It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the NC Bathroom Law, Will Never be Applied to a Pervert...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The way the US legal system works is, they do not waste the time money and effort to prosecute mistermenors, when they have a major felony to charge you with.

Say you commit a murder, then flee from police when pursued. In that police pursuit, you would be speeding, evading arrest, reckless driving exc. but when the state charges you, it will ONLY BE FOR MURDER.

The time money and effort to prosecute a traffic infraction, just isn't worth it when compared to the murder charge. Besides, how do they pay their traffic fines, when they are in jail for decades for murder?? They can't.

So the state drops the minor charges and focuses on the major ones.

So even in the worst case situation imaginable,say a pervert dresses like a trans person then rapes some child in the bathroom. When he goes to court he will not be charged with both rape and being in the wrong bathroom. They will drop the minor bathroom charge, and focus on the rape.

If the offender cops a plea deal it will DEFINATELY be dropped as part of the deal.

So the ONLY people who will ever be charged with the NC bathroom law are random trans people who's only charge is the bathroom charge....aka some poor smuck who literally just needed to pee...

So not one pervert will ever actually be charged with this crime.

pS:Oh by the way, won't this make using the wrong restroom for convienence illegal too... You know, it's a single room and the men's is taken or out of order, so you use the ladies instead... Now that's a criminal offense right?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

No not really.

It depends on the strength of the evidence for the major crimes(s) committed and what the situations was, i.e. how much press the incident received, whether or not it made the police or city look bad, any number of factors.

But they generally will charge you with everything they can because the defense will need to focus more on not getting convicted of the major charges, some of the lessor ones have a bettor chance of sticking.

And who is Mr. Menors?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

No not really.

It depends on the strength of the evidence for the major crimes(s) committed and what the situations was, i.e. how much press the incident received, whether or not it made the police or city look bad, any number of factors.

But they generally will charge you with everything they can because the defense will need to focus more on not getting convicted of the major charges, some of the lessor ones have a bettor chance of sticking.

And who is Mr. Menors?

No they don't..

If there is a plea, any minor charges are instantly gone as part of the plea deal and that won't be needed because no one was ever been charged with a seat belt ticket and murder at few same time.

There is no scenerio where the nc law is used against a pervsrt and every single previous major crime ever prosecuted proves that point..

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

No not really.

And who is Mr. Menors?

Mistermenors

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Really? Aren't those NC folks still using outhouses?
Cheers

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Not really. Generally you'll be charged with as much as the prosecutor thinks he or she can charge you with. If their whole intent is to put you behind bars, they're not going to give you one felony charge and hope for the best. They're going to give you as many charges as they can to hedge their bets.

A plea deal is something else entirely. Charges can be reduced, charges can be dropped.

But saying that nobody ever gets misdemeanor charges if they have a felony charge is a bit of a blanket statement.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Duh. Reactionary laws never think things through. That's why they are always supremely flawed and create huge headaches after the fact.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Really? Aren't those NC folks still using outhouses?
Cheers

we just got indoor plumbing last week.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
That is not true at all. I actually knew a girl who was with her boyfriend and he robbed a bank. She got like 5 years in prison and when she got out last year she had to pay the ticket for not wearing a seatbelt lol....

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Not really. Generally you'll be charged with as much as the prosecutor thinks he or she can charge you with. If their whole intent is to put you behind bars, they're not going to give you one felony charge and hope for the best. They're going to give you as many charges as they can to hedge their bets.

A plea deal is something else entirely. Charges can be reduced, charges can be dropped.

But saying that nobody ever gets misdemeanor charges if they have a felony charge is a bit of a blanket statement.

Yes they are... It happens exactly that way in every single court house in every state. 90% of all prosecuted offences end in a plea bargain. So that only in the best of cases leaves the 10% who fight the charges, and honestly they aren't wasting the time.

I've been in legal trouble more than once, have spent half a dozen weekends in county jail along with a 2 year stretch from when I was 17 and drove the "get away car" while some dumb @$$ friends broke into a house.

So I am very finiliar with the American justice system! Lol

I can post countless atrocities (BIG CRINES) where they drop all the "non felony" charges...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
That is not true at all. I actually knew a girl who was with her boyfriend and he robbed a bank. She got like 5 years in prison and when she got out last year she had to pay the ticket for not wearing a seatbelt lol....

You don't even go to traffic court when under arrest for a felony. In fact , unless your fine was already set, they drop them. Since it will be more expensive to try and transport you to traffic court.

I got popped with 2 pain pills and speant 30 days waiting on a court date. Well I had some BS traffic stuff I was expecting them to come take me to court for, and they never did.

I promis the chick with the bank robbery charge did not get the seatbelt ticket from the bank robbery. If you already have your fines set, that is different. They just leave the amount on your bill, but if you haven't gone to court for it yet, and are under felony arrest, then your not going to traffic court.....you'll want to to break the bordom, but they ain't coming lol.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Duh. Reactionary laws never think things through. That's why they are always supremely flawed and create huge headaches after the fact.

Guaranteed...

This is a knee jerk attemp to look tough on gays to the GOP evangelical base.

