It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian students threw a graduation dance party. It cost them 99 lashes each.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jgarc028

this is happening in another country where it really isn't my problem
Good for you, so do you wear "Blinkers" ? if not you should invest in a pair......

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
a reply to: jgarc028

this is happening in another country where it really isn't my problem
Good for you, so do you wear "Blinkers" ? if not you should invest in a pair......

and why is that?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

It's their own fault - they should know better than trying to have fun, enjoy themselves and each other in a Muslim run country.

"Enjoy life" and "Islam" and not compatible.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Both your avatar and reply says a lot...cheers

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Thank you, my friend. You're very welcome!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
sounds like my 16th birthday party

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Their is a huge disconnect between the Iranian people and the what is left of the revolutionary regime still clinging to power. As money and trade move into Iran the people will have more money and more power. It is only a matter of time before a secular moderate Iran arrives.

I agree. There's also the strong possibility that those who were lashed (and their families) will become emissaries of tolerance and modernity. Scarred for life over something as petty as a party should create contempt for the system too.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
www.pagef30.com...

Iran in the 1970s

The comment section is interesting.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The people need to stand up and protect their children. I've had enough of this world.

You do not ever comply with evil. You don't do that. If a majority refused to wear those hijabs and all stood outside and played their music loudly, a majority of people who would not comply with evil, ie 50-70% of all people sane enough to do that, what would they do?

I'd die free anyway.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: CB328
That is the true face of religion and conservatism.

There is nothing wrong with a little conservatism, would you approve your wife going to dinner with you in a thong and bra?

I agree the Iranians and other cultures take it to the extreme and that's not good but a little conservatism is obviously good.

The answer to your question is Hell yes i would if she wanted to do so.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Who cares? We don't live in that world and frankly -- we wouldn't want to. Plus, we'd kill anyone who tried to make us go back to it.

That ship has sailed. The notion that we pretend to negotiate with cultures that treat their women and children like property is cultural relativism of the worst kind. In fact -- we should ship our own hardliners over to these countries and be done with them as well.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Iran.

Where PC Snowflakes are in charge.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

There is nothing wrong with a little conservatism, would you approve your wife going to dinner with you in a thong and bra?

I agree the Iranians and other cultures take it to the extreme and that's not good but a little conservatism is obviously good.

While I agree that it would be her right to do so....

....most people have a little class.

Nothing wrong with being a little conservative.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

While I agree that it would be her right to do so....

....most people have a little class.

Nothing wrong with being a little conservative.

Well a bathing suit is technically underwear too but no one bats a eye at that. And I do not subscribe to class isms. By a little class you mean conformity to the herd. As long as you cant see my wifes naughty bits its perfectly legal for her to wear that out if she chooses. And totally rock it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is their law.
Every homosexual sex between men in public or in case there are wintnesses is punishable to death.
Drinking in public is punishable to lashes.
Fornication in case there are wintnesses is punishable to lashes.
Adultery can be punishable to death.
Rape is punishable to death.

So Iranians themselves have voted for Sharia which includes such laws ! The same that Americans voted for LGBT !

It is fair.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

amirite?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I bet they were all free to go in the toilet of their choice, without causing a national debate

Woody junior, its always amazing to see you posting . while i totally agree that this super extreme and there shouldn't have been lashes for this minor offend (According to constitution
)
Also when powerful people are caught doing the exact same thing on a monthly basis, no such action is taken and they're free to go after 48hr jail time .

but some points i'd like to make :

1- this was a (sex party) yet the punishment for women who are caught driving (yes, driving) in saudi can be even harsher ,you don't see these things making their way to MSM . but they never miss any such news regarding Iran . do they ?

2- Although as i said i don't support such an extreme measure, i'd have to insist that the constitution is voted by people in 2 separate referendums and the parliament is also voted each 4 years . my point : the majority of people want this . is it democratic ? you tell me .

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Iran.

Where PC Snowflakes are in charge.

As opposed to US and UK in which amazing peace-loving bunch are in charge ?

that made me laugh . Tnx

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join