It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Could Be First to Put Gun Owners in Federal Database

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

First. knives, gasoline, GUNS, etc are objects. Objects that in and of themselves do not constitute any danger. It's how you use those objects that can make them dangerous.

Second, you are using a topic which really has nothing to do with this one in your attempt to derail.

There are trans people and LGB among the community who are against this bill you are trying to claim "it's the same as gun rights"... It's not the same.

Again, you see, by making me mention this the thread will derail because we have to discuss the differences with that topic with to this one...

Stay within the topic "super moderator", please...

edit on 27-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't think they would ever really try confiscation in America though? It seems undoable and any attempts would lead to a bloodbath.This is like toothpaste,you cannot put it back in the tube.As the saying goes: "A gun behind every blade of grass" The American populace can not be disarmed,i don't think its something to worry about.

They won't have to confiscate them. Too many are willing to hand them over now.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Not happening. I will continue to post as others do. As is my right as a "member". Are you trying to silence me?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I don't think they would ever really try confiscation in America though?

The people in Britain thought the same, and the people in Australia, etc, etc. Gun registration has always led to gun confiscation.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Not happening. I will continue to post as others do. As is my right as a "member". Are you trying to silence me?

Ah, so a super moderator that does not want to stay on topic and instead wants to derail a thread... That's so cool... After all, authorities are always right...

edit on 27-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

The people in Britain thought the same, and the people in Australia, etc, etc. Gun registration has always led to gun confiscation.

No it hasn't. They tried it here in Canada and a helluva lot of people didn't play. It went by the wayside with over a billion in money spent. Wanna deal in facts?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Sorry dude. I'm not going to polish your cross. If you can't deal in fact don't play.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

No it hasn't. They tried it here in Canada and a helluva lot of people didn't play. It went by the wayside with over a billion in money spent. Wanna deal in facts?

They tried gun confiscation in Canada?

Did it start with gun and gun owner registration?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

And the gun-grabbers will continue trying until they win... I didn't say "immediately after"...

in Canada there have been, and will continue to be more, and more and more firearms that are banned and people would have to give up... Despite your claims, it has happened already even in Canada where several firearms have been banned already...

What guns are banned in Canada?
Add comments

Be prepared for the inundation of illogic . You have been warned.

This is probably the most common question for people who are thinking about either moving to Canada or just visiting for a hunting trip, shooting competition, or other sort of vacation. Sadly, the truth of the matter is that there is little or no rhyme or reason to the pattern of firearm prohibitions in Canada and, as such, YOU CANNOT RELY ON COMMON SENSE TO BE YOUR GUIDE IN THIS MATTER!! We cannot stress that enough…

As idiotic as it may seem, Canadian politicians and lawmakers have long since stopped listening to responsible gun owners and other genuinely knowledgeable people on the subject and have been simply giving the gun-grabbers what they want, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

The following information (with commentary added where we felt it appropriate) was taken, word for word, from the Canada Firearms Centre (CFC) website on 27 September 2008. It is important to note that date because, due to the sometimes-nebulous nature of Canadian gun law, the status of any weapon can change at any time — even without any debate in the Canadian Parliament! You will notice below many references toOrders in Council” (OICs). These are declarations — indeed, changes to the very law of the land! — that are enacted, not by elected representatives of the Canadian people, but rather by unelected bureaucratic bodies who are, for all intents and purposes, accountable to NO ONE! It is even possible for a perfectly law-abiding Canadian gun owner to become a criminal without his knowledge, if one of his firearms is suddenly added to the prohibited list and he is not aware and he does not jump through the right bureaucratic hoops. This is the sad state of affairs in Canada today.

Because of this, you are strongly advised, if you have any questions, uncertainties or doubts whatsoever, to contact the Canada Firearms Centre (CFC) or local Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) detachment for ANY clarifications that you may require. The following information is presented for general reference only!

www.gunownersresource.com...

edit on 27-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I will never understand why the state feels the need to qualify a right with prerequisites.

I have to have my 4th and 5th Amendment rights violated in order to exercise the 2nd. Gun control is the perfect precedence for destroying the rest of the constitution.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Sen. Will Espero, who introduced the bill, and the Honolulu Police Department said Hawaii could serve as a model for other states if it becomes the first to enact the law.
-OP Source
Oh, I can see Washington State jumping it on this if it goes through. The lobby runs deep to have similar passed so far.

The bill involves an FBI database known as the "Rap Back" that currently tracks people who are in "positions of trust," such as school teachers and people who work with the elderly. Stephen Fischer of the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services Division told The Associated Press. Hawaii would add gun owners to the list.

Source
Gun owners will be out into the "Rap Back" FBI database which already tracks employees in "positions of trust".

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
If federal 'databases' don't exist ?

Mateen legally bought at least two firearms in the last several weeks according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Mauro said the U.S. must develop better ways to prevent “known extremists” from purchasing guns.

www1.cbn.com...

Then HOW do they know that ?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I find it ironic that we are going to put people in a database because they own guns when more people die of other preventable causes each year.

Let's take Homosexuals as an example. They are the leading cause of the spread of HIV.

In 2012 13,712 people died from HIV related causes. In 2013 there are 11,208 deaths by firearms by homicide, 505 by accident and 21,175 by suicide. Suicide is a self inflicted act so we can drop those numbers for context here. So leaving suicide out we have a grand total of 11,713 deaths by guns around the same time frame that we have over 13,000 die of HIV related causes.

And yes, yes, we know the argument. HIV doesn't just affect Homosexuals BUT they are the leading cause of the spread of the disease.

So using the gun logic, we need to put all Homosexuals on a list and track their every movement to prevent the spread of HIV.

HIV stats: (CDC - Uh O!)
www.cdc.gov...

Gun Stats:
en.wikipedia.org...

So when are we going to get this database going?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Rights will be denied. People will be harassed.

I think the rights of people to not be surrounded by deadly weapons if they don't want to is more important.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
kinda like car owners ?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Receipts? Bank account records?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
To those that want guns registered let me ask you these questions,

Do you think it would prevent gun crimes?

If not, why do you think registration is necessary, what would the benefit be?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join