Nothing more..

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Terrific. And I'm in court once a month, every month, unless I happen to be on vacation over my court date. Do we really want to have a pissing contest over who's more familiar with the courts and prosecutors?

Yes, there are any number of times that charges are dropped because of a plea deal. And if you go to trial, chances are they're not dropping any charges at all.

So again, your blanket statements of "always" and "never" are the issue here. You can be, and will be, charged and prosecuted for anything and everything a DA can make stick if you go to trial. Any halfway competent attorney will ensure that as many charges are dropped for his or her client before a plea deal is accepted.

Which is neither "always" nor is it "never."

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Terrific. And I'm in court once a month, every month, unless I happen to be on vacation over my court date. Do we really want to have a pissing contest over who's more familiar with the courts and prosecutors?

Yes, there are any number of times that charges are dropped because of a plea deal. And if you go to trial, chances are they're not dropping any charges at all.

So again, your blanket statements of "always" and "never" are the issue here. You can be, and will be, charged and prosecuted for anything and everything a DA can make stick if you go to trial. Any halfway competent attorney will ensure that as many charges are dropped for his or her client before a plea deal is accepted.

Which is neither "always" nor is it "never."

I bet no one can post one single "major crime" where a minor mistermenor was added on and prosecuted...

In any big criminal case, the offender has commited a dozen minor infractions along with whatever big felony, but they do not go to trial over the BS mistermenors...

I can start posting real life crime events that prove it.. Like literally every single notable case that has ever been news worthy...

So I am more than happy to get in apissing match with you on this specific subject, because I have watched it play out countless times.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

No not really.

And who is Mr. Menors?

No they don't..

If there is a plea, any minor charges are instantly gone as part of the plea deal and that won't be needed because no one was ever been charged with a seat belt ticket and murder at few same time.

There is no scenerio where the nc law is used against a pervsrt and every single previous major crime ever prosecuted proves that point..

Some minor charges might disappear, others may not. Some may be reduced. An offer will be made. If the defendant doesn't like the offer, they can turn it down and go to trial. He will be tried for each charge as no deal has been made.

If they are satisfied with it, they can then plead guilty to the amended charges. The ADA will recommend a sentence, the probation department will issue a suggestion for the sentence. The judge, then, based on what they have the power to do and what they want to do might agree with everyone else and give whatever punishment was offered in the plea deal. If it is traffic court, it is a little simpler.

You are speaking of a misdemeanor. They may face jail time for it, depending on their previous criminal record and other factors. They may not, it may be reduced to disorderly conduct with an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal.

You have made a process appear to be simpler than it is and what you say does not support your OP.
edit on 27-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

mistermenor

Joshua,
Stop bringing Mister Menor into this, he doesn't want to talk about it.
edit on 27-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Jerry Sandusky was convicted of dozens of charges, both felony and misdemeanor, and sent to prison. All of his felony charges were "major felonies."

In North Carolina, using the wrong restroom can catch you a class one or class two misdemeanor charge depending on how the arresting officer and DA write it up and articulate it.

So no, you're not likely to get charged for jaywalking when you run across the street with cops chasing you out of the bathroom, but you'll very likely catch misdemeanor charges in addition to whatever felonious acts committed.

Kind of like how Sandusky caught them.

My stream is bigger.

Side note: HB2 doesn't criminalize or decriminalize using the "wrong" restroom any more than it already was. Nobody will be charged with "violating North Carolina House Bill 2." Period. Committing lewd acts in a restroom will bring the same charges it always has.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Jerry Sandusky was convicted of dozens of charges, both felony and misdemeanor, and sent to prison. All of his felony charges were "major felonies."

In North Carolina, using the wrong restroom can catch you a class one or class two misdemeanor charge depending on how the arresting officer and DA write it up and articulate it.

So no, you're not likely to get charged for jaywalking when you run across the street with cops chasing you out of the bathroom, but you'll very likely catch misdemeanor charges in addition to whatever felonious acts committed.

Kind of like how Sandusky caught them.

My stream is bigger.

Side note: HB2 doesn't criminalize or decriminalize using the "wrong" restroom any more than it already was. Nobody will be charged with "violating North Carolina House Bill 2." Period. Committing lewd acts in a restroom will bring the same charges it always has.

Well you sure decided not to actually read up on the Sandusky trial then....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Here is his wiki page... It clearly states how some charges were dropped and and that every single one of his charges were for sexual misconduct with a child. There were no small mistermenors tacked on.

When OJ ran from police, he was charged
With evading, not speeding.

I guess benefit of the doubt maybe working in a court house you really don't see the charges that "could have been filed" you only see those that were.

I have a hard time believing that a legit veteran of the criminal/court system would be arguing your point.

Dropping the BS infractions to focus on the major crime is done in every single court house, every single day.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Then you are saying it is a BS law that will not effect one single offender then??

You just don't agree legit trans people will get charged?

Then what is the benefit to the law at all??
edit on 27-5-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You're right, I didn't read the wiki page.

I read the article that listed every single conviction he has. Which were both felonies and misdemeanors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join