It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton email headache is about to get worse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Legal experts appear skeptical that the Justice Department would hand down a criminal charge against Clinton, due to both the high legal hurdles involved and the intense political scrutiny surrounding the likely presidential nominee.

But that won’t end the matter.

Republicans appear primed to cry foul if the FBI closes its investigation without handing down indictments or offering a public explanation. Senior lawmakers have already excoriated the Justice Department for failing to appoint a special prosecutor.

“It’s clear that the attorney general, who serves at the pleasure of President Obama, is going to have very little incentive or intention to pursue the appropriate investigation,” Sen. John Cornyn (Texas), the No. 2 Senate Republican, said on the chamber floor this week.
Clinton email headache is about to get worse

I wonder how the U.S. military feels about this? How could someone like Clinton be so careless with information that could easily cost soldiers their lives? Then when she's caught, it doesn't even stop her from becoming president.

Clinton doesn't need to be indicted for justice to be done. If the American people can elect someone to the presidency who couldn't care less for the lives of the country's soldiers, how much lower can we get?

It would be a different kind of indictment, an indictment of an entire country. It would be the unmistakable sign of an amoral society. I believe an amoral society will eventually collapse on itself.
edit on 28-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Good post.

However, I wouldn't imagine the Republicans would let this die, no matter what the facts ended up being.

God himself could come down and proclaim Hillary his second son and the Republicans would ask him to come testify.

originally posted by: Profusion
If the American people can elect someone to the presidency who couldn't care less for the lives of the country's soldiers, how much lower can we get?

It would be a different kind of indictment, an indictment of an entire country. It would be the unmistakable sign of an amoral society. I believe an amoral society will eventually collapse on itself.

That's the truth, isn't it? All of the garbage and barely passable candidates offered up by the Democrats and the Republicans. We have the choice between criminals and fools? Not really.

Everyone is complaining about having to vote for one of the two most despised candidates in history whIle third parties sit below 15% support if they even make it into the polls, all while making the most sense!

We keep buying into the same game, the exact game they want us playing against one another, year after year. I thought this cycle may be when everyone started waking up and realizing we have other choices.

Looks like I was wrong.
edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: atomish
Everyone is complaining about having to vote for one of the two most despised candidates in history whIle third parties sit below 15% support if they even make it into the polls, all while making the most sense!

We keep buying into the same game, the exact game they want us playing against one another, year after year. I thought this cycle may be when everyone started waking up and realizing we have other choices.

Looks like I was wrong.

The presidential election is all about demographics now.

Clinton vs. Trump: Predicting The Electoral College

This video sums it up (quoting the woman in the video):

"Keep Obama in president. You know? He gave us a phone, he gonna do more."

www.youtube.com...

That's the demographics that decide the election.

I hate to make light of it because for a lot of Democratic Party supporters, voting for the Democrats is a matter of life and death. I understand where they're coming from.

When they're voting for the Democrats, it's their way of being pro-life (their own lives).
edit on 28-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Legal experts appear skeptical that the Justice Department would hand down a criminal charge against Clinton, due to both the high legal hurdles involved and the intense political scrutiny surrounding the likely presidential nominee.

They are spending way more money selling her tarnished image to the public than they are spending on prosecuting her.

Where would you start? What a can of worms that would be, connecting her with every politician in Washington, probably.

J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI kept files on everyone to use as leverage, blackmailing people into line. Imagine for a moment all the damaging goods she has from her mailings and phone calls?

Not one peep, mind you.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: atomish

Looks like I was wrong.

The presidential election is all about demographics now.

Clinton vs. Trump: Predicting The Electoral College

This video sums it up (quoting the woman in the video):

"Keep Obama in president. You know? He gave us a phone, he gonna do more."

www.youtube.com...

That's the demographics that decide the election.

I hate to make light of it because for a lot of Democratic Party supporters, voting for the Democrats is a matter of life and death. I understand where they're coming from.

When they're voting for the Democrats, it's their way of being pro-life (their own lives).

I definitely see what you're saying. The particular demographic you are highlighting is indeed, in my estimation, voting against their own, and everyone's, better interests.

My larger point, however, was that EVERY major demographic seems to be voting against their interests, which when you really cut down to heart of it we all essentially share.

We all share the blame in letting it get this bad. It seems more and more likely to me that we will all shoulder the burden of it continuing to get worse. At least until we start voting in the best interest of ourselves as individuals and in the best interest of our neighbors, who are also individuals themselves.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You people kill me.

