It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowflake Language Police Want You To Stop Using The "C" Word

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Laugh, my mind immediately went for the bicycle pump to re-inflate the poor little snowflake who compressed soo quickly at the "C" word - although it wasn't the "C word of course I was thinking about. I'll leave it to your imagination where exactly I would have put said pump inflow valve.

Sick to death of people thinking that they can emotionally blackmail people verbally. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Yes that existed before the compo culture took hold thanks to greedy solicitors etc but its very true. You have to grow up and deal with things and the sooner people stop this victim behaviour they get a secondary gain out of the better. It builds character because when something really dire hits your world you will be too much of a sissy to face up to it to and deal with it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
You don't see this bs coming from poor neighborhoods.

Man, I just couldn't gloss over this extremely astute point without commenting on it...

You, sir, just enlightened me in an area I have been confused previously. A lot of this stuff I read online just doesn't make sense to me, who thinks about this kinda crap enough to get their panties in a wad over it?

Something so seemingly simple, I couldn't grasp where the disconnect was coming from. Why was my reality so much different than all the nonsense these people are crying about?

Oh, wow. Duh. Seriously, thanks for your comment.

I'm off to facepalm myself into obscurity for being so dumb.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It's funny that the Framers were brought up because they were very particular and precise about language too. A lot of people are. I think the OP is crazy to let one blogger have so much power over him personally.

I have to wonder, if it's threatening to free speech to suggest proper adjectives be used instead of go to lazy ones isn't criticizing her for it also threatening free speech? If it's so wrong for these so called SJWs to be critical of societal norms (including language) isn't it then wrong to criticize them?

Personally, I think everything and everyone is fair game for criticism but apparently that isn't true for these ironic, newly defensive of "free speech"... idiots that cry buckets of tears when anyone criticizes them or their norms.

"Hey look how special I am because I write words on the internet about special snowflakes!"

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
What an intellectual. It's actually almost offensive that this excuse for a human thinks ADHD is such a pain.. it's not a mental illness, hell, it isn't even a real affliction.

The philosophy of the times; the complete inversion of stoicism. Where weakness is a virtue, maybe the meek already inherited the Earth. F*ck...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: atomish

Oh I grew up in a tough little wrestling town in Pennsylvania and I've lived in Palm Beach and Santa Barbara so I've got a pretty good perspective on that.

Glad I could help.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Calling someone crazy is extremely dismissive and minimizing, but I agree. I too am sick of walking on eggshells around everyone with this politically correct nerf the world nonsense. I may not agree with you, but I'll defend your right to speak your opinion.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Fine. You think that word isn't bad, I think you are crazy. "Sarah Palin Looney as a Toon Crazy".

Nope, don't care.

As an adult, I recognize that there are no trigger words. Words only have power over me if I let them.

Crazy. Insane. Wacko. Demented. Nuts. Mental.

Just words.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: EveStreet

Pretty soon all words will be offensive in some way. We will only be allowed to communicate in small sighs, nods and interpretive dance.

That is ridiculous.

Okay... never mind. That's a trigger word. Seriously?!?!? How could you dare to use that word? Do you have any idea how many people have been called the r-word? Micro-aggression.

(yes that was sarcasm)
edit on 28-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Saying the word .....I..... is offensive. It says one is only thinking about themselves. It is selfish. You as a human need to think about others that need snowflake treatment not yourself. People who use the word .....I.....are crazy.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So what's the explanation for your (singular and plural) constant state of being offended?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Solid gold, right there.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So what's the explanation for your (singular and plural) constant state of being offended?

I can't explain your false premises. Those are all yours.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Does Harry Potter swing into anyones mind?

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself" - Hermione

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Interpretive dance can be taken the wrong way, be careful, just showing two fingers on one hand can be interpreted so many ways...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Saying "I'm offended" is telling the world you cannot control your own mind, and the rest of the world should do it for you, a quote from 'e-cards' which I think is very pertinent these days.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm beginning to think that at least half of humanity is cray cray 🤔

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i think that these people are confused. There is no such thing as magic, and words are not spells.

Words are meaningless. They are sounds invoked by the combination of air over the vocal cords, and the movements of the mouth and its constituents. Without intent, words have no meaning and are just the sounds made by an animal.

Side note: for someone with ADHD, she does a fine job at staying on task long enough to write a rather lengthy bit, on a blog full of lengthy bits. Is it ADHD, or is it Munchausen? One is actually crazy....the other is just an obnoxious kid.

(post by stinkelbaum removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
I would like to claim the word Dumbass
Because almost every time someone is called a dumbass it isn't me.
It's offending. I am not all kinds of people, I'm just one. Hence all kinds of people call all kinds of people dumb, dumbass or ass. Or any combination with those words... I want them back.

I have to agree with you. You're more of a smartass than a dumbass 😏, although as you get older, that may switch around....and you'll find at times, you'll be both.....

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

to be more accurate, though, the OP is social commentary. The piece the OP is commenting on is simply whining.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join