It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE Flat Earth thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

It was a moderator and rightfully so. Yes there are some real conspiracies. No there is not a single shred of evidence of flat earth. It's probably one of the most preposterous theories floating around the internet.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: leastofthese

Posting so I can come back later on.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

How do you mean rightfully so.. Do have evidence which will blow this theory out of the water... please tell me so I can inform the millions of other people who are worried about the shape of our "globe".

No my friend, I know it is hard to comprehend but unless you have something solid you can not say "rightfully so".

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When we peer out into space on our Newtonian reflectors, we see a globe planets and a globe type moon. I think Admiral Byrd was suggesting a hollow earth? We did hear astronauts say the moon rang like a bell for a long time after they landed on it..... That would indicate hollow moon

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

What millions of people? Maybe a couple hundred thousand loons. There is zero evidence of the flat earth. People pushing the flat earth nonsense have nothing but speculations. They figured the earth was a globe thousands of years ago. Prove the earth is flat if you disagree with the placement of the thread.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It amazes me how baffled people are when they hear flat earth. They defend the idea of a globe so much they are blinded by their hypocrisy(at least on this website). Being a conspiracy theory website, you'd think this subject would get less ridicule on here.

Well i for one havent decided on the flat earth theory. I was watching the moon landing again the other day and i couldnt believe how fake and setup everything was. The earth scene where they are leaving earth and the scene where they are approaching earth was the same, it was the exact same earth, it had not changed. The other thing was how fast houston and the astronauts communicated. Isnt there supposed to be a delay? Anyway, theres so many things that have turned me away from NASA and the government lately. There has been tons of proof of NASA lying right in our face, so I would NOT disregard subjects/threads like this right away. Also, have you not noticed how there hasnt been a 360 degree video of outerspace? Theres always the cartoony looking video of earth but the camera is always still.. Well anyways i dont wanna get off topic here but TRY AND KEEP AN OPEN MIND PEOPLE! The earth may not be flat but there isnt any REAL photograph of our "round earth" anywhere!!

Rant over

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If the earth was flat, would we still orbit the sun? Or would the sun orbit the flat earth? And why would we be the only flat planet in our solar system? Or is every planet a pancake instead of a sphere. Or is it orb instead of sphere? I give up!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: upperhand12
It amazes me how baffled people are when they hear flat earth. They defend the idea of a globe so much they are blinded by their hypocrisy(at least on this website). Being a conspiracy theory website, you'd think this subject would get less ridicule on here.

Well i for one havent decided on the flat earth theory. I was watching the moon landing again the other day and i couldnt believe how fake and setup everything was. The earth scene where they are leaving earth and the scene where they are approaching earth was the same, it was the exact same earth, it had not changed. The other thing was how fast houston and the astronauts communicated. Isnt there supposed to be a delay? Anyway, theres so many things that have turned me away from NASA and the government lately. There has been tons of proof of NASA lying right in our face, so I would NOT disregard subjects/threads like this right away. Also, have you not noticed how there hasnt been a 360 degree video of outerspace? Theres always the cartoony looking video of earth but the camera is always still.. Well anyways i dont wanna get off topic here but TRY AND KEEP AN OPEN MIND PEOPLE! The earth may not be flat but there isnt any REAL photograph of our "round earth" anywhere!!

Rant over

It only takes 8 or 9 minutes for light to travel from the sun to the earth. Moon transmissions probably would only be slowed down by relay stations.

Is it the first moon landing that was faked? Or is it all ten or 12 moon landings?

You do know we still bounce lasers of mirrors left by astronauts on the moon. I guess Skylab and all the probes are fakes too?
m.youtube.com...
edit on 28-5-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Cannot stop thinking about flat earth. The earth would still be something like a cube at least. It still would have length, width, and depth. The only way earth could be truly flat is if earth only existed in two dimensions. As in the old nes Mario games. Only move up/down and left/right. The dimensions of closer and farther would not exist for example. We would live in a world you could not walk around an object.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Sorry, I didn't count them exactly for you... but would a few hundred thousend not be enough to help loose this ridiculous idea? You are wrong to say that there is zero evidence.. There is enough evidence wich can confirm the Earth is flat.. the question is if it is enough evidence. The other way around is also true.. there is evidence that the world is a globe... but is it enough evidence. The question is also...WHAT will be enough evidence? If you can show me a picture of our planet.. I mean a picture from enough distance it will show a sphere... I will give you kudos and will I never doubt the shape of our world again.

