It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican admits reason for Wisconsin voter ID law is suppressing democratic vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is extremely damning, but not surprising coming from a party that produced such wonderful people as Paul Ryan and Scott Walker. One republican quit the party because he was told that this bill was created not to combat supposed voter fraud, but to hand the Republicans elections. But of course it's been proven time and again that voter fraud is almost nonexistent, so this isn't surprising. Why Americans still put up with this corrupt and downright evil party is beyond me.

thinkprogress.org...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't understand how someone could vote without ID to begin with, Canada doesn't even allow it.

It's already a fact that undocumented immigrants are being used as a voting block for the Democrats, so this is nothing new.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You completely missed the point. The republicans said they were pushing the bill to limit legal voting by democrats- not to stop any fraud.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

It's just disgraceful that minority, legal, American citizens are forbidden from getting driver's licenses.
edit on 28-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

How would it prevent a legal citizen with government issued ID from voting?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I cant stand the gop, but it makes too much sense to show ID when you go voting.

Its a small step towards less corruption for elections.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
"Supposedly" "behind closed doors" aka we're mad because people that aren't supposed to be voting can't illegally vote anymore.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I know plenty of people who are minorities and have their drivers licenses. Nobody I know has ever been prevented from getting their license based on ethnicity.

edit on 28-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

No matter what side you're on it just makes sense.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I was indulging in a little sarcasm.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Why is this even an issue? It's not like anyone who is here legally are prevented from gettting an ID or a Driver License. Less illegals and dead people voting would be good for the country.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you are not smart enough to obtain a photo ID, you are not smart enough to vote for a president.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
You completely missed the point. The republicans said they were pushing the bill to limit legal voting by democrats- not to stop any fraud.

No, he didn't miss the point. You did. The Democrats now regularly use the "NO ID" issue to get people to vote who are not legally able to do so. In fact, it's not just un-registered votes from illegals but also citizens who vote many times in a single election and then brag about it. The Republicans want that to stop. That's all this is. Yes, it would help Republicans because by and large Republicans do not engage in voter fraud to the extent Democrats do, so they are at a disadvantage when races are close and the Dems just crank up the voter fraud machine.

You can't even buy a beer at a ballpark without ID. There is no conceivable reason why people with no identification whatsoever should be allowed to vote. Your voter registration card is a proof of citizenship. Prove you are who you say you are and cast your ballot. That's just fine. But voting without ID is an open invitation to fraud and is completely insane.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Believe it or not there are apparently a lot of people in certain areas that are too poor to get a driver's license or too unhealthy to go get one. The courts have found several times that voter ID laws do disenfranchise voters- US citizens, not illegals.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You don't have to have a drivers license, a state identification card works just the same.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I think most States have free I.D. cards.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Republican admits reason for Wisconsin voter ID law is suppressing democratic vote

Well then when the left said people had to show ID to buy a gun.

That's voter suppression ain't it ?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think most States have free I.D. cards.

They sure need that ID to sign up for welfare, and foodstamps, and other government benefits.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
First , you did know everything they put in quotes on the page is not quoted , right ? Just say yes. That is the "interpretation" of what was said. That makes it look like a direct quote to fool the unlearned , the ignorant , and the gullible. Most good sites let you know this.

Trash , from a trash site.
"Wizard's first rule" applies here

edit on 5/28/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The republicans have passed these laws in multiple states. After it's law they then close offices where people get id's and licences in mostly democratic areas. Hence forcing poorer people to travel further to to get a I'd to vote.

The fraud and other allegations are bs propaganda just like right to work or illegals are flooding into the us. All b.s. all lies...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join