It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on our Youth Continues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So one of my sisters friends was posting this all over Facebook apparently she organized a protest city-wide that I personally drove by in multiple locations while working today.

Apparently the kids don't like common core either, and I don't blame them. On some level they must realize they are being royally screwed right?

Why is all this happening?

Well, the board of education made massive cuts including technology and art. I know they cut technology how asinine is that?

WNEP

“It hurts. It hurts bad that they have the audacity to cut my legs out from under me and cut this program, the industrial arts program, which is the base for the STEM program.”

I think its genius to cut industrial arts and technology programs. Why not? These kids don't need a future anyway. Only gender studies and anything really sensitive and something they can learn in their safe spaces like common core. That'll teach these little slaves to want better educations!

WNEP

The Wilkes-Barre Area School District's director of curriculum did come out during the protest, but only to tell students to get to class or they will receive an unexcused absence.

Get back in your classrooms and shutup little slaves! You will do what your told and have no opinion! Now go back to your gender neutral studies and become the good little robots you are being designed to be, and remember 2+2=5!!!

Why is this happening you ask?????

Governor.pa.gov

“Since day one, I have been fighting for historic investments in education at all levels, including K through 12 basic education, to restore the devastating cuts that forced educator layoffs, increased class sizes, program cuts, and soaring property taxes. I have also been pushing for a fair funding formula to end Pennsylvania’s inequitable distribution of education dollars, one of the most inequitable in the country.

Such genius! He's helping our schools by cutting their budgets! Aamazing! An unending array of lies and idiocy from our "leaders" in a constant barrage of mind control and backwards speak that never stops.

They couldn't care less about the future of this country only whats happening in their own bank accounts.

edit on 5/25/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

War on drugs, war on Christmas, war in the Middle East.

War, what is it good for?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

They are being groomed!

Just look at our colleges. Students upset because they don't have enough time to be "activists" ie protest!

Out today, Oberlin Students: Replace Midterms with Conversations and Erase Grades Below Cs

Student activists at Oberlin College are saying how frustrated they are that the school is making it so tough for them to be on campus — and that it’s so unfair that the school won’t heed their demands for how to make it easier on them. Now, in case you forgot, Oberlin made headlines in December when student activists started demanding $8.20 per hour for protesting. That was pretty ridiculous in itself, but interviews with student activists in a New Yorker piece written by Nathan Heller suggest that that demand was really just the tip of the ridiculousness iceberg. For example, a self-identified “Afro-Latinx” student named Megan Bautista said she was upset that the school is refusing to erase any grades below Cs: Oberlin had modified its grading standards to accommodate activism around the Vietnam War and the Kent State shootings, and Bautista had hoped for something similar. More than thirteen hundred students signed a petition calling for the college to eliminate any grade lower than a C for the semester, but to no avail. “Students felt really unsupported in their endeavors to engage with the world outside Oberlin,” she told me.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I'll tell you what it's good for. Producing MORE! Prime examples: War on Drugs, War on Terror

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm starting classes in the fall and I'm going to have to work 40 hours a week and take 12 credit hours at the same time not looking forward too it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Apparently war is really good at energizing what its trying to stop.

I think we should try passive resistance, you know, if they push we pull type of thing.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I'm starting classes in the fall and I'm going to have to work 40 hours a week and take 12 credit hours at the same time not looking forward too it.

Good for you! That is how I did it. Paid my loan back as well. Wasn't easy, but I never claimed victim status either.
I see you trying to understand things, and asking why.

You will be a much better person for how you are approaching your education, versus these students I see belly aching about being oppressed!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Have they tried a war on war yet? think of all the glorious casualties!

edit on 25/5/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Unlike the younger kids i have an entire career and 13 years post 12th grade real world experience so i think its going to serve me better, but thanks i appreciate it!

Now back to gender studies and my safe place, trying to get ready for the college environment.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Can you please explain what it is that you find so horrible about Common Core? Maybe you can get your sister's friend to tell you.

Common Core isn't a curriculum, it's a set of standards. It was created and is maintained by the bipartisan National Governors Association's (NGA) Center for Best Practices and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO).

The federal government cannot even hold the whole waiver thing over states' heads anymore because NCLB (No Child Left Behind) has been replaced with Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).

"The War on our Youth Continues"

Apparently the "War on Ignorance" has already been lost!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What public schools have gender studies?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
What public schools have gender studies?

All of them!

I studied gender in High School constantly.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As did we all lol.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Now back to gender studies and my safe place, trying to get ready for the college environment.

I hope you don't get any old people for instructors. We know how you feel about "old people"

Some of us still have great memories.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Do i feel like they can't let go of the past ?

I judge on a case by case basis, however in this case...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You will only have to take gender studies if you choose to take it, most majors do not require it. And if your school is anything like mine you won't see the safe space thing outside of maybe a professors officer or counselor where you are able to go talk about things with them or go to if you have been abused.

But hey back to those buzzphrases that really don't have much to do with reality!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Good for you! That is how I did it. Paid my loan back as well. Wasn't easy, but I never claimed victim status either.
I see you trying to understand things, and asking why.

You will be a much better person for how you are approaching your education, versus these students I see belly aching about being oppressed!

If this is possible or not depends 100% on your luck of the draw with professors. Some professors can and will expect you to put 40-60 hours a week into their class of your own time, plus regular class time, plus your other classes. I have known professors that expect so much time put into their classes that they will flat out refuse to allow a person to take 2 or 3 classes with them in a semester saying that it's impossible to put enough time into them all.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

scratch that your troll post isnt even worth the response

edit on 5/25/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join