It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Tell Time? Doubtful

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The reference to the Matrix is a good one. They system they impose on us is false. It only has power over us because we submit to it.

Each state has its own calendar, too. According to other nations the years is such and such, only deferring to the international date line for navigation and location. Which in reality is changing constantly… down here on our pale blue dot we are told its such and such a time and date, but in the greater cosmos the earth is moving at thousands miles an hour in some random direction through space…
The correct answer to what time is it, is right now.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Time, something we all assume we know how to tell. Try teaching it to a kid. This guy is really funny about how to teach your kid how to tell the time.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

At the end of the day it's all just a binch of numbers to me. I follow my body clock, haven't worn a watch in about 30 years and couldn't tell you which year I did what except for a few landmarks. I can guess the time of day to within a couple of minutes sometimes and I'm only a day or two out with days of the week too....lol.

Just numbers to me.

Stars and galaxies for that, I don't wear a watch or punch anyones clock. Being free is about freedom from, being in and not of (not a product of) the world…

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Great posts all, but not what I was looking for.
Maybe if Phage runs thru he may be bored enough that this may appeal to him just for grins and giggles?

I'm looking for someone who can do the math of this.
For a ball park more accurate timeline.

Massively good point INTPR...I forgot we are trying to nail this down as we're hurling at an insane velocity as well.
Being this math-Impaired should in perfect world get me a handicapped parking spot!
At the very least a really sparkly dunce cap?
LOL!!

edit on 27-5-2016 by Caver78 because: because I failed typing class?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I thoroughly enjoyed this!
I totally agree. We all feel the acceleration of time. And God knows that "spring forward" completely throughs me off, every year. I havent been on time to work yet, and I usually don't get adjusted to September.

So eliminating Western Calendars all together since as you so eloquently stated are a "hot mess" I would like to know who keeps the most accurate and what year are we in FOR REAL!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Um...I'm guessing it's been addressed already, but haven't read beyond the OP yet. You might not be aware, but we use what is known as a "solar calendar" - meaning it is based on the Earth's revolution around the sun. The moon's cycle is about 28 days - months are longer that that. Hence, sometimes there's 2 full moons in one month. Below is the proof of that, and it's really quite simple:

30>28
also:
29>28
furthermore:
31>28

Who are you laughing at, and why, OP? Perhaps just due to your confusion of how the calendar works?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Have you been reading Anatoly Fomenko?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Well the Chinese have the 13th month leap year, and by their calculations it is the year 4714
Chinese calendar

The Hebrew Calendar says its 5775
Israel's official calendar is the Hebrew one. According to Jewish counting, on September 24, 2014, we entered the Year 5775, that is - the supposed 5775th year since the world was created on Saturday night, October 6, 3761 BCE.

...this is getting more intriguing LOL
edit on 27-5-2016 by Istaywoke77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
ummm.....no.

It came up in normal conversation.
Gaps in the timeline are easily used to someones advantage, so we pondered just how many there could be. The math gave everyone fits.

Plus it would have required extensive googling and us housewives had to make dinner an do laundry, so it got tabled.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Istaywoke77

Thank You!
It's quite a little rabbit-hole and goes in many different directions.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Start with this...our time isn't what you think it is.
Back in the day the previous calendar was changed from the Julian to gregorian.
www.timeanddate.com...

Skipped Several Days
To get the calendar back in sync with astronomical events like the vernal equinox or the winter solstice, a number of days were dropped.

The papal bull issued by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582, decreed that 10 days be dropped when switching to the Gregorian Calendar. However, the later the switch occurred, the more days had to be omitted. (See table below).

This created short months with only 18 days and odd dates like February 30 during the year of the change over.

I think most people here know the calendar was adjusted. You sound like you are the first to 'discover' this. One article I read on it said some of the people of the time didn't quite get it and thought they were to be shorted so many days pay for that month or that those days were 'stolen from them'. Which is ridiculous, the days were just re numbered.

I am not sure what you are getting at... Are you saying that we should be concerned with calculating what 'day' it is if we had not been following the Gregorian Calendar, exclusively and only focusing on this? And why?

This has nothing to do with the Mandela Effect either.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
Time, something we all assume we know how to tell. Try teaching it to a kid. This guy is really funny about how to teach your kid how to tell the time.

That was hysterical!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Its just a jump to the left...

NIST has it all figured out, the past is the past, look to the future.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
Hate to point it out....but....

The measurement of time is an agreed upon unit of measure....as is any unit of measure.

There is no universal standard dictated by Chronos.

One way or the other...it's all just a headlong dive forward into entropy.

Once and a while I am humbled by some of the responses on ATS...well said my friend

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

When its light out its daytime, when its dark out its called nighttime. Don't tell me I cant tell time.

Nailed it!!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Caver78

Start with this...our time isn't what you think it is.
Back in the day the previous calendar was changed from the Julian to gregorian.
www.timeanddate.com...

Skipped Several Days
To get the calendar back in sync with astronomical events like the vernal equinox or the winter solstice, a number of days were dropped.

The papal bull issued by Pope Gregory XIII in 1582, decreed that 10 days be dropped when switching to the Gregorian Calendar. However, the later the switch occurred, the more days had to be omitted. (See table below).

This created short months with only 18 days and odd dates like February 30 during the year of the change over.

I think most people here know the calendar was adjusted. You sound like you are the first to 'discover' this. One article I read on it said some of the people of the time didn't quite get it and thought they were to be shorted so many days pay for that month or that those days were 'stolen from them'. Which is ridiculous, the days were just re numbered.

I am not sure what you are getting at... Are you saying that we should be concerned with calculating what 'day' it is if we had not been following the Gregorian Calendar, exclusively and only focusing on this? And why?

This has nothing to do with the Mandela Effect either.

Relda of course it has everything to do with the Mandella Effect.
(snort) of course I've known for a good fifty years that the calendar was "adjusted" that wasn't news. ROFL!

However, Needed that as one of the pieces of background information.

For the mandella Effect to work, you need to be able to move within what we know of as linear time, the way it's most commonly understood. Linear time of course ( to an extent) what we take for granted as being rather firm and progressing only in one direction.

What I'm inelegantly pointing out is that by playing loose and fast with the timeline ( cited in all the original examples) and us as humans going along with it there are GAPS that can be taken advantage of to change things.
Your Mandella Effect

The best analogy I have is the old story of the Muses or grandmas that weave the world. In a weaving there is the warp and weft and gaps within a weaving to "adjust" things, in our case adjust small events.

We would see these right away had our original timeline not been jerked around, changed days added, days stricken from the original timeline. Time is fluid. The passing of time changes depending on where you are doing the observing of it from. The best example of that would be once off world ( between here and the moon) while the earth rotates,
for the astronauts it did not. All they had was a clock to remain keeping time within our predetermined agreed upon system of 60 minutes in a hour/ 24 hours in a day.

THAT spelled out,
I'm pointing out anything NOT working within our standardized system of recording time pretty much has free reign to alter smallish things unnoticed. We are noticing some of them, then acting all surprised and flopping around trying to convince ourselves we are "misremembering".

The point in establishing what day and year it WOULD HAVE BEEN, gives us a baseline. A baseline to reevaluate what we think we are seeing now in reference to a lot of smaller things that are sure, neither here nor there ( the name of Depends) yet may be a symptom of larger things.

I can see how you missed the drift of where I was going with this, but SHEESH!
Usually you're a pretty sharp tack!!

It's one thing to sound relatively nuts by espousing different conspiracy factions have manipulated the general population, it's another to look at the fluidity of time and see WELL HECK! it's doable.
Dammit don't ya hate when that happens?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join