Do not understand me wrong... I am not convinced that our world is flat but I have an open mind. Did you ever considered it a possibillity we are one big bio experiment? There can always be a more advanced species out there in the universe..maybe a million years older than us who find it interesting to "play" with geneticly modified proteins and see what it can lead upto.

Did you hear about the Brookings Rapport..by any chance? Well, its a raport about what to do if NASA astronauts will find evidence of intelligent life in space. The conclusion was to keep this knowledge from the citizens on Earth. It says we can not handle the truth. You see where I am going with this..??

Anyways... go watch some of the YouTube vids made about the subject.. I can recomment the more to the point vids made by Eric Dubay and Mark Sargent.

It is equal difficult to proof that the world is flat as it is spherical.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: upperhand12

here's one. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Or physical reality is not even real and Earth is not a sphere and not flat either, technically. What we experience could be rendered like a 3D First Person action game, which might not be designed to include a curvature to the rendered surface and this is merely a notion that was introduced later.

In this scenario Earth could be "flat"(which surface experiments seem to show) while still allowing the possibility for "around the world" travel without encountering edges.

edit on 28-5-2016 by CollidinParticules because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sooooo, how is gravity manipulated to form a flat earth in stead of forming a sphere. Are you saying the natural tendency for gravity is to make flat planets? If the earth is flat, it still has six sides. Multiple sides. Just saying. Want to play the other dimension game. The ripple effect off the big bang creating many other dimensions. Bubbles of other realities. Was the big bang flat? Are bubbles flat? Rocks tend to have many sides. There is a point in mass when astroids will form spheres. Its safe to say nature is more likely to create in curves, circles, and spheres. Not a flat two dimension.
edit on 28-5-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If the earth is flat, why do the seasons change? Why are there periods of almost all night time at the poles? If the earth does not have a spherical metal core that spins, what produces the magnetic fields that protects the earth from solar radiation and particles? Rotating molten material tends to make a flat surface? if the earth was flat, why was the hole in the ozone cup shaped. If the earth is flat, why would the moon orbit the earth in a circular orbit?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Flat earth is real? Early evadance was interpreted by ancient people that the earth was the centure of the universe in that everything circulated the earth. It's not how you interupt reality, it's how you use reality to produce a desired outcome. Think a space program would be very sussessful if it assumed the earth was flat and everything orbited the earth?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You're assuming a "big bang" even happend. See that's the problem. Have you not noticed how they rub "space" in our face? There's hundreds of space movies and shows. They talk about space all the time in the news. They teach you about space all through school. But tell me this, where is this space? Every single picture we are shown is cgi or some kind of artificial imaging. If I were you i would start thinking for yourself and stop eating all this government propaganda that seems to be brainwashing everybody. I don't know why they would lie but there must be big reason behind it. There probably is some kind of space out there but I'm 100% positive we have not been out there.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Is it so hard to think that we are the center of the universe? I mean, just look around you, how beautiful and amazing everything is. The human species is a perfect being( forget the world problems) just look at how we look, how we can breath and be alive, be conscious, love, hate, laugh, cry, befriend people, interact with everything around is. Do you really believe this is all random? That we are just a ball in the middle of nowhere?

Think about it, man.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Question was, how is NASA able to accurately send probes to explore other plants? How are space agencies able to keep the international space station in orbit? How are communication satellites able to stay in orbit if the needed calculations use gravity, planets are spheres, and the spherical earth orbits the spherical sun. If you pass flat earth off as a practical joke, I get it. Just remember there are people dead serious about the flat earth model, and would bet their lives on it. Increasing amounts of people, due to the internet, can no longer understand parody, fantasy, pseudo evidance, and pseudo science.

I guess its about ones own reality now. Not about the actual mechanics of the universe and how to harness the natural forces.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So an Antarctica ice wall surrounding the flat earth in a circular wall with nothing beyond makes more sense? An ice wall that limits your reality? That knowledge enables you to produce what? Even a flat earth has multiple surfaces. At least three if it's a disc. And the earth is so flat, why do we have mount Everest and sea trenches? In you model, the earth is a bumpy slab at least?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I see you have many questions, questions which are the first ones you would like to be answered. Before you post any other such questions I urge you to watch these vids made by Mark Sergant .

To make it easier for you and to reduce the shock to your normal view onto the globe as it is..lol.. I suggest you start with Episode one Chapter one...

You can thank me later..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join