It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman wins landmark discrimination case forcing ferry firm to remove the words 'ladies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The world has gone #ing mad.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The female with a dress symbol clearly discriminates against women who wear pants... maybe I should complain about that and raise a fuss because I haven't worn a dress or skirt for awhile now...
Things are getting curiouser and curiouser.
Sorry, I'm at a loss as to understanding the complaint made. Is the word ladies offensive to transgender folks now? If I identified as a male, personally I would want to be considered a gentleman... but being called a lady is offensive to super feminists sometimes... so do we need a new language with new words now... so no one gets offended ever...?
My brain is feeling duller and duller.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Anyone else think she looks like my avatar?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
But your avatar looks so nice.
Ah a devil for a day

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

This is clearly a discrimination against people with Symbolophobia

ETA: Someone should call them and ask what toilet to use, if you suffer from Symbolophobia, next you know, there wont be any toilets on this ferry

edit on 25-5-2016 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

en.m.wikipedia.org...

It was adopted as such in pre-World War I-Europe and later, and most notably, by the Nazi Party and Nazi Germany prior to World War II. In many Western countries, the swastika has been highly stigmatized because of its use in and association with Nazism.[5]

It continues to be commonly used as a religious symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism.[3]

A symbol that started out as one meaning and was turned into a different meaning for others.
A symbol whose descriptive words would mean different things for Hindus and Buddhists than Jewish people ....

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
a reply to: snowspirit

What about Swastikas?

I wish the nazis hadn't ruined that symbol, been around a looong time.

Edit: didn't see your 2nd post about it.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

They really were a bunch of dicks.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Telling that person to be using the disabled bathroom is absolutely ridiculous too.

I'm going to disagree with you there, and I'm going to do so pragmatically. Gender dysphoria is still considered a form of mental illness, with caveats, by the majority of psychologists who compose the DSM. Mental disability is still a disability, meaning the disabled toilet suggestion wasn't at all outrageous or wrong.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

We are eliminating words as in 1984

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

This transgender thing is really getting ridiculous. I can't believe a judge wouldn't have thrown this case out. Nothing like a minority part of the population deciding for the majority based upon their personal feelings. As a male dressing like a female, doesn't she want to be considered a lady? Why would the word ladies be so offensive? This country is losing it's marbles.

link   
Welcome to Female Man world. Blame the USA for this atrocity. Keep playing God. Karma is coming.

www.youtube.com...

www.oddee.com...

edit on 25-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: peppycat

We are eliminating words as in 1984

War is peace, freedom is slavery, dude's are chicks...

Orwell... visionary, or author of the operating manual for society in this era?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It also sounds like she called up worried about using the women's restroom and an employee just figured if she was worried about it no one would give her crap for using the disabled bathroom. She should anyway when one is available.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It is Newspeak! We will be limiting our vocabularies so we can not voice what we mean or feel.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Annee

I get that part, but why are they being forced to remove the word ladies and go with a chick in a skirt, it means the same thing.

Exactly! This is getting ridiculous with everyone being offended about every little thing. Words or a symbol, who cares, it means the same damned thing.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Annee

Its about discrimination of a minority group.

I disagree!

It is about some precious little snowflakes who want to bend society to their will.

It has not been a problem until now.

It seems three toilets, Men, Women and Everyone else is not sufficient.

This is about long term control.

P
^^^^^^^^^^^ This, C'mon people SMH
edit on 25-5-2016 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Kinda seems to me that she's stirring the pot, and succeeded at it.

Now granted I don't know a ton of TG folks, but I don't know of any that call a place up before ever setting foot in it to ask which bathroom they should use.

Nor do I know any that identify as a woman and yet are offended by the use of word "ladies' room" or vice versa for the men.

Pot = stirred. Job done. On to the next.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This is getting ridiculous with everyone being offended about every little thing.

Because look what it does to people. It reduces them to arguments. This is bigger than just the people, minorities, or shapeshifters. Real change is going on behind the scenes as we interact on the periphery, barely clinging to the surface.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: Specimen

en.m.wikipedia.org...

It was adopted as such in pre-World War I-Europe and later, and most notably, by the Nazi Party and Nazi Germany prior to World War II. In many Western countries, the swastika has been highly stigmatized because of its use in and association with Nazism.[5]

It continues to be commonly used as a religious symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism.[3]

A symbol that started out as one meaning and was turned into a different meaning for others.
A symbol whose descriptive words would mean different things for Hindus and Buddhists than Jewish people ....

You just proved my point. I didn't say Nazis, but your thinking about it.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join