It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE Flat Earth thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: leastofthese

So you get 11 flags and 8 stars for saying the earth is flat and providing zero evidence for this claim? I'm flabbergasted.

NO, since it's not your thread. You may get twice or 3x that if you create content on a better conspiracy theory.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I realize that. I'm more than interested in seeing what evidence the OP will bring on the flat earth theory. I've watched many YouTube videos stating the earth is flat. Most claim mankind has never been to space and there is a firmament (dome) covering the earth. Kind of like a snow globe.

The biggest reason I don't like the flat earth theory is because I don't see a motive behind such a conspiracy. If the earth is flat and we know it is flat then what purpose would it serve for scientists, government to tell us it is round? There's no logic behind this conspiracy. Other conspiracies (911/pharmaceutical,NWO ) all have valid motives.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

My new favourite gif.

I too am waiting with baited breath to see the new evidence.

I don't believe the flat Earth theory for a number of reasons. Plane travel (done it) wouldn't work very well; Satellites wouldn't work very well; islands wouldn't appear bit by bit over the horizon (unless the Earth was GENERALLY flat but a bit wobbly/wavy) and long list of etc's...

But mostly it is just the whole why of it. Why is the Earth the only frickin' flat planet we have in the solar system. Why did we get the sucky flat planet when all the others, and the moons, are round? Doesn't seem fair to me.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

I realize that. I'm more than interested in seeing what evidence the OP will bring on the flat earth theory. I've watched many YouTube videos stating the earth is flat. Most claim mankind has never been to space and there is a firmament (dome) covering the earth. Kind of like a snow globe.

The biggest reason I don't like the flat earth theory is because I don't see a motive behind such a conspiracy. If the earth is flat and we know it is flat then what purpose would it serve for scientists, government to tell us it is round? There's no logic behind this conspiracy. Other conspiracies (911/pharmaceutical,NWO ) all have valid motives.

I don;t know, that ios what makes it a conspiracy. Who and why?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yes I agree. However generally we can assume or logically infer a why with other conspiracies. I can't think of any probable reason why people would lie about the earth being flat.

Also the who is a lot of people and to get millions of people to keep the lie going would be a task in and of itself.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

When I post about chemreails, I am told the same.

There's a reason for that.

I am still not convinced. This is what this place is for. The government has sprayed things on entire cities and in subways for decades, yet you want to say chemtrails don't exist, in the bad way. The government just stopped doing these things because they decided it was a bad idea at some point?
That is a poor argument.

Now back to flat earth.

About 6 years ago, I was Environmental Manager for my company. I set out to prove chemtrails was false. I pulled up Material Safety Data Sheets on many different types and grades of jet fuel. I found something unexpected at a large Texas fuel refinery. It was on their real site and in their MSDS sheets. Some of their fuel had things that didnt belong there. Barium, Aluminum, and at least a couple other things. It had 3 levels of the additives with a side note, that specified which level per government specification. Those sheets have disappeared, and I regret not copying them at the time. I came to ATS about that time due to that.
As for flat earth. I lived on the Island of Maui in the late 70s. The air was clear, and during hikes to Upcountry, such as Haleakala, I could see what seemed to be curvature of the Earth
edit on 26-5-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I found something unexpected at a large Texas fuel refinery. It was on their real site and in their MSDS sheets. Some of their fuel had things that didnt belong there. Barium, Aluminum, and at least a couple other things. It had 3 levels of the additives with a side note, that specified which level per government specification.

Exactly which one?

Those sheets have disappeared, and I regret not copying them at the time. I came to ATS about that time due to that.

I imagine the refinery has them on their site.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Lol and the thread has been moved to ludacris online lies. Hahaha.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've watched a few of these flat earth theory vids and I recall seeing the one here too.

My initial thoughts are like what some have mentioned, what is the actual motive for the conspiracy? Who would be behind it and what would they stand to gain from it?.

The amount of effort that would have to go into keeping this a secret would be mind boggling, as would the amount of people being sworn to secrecy ( who have all remained tight-lipped too )

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I guess I will ask the obvious question, has any flat earth people ever seen the edge? or does the earth just go on for infinity?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

How can the world be round if the space time that it's in is flat? The roundedness of the world is just as big of an illusion as not being able to see space time as being flat.
edit on 26-5-2016 by gflyg because: add-on

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Briefly watching that, I think my IQ dropped a few points. Is there anywhere I can request a refund on my time that was not-so-well wasted lol.

Time is one thing , but I had rather have my 50IQ points back

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

i has a suggestion - start with the simplest and easiest to verify evidence of the spheroid model :

POLARIS

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't know about the worst. Have you heard of the Mandela Effect? Both are pretty bad though.

I vote it second beat.
It has this clause about time lines that effectively makes it impossible to disprove.....
But then, they can't prove it is real either.

What are your most interesting conspiracy theories? I bet I can shoot them down. Don;t make fun of mine.

Bigfoot. But you can't dismiss him, he's right here next to me. He told me chemtrails were fantasy, and the Earth is round. Who you gonna believe?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

When I post about chemreails, I am told the same.

There's a reason for that.

I am still not convinced. This is what this place is for. The government has sprayed things on entire cities and in subways for decades, yet you want to say chemtrails don't exist, in the bad way. The government just stopped doing these things because they decided it was a bad idea at some point?
That is a poor argument.

Now back to flat earth.

About 6 years ago, I was Environmental Manager for my company. I set out to prove chemtrails was false. I pulled up Material Safety Data Sheets on many different types and grades of jet fuel. I found something unexpected at a large Texas fuel refinery. It was on their real site and in their MSDS sheets. Some of their fuel had things that didnt belong there. Barium, Aluminum, and at least a couple other things. It had 3 levels of the additives with a side note, that specified which level per government specification. Those sheets have disappeared, and I regret not copying them at the time. I came to ATS about that time due to that.
As for flat earth. I lived on the Island of Maui in the late 70s. The air was clear, and during hikes to Upcountry, such as Haleakala, I could see what seemed to be curvature of the Earth

I printed those MSDS sheets as a joke. Got ya.

(if you try to understand internal COMBUSTION engines and think about what would happen to those elements during the COMBUSTION process, it would make it really difficult to explain how the engines keep running. They tend to really watch Jet fuel, if the engine has issues, they can't just pull off the road and wait for a tow.

but, cool story bro.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Thats very strange. Is it possible to test for possible chemtrail "chemicals"? Iv'e been on the fence about the subject.
edit on 27-5-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
We'd have to be living in a massive "truman show". There would most likely be hundreds of thousands actors. People who are able fool the smartest of us. Much of our scientific literature would have to be cleverly deceptive.

Professors and great minds would have to be silenced, mind-controlled or just ingeniously tricked. Generation after generation.

Then there is the construction and mainstence of the "ice wall" and dome, preventing expeditions and flights from going beyond the border.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It Must be true....

It's in the Koran.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Oh boy. The proof is in the pudding lol.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I do not know if you made the choice yourself to put this thread into the Ludicrous Online Lies Forum or that a moderator did this. If you did this yourself it will not support your case...

I think it is presumtious and even bordering towards arrogant to take this thread and stick it in the "fun" box. Having this opinion does not mean I believe the Earth is flat. What I do know is that governments lie and that the world in reality is not the way we are made to believe it is. Of course it has some entertainment value but if this theory holds water in the slightest bit it is anything but funny. If there will be just one ironclad piece of evidence which says this theory is true this thread should belong into the most serious forum on this ATS site.

Just saying...

edit on 27/5/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join