minorities-and-the-poor/254572/

Well then ID LAWS disenfranchise the poor, and minorities that want to practice their second amendment RIGHT.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
ID MEANS NO CHEATING.

Democrats win only if they can cheat?

By the way, here is the real thing, that isn't the democrats, the left is hijacked at the moment in a hideous way.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Believe it or not there are apparently a lot of people in certain areas that are too poor to get a driver's license or too unhealthy to go get one. The courts have found several times that voter ID laws do disenfranchise voters- US citizens, not illegals.

State IDs last like 8 years or something and cost $11-$25

They actually include your drivers license number if you have ever had one.

I fail to see your point.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

If you are to support an argument, the first thing to learn is credible sources.

dot edu / dot gov, would be a good start.

These findings have been wholeheartedly disputed by activists and other s but in the e nd few scholars have been able to effectively counter the literature’s core conclusion that “v oter ID does not appear to present a significant barrier to voting”

pages.ucsd.edu...

Fancy that.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
FREE Wisconsin ID cards for voting

surprise

I wonder how many rich people did they rob from to pay for that.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Once the truth came to light,

this thread died.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Oh goody another law. Republicans sho do love the law, breaking it, making it, and throwing people unawares in their private prisons.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Oh goody another law. Republicans sho do love the law, breaking it, making it, and throwing people unawares in their private prisons.

A+ for Chutzpah!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join