There are only 2 people that you will get to vote for, this time around.

Better make it count for the best interest of the USA and not yourself.

Think long term.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
You people kill me.

There are only 2 people that you will get to vote for, this time around.

Better make it count for the best interest of the USA and not yourself.

Think long term.

But there will be THREE names on all 50 ballots. Where are the rules saying we only get to vote for two of them?

Sounds like self-defeating logic to me. =/

ETA: I am absolutely thinking long term and on the behalf of other's by following this track. I think we keep voting ourselves further and further into a corner.
edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: Addtl

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: atomish

In the case of the DNC...Super Delegates are deciding who is nominated.
It's stacked in Clinton's favor (from the beginning)...intentionally. Don't blame the Dem voters, blame the Democrat Establishment.
edit on 28-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: atomish

In the case of the DNC...Super Delegates are deciding who is nominated.
It's stacked in Clinton's favor (from the beginning)...intentionally. Don't blame the Dem voters, blame the Democrat Establishment.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you! I blame the whole damn thing, the GOP, DNC, NAMBLA, PGA, PS4, whatever acronyms. The whole damn establishment.

My point is everyone acts like there will only be two names on the ballot:

Hillary Clinton
Donald Trump

This is just simply not true. I don't blame the ignorance on the voters themselves. We have been led astray by those we elected to guide us and represent our best interests.

Most people don't even know there is a third choice. Maybe if they did, we wouldn't be watching this shi* show.

edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: Oops language filter lol

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Republicans appear primed to cry foul if the FBI closes its investigation without handing down indictments or offering a public explanation.

I know some people have been paying attention to the last eight years.

And if they did actually bother to listen to Republicans.

It would mark the first time in eight years they did.

So.

If your getting hopes up that justice will be served on Clinton ?

Your going to be let down.

I'd love nothing more for it to happen.

But I don't want a Sanders presidency.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Republicans appear primed to cry foul if the FBI closes its investigation without handing down indictments or offering a public explanation.

Of course they are. They have known for some time that this would never end up in the courts. Cases like this rarely do, except where very serious circumstances are present.

Many on the Right has been creating a "conspiracy" around the email issue for just this very reason. They can't contemplate that their hopes and dreams of a Clinton indictment will be squashed and so they must drag this out in another way. Simplest and most honest thing to do is admit they were wrong and move on. But that is not going to happen.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Many on the Right has been creating a "conspiracy" around the email issue for just this very reason.

It's that damned Vast Right Wing Conspiracy again. When will they realize Hillary has never done anything wrong and just stop picking on her for no reason?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Many on the Right has been creating a "conspiracy" around the email issue for just this very reason.

It's that damned Vast Right Wing Conspiracy again. When will they realize Hillary has never done anything wrong and just stop picking on her for no reason?

The Right Wing has been and will continue to build a conspiracy around this. They did the same thing with Benghazi.

It's how they cope with being wrong without coming to terms with the fact they were wrong. It's purposeful self-delusion.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The Right Wing has been and will continue to build a conspiracy around this. They did the same thing with Benghazi.

It's how they cope with being wrong without coming to terms with the fact they were wrong. It's purposeful self-delusion.

Yep, they're wrong. Hillary's never been wrong in anything she's ever been involved with.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yep, they're wrong. Hillary's never been wrong in anything she's ever been involved with.

No one has said that. You're being a drama queen.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The State Department report the other day turned the "vast right wing conspiracy" into a "vast left wing reality".

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Seriously? You don't think Dem voters should be blamed for voting for Clinton more than Sanders. Even without superdelegates she would win the nomination. The reality is Dem voters are complete idiots and Clinton proves how decrepit their minds are.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: filched
a reply to: IAMTAT

Seriously? You don't think Dem voters should be blamed for voting for Clinton more than Sanders. Even without superdelegates she would win the nomination. The reality is Dem voters are complete idiots and Clinton proves how decrepit their minds are.

Dem voters had Crooked Hillary shoved down their throats by the crooked Establishment-controlled DNC.

At least Republican voters fought back against the RNC Establishment and shot down over a dozen Establishment candidates.

The RNC was prepared to shove Bush down their throats just as the DNC did Crooked Hillary.
Republican voters spit Bush back in their faces.
Democrat voters just swallowed Crooked Hillary.

top topics

join