It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News in serious talks about hosting Trump | Sanders debate before June 7 (or not?)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yeah, ok. Whatever you say buddy.

I was talking about Trump. You're the one who is getting all personal. I guess that's all you got left at this point.

Also, I don't hate you. I didn't realize the conversation was even about you. I was talking about Trump.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Donald Trump Supporter here, but you know what? He talks "off the cuff" too damn much! That could get us blown to smithereens if he's President. I certainly hope that he can show restraint between now and election day, or I'll be voting for him with a little voice on my shoulder saying "Don't do it, dummy!".

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You and I also are not running for president and saying these on national TV.

This is a bit different than just saying something you didn't agree with, he challenged Bernie and then backed out after the fact.
Sounds like he got scared.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

He definitely got scared. And if he didn't-- best possible case scenario-- YET AGAIN someone tapped him on the shoulder and said "Uh, sir, that's a bad idea." Yet again a bad idea suggested by Trump only to be later corrected by whoever is advising him. Maybe his adviser should be the one running for president since Trump obviously lacks the foresight of a true leader.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You and I also are not running for president and saying these on national TV.

This is a bit different than just saying something you didn't agree with, he challenged Bernie and then backed out after the fact.
Sounds like he got scared.

On second thought, what Trump could be doing intentionally is energizing Bernie Supporters even more than they already are..

Their thoughts now... "BERNIE is so wonderful for this country that the big bad Donald Trump is afraid to debate him! He will debate weak, pitiful Hillary, but not our guy Bernie Sanders!!!"

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: mOjOm

Dude, he had time to think. He said he would then backed out. At that point he had all the time in the world to think about it. Then he goes on TV again and says he'd love to debate Sanders and raise some money for charity which he then upped to 10 million dollars. So when that came in and it looked like he had to debate, he then backs out again.

No positions in the race had changed. Sanders was always in second and it was never a problem until now when he needs some excuse.

Face it. Trump is a chicken sh*t and a liar. He's agreed to it twice and keeps backing out. Even after raising it from 1 to 10 million dollars. Guess he's not really wanting to help charity too much after all is he???

I am voting for Trump just to piss Progressives off!

Well...that's a very mature and responsible reason to vote for someone. I mean, it's not like policies, experience or substance matter anyway...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Dude, he had time to think. He said he would then backed out. At that point he had all the time in the world to think about it. Then he goes on TV again and says he'd love to debate Sanders and raise some money for charity which he then upped to 10 million dollars. So when that came in and it looked like he had to debate, he then backs out again.

No positions in the race had changed. Sanders was always in second and it was never a problem until now when he needs some excuse.

Face it. Trump is a chicken sh*t and a liar. He's agreed to it twice and keeps backing out. Even after raising it from 1 to 10 million dollars. Guess he's not really wanting to help charity too much after all is he???

I am voting for Trump just to piss Progressives off!

Well...that's a very mature and responsible reason to vote for someone. I mean, it's not like policies, experience or substance matter anyway...

After 7+ years of Obama?

That's how I roll!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's all the Trump supporters are about. They even admit it. It's not about making anything great again because there is no plan for how to do that.

It's about revenge and bitterness against those who they don't like or don't agree with.

It won't stop at the system either. If he wins I predict every psycho with an axe to grind will be out hunting for someone to blame all their problems on while thinking that Trump being president makes their vengeance ok.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It won't stop at the system either. If he wins I predict every psycho with an axe to grind will be out hunting for someone to blame all their problems on while thinking that Trump being president makes their vengeance ok.

Obama supporters have been doing that for 7+ years already.

He has fundamentally changed America !!

edit on May-27-2016 by xuenchen because: snail.mail

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Seems like a negotiation tactic to me. And a damn good one. He's already got the pledged charity funds from 1mil to 10-15mil...

You gotta admit, the man's a masterful negotiator and helluva tactician. I mean honestly, he's played the media, painted the DNC and Hillary in a bad light AND shown Sanders' desperation for media attention all in one play.

Whether he chooses to take the debate now or not doesn't even matter, the deed is done.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

Nobody will ever see a dime of that pledge money because he backed out of the debate so what does it matter???

He painted himself as a flip flopping coward and liar.

But you're right. What's done is done now. Great tactics there. Trump Folds.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's all the Trump supporters are about. They even admit it. It's not about making anything great again because there is no plan for how to do that.

It's about revenge and bitterness against those who they don't like or don't agree with.

Pisses you off to no end doesn't it?!

Sucks when your ideology is threatened to lose it's grip on it's authoritarianism?

Thanks to the Progressive movement, the US now has a Nationalist movement that is growing stronger every day! How many times do you kick a dog until it finally bites you?

Your welcome!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yea, its fairly stupid that no one will be getting any charity funds now,(unless he does accept) but his ability to command control of a situation has been shown time and again. THAT, truly, is hard to argue.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Pisses you off to no end doesn't it?!

Sucks when your ideology is threatened to lose it's grip on it's authoritarianism?

Thanks to the Progressive movement, the US now has a Nationalist movement that is growing stronger every day! How many times do you kick a dog until it finally bites you?

Your welcome!

Nope. I'm not pissed off at all. I'm not sure what you think I'd be so upset about. You seem to be the one getting your panties in a bunch after all.

You can't seem to handle the fact that your boyfriend Trump is a coward who runs from a debate with Sanders that he already agreed to do twice. I had nothing to do with that. That's all Trump.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I wouldn't say flip flopping on this debate is taking control over it though. He's upped the price which was met. He's gone back and forth saying he'd do it then he won't.

Now he's trying to act tough again saying he won't debate the guy in second place like he's too good for it. But the whole situation has just been him trying to wiggle out of something that he got himself into to begin with.

Again proving that he just says stuff without ever thinking about it. Then when it comes time to put up or shut up he starts making excuses, or blaming others for his failure, or lies some more.

Doesn't exactly instill confidence to see him fold up under pressure like that.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I guess we both just see the situation differently.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I guess so. Glad to see we can do that without it becoming personal.

Hopefully I'll see ya around more and we can disagree on some more stuff.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Even PBS has their own bias and agenda because that's life. But we don't have the option to pick who will host because this isn't your normal run of the mill debate. If Trump doesn't accept there's no debate but more importantly if no outlets are stepping up to meet his demands there will be no debate.

Do you think PBS is gonna front 1 million or 10 million dollars? So far, only the TYT has accepted the challenge while there's rumors of Fox looking to host it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

And American politics being dumb downed has been confirmed.

They win, it's now just a school yard pissing contest.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Same can absolutely be said about Bush and his supporters.

He has fundamentally changed America !!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join