It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Months after vets fundraiser, Trump claims he gave $1 million to charity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

What lies? Hounded by the press? He could care less about the press.

He could care a less about veterans except for getting himself media coverage which is what he actually cares about the most.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
What lies? Hounded by the press?

For effs sake...he has a complete teen-age girl melt-down everytime anyone in the press says anything about him...He either freaks out and feels the desperate need to defend his tiny hands or other body parts on national television...or he sues the press. He is a man-child obsessed with attention.

That is a non-political and pro-reality statement.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: atomish

But in my strong opinion ...a Presidential Candidate BSing about giving to veterans for pandering purposes is beyond disqualifying.

I agree. Let's disqualify anyone who has ever used Veterans in some disgusting way to pander to a portion of the electorate.

Lets do exactly that! Hold candidates accountable for the lies they tell.

Strangely, you seem to be suggesting the exact opposite? Your neighbor cheats on their taxes so you decide it's A-OK to walk into a bank with an AK-47 and rob the place.

There is pandering to vets...and there is attempted fraud.

None of it should be tolerated...and the solution is not to decide the worst of it is now acceptable.

I have never seen anything comparable to the level of deceit, lies and greed Trump has proudly displayed and his supporters have defended.

Strangely, we are in agreement and you are suggesting that I am suggesting something I'm not. Frankly, your attitude sucks.

But then again, the attitude of most Democrats and Republicans these days suck. You're right to be disgusted by Trump but while we're putting words in one another's mouths, your defensive posture suggests to me you probably just support some other deceitful, greedy liar instead, considering your inane statement concerning comparable levels of deceit.

My position in this thread is fairly clear. Your snark in response is unwarranted. You can rail against the monster Trump is all you want but it seems like you're getting mad at me because I'm perhaps suggesting your monster of choice is just as pathetic.

Wake up, stop trying to make enemies where you could make allies. None of this crap from these politicians is acceptable, not the worst of it, not even the least of it. So where do you get off acting like I'm suggesting something that goes against the very premise of this thread? Ridiculous...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Is this what the left is coming to?

Essentially, crying because they weren't given enough? Give us more, give us more!

Trump raised millions for the vets while the other GOP candidates and now Hillary are instead, wasting tens of millions on negative ads. That money couldn't be better spent?

This also ignores the basic premise of "pledging". Obviously some people pledged but didn't cough up the money they pledged. It happens. Trump still raised 4-4.5M and instead of a thank you he gets "we want more!".

Meanwhile, all the left and Obama have done is cut veteran funding for years.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Is this what the left is coming to?

By "left" you mean the WSJ? Redstate? Weekly Standard?...and Vets?

All asking WTF happened to the money he said he personally gave and raised?

Essentially, crying because they weren't given enough? Give us more, give us more!

He lied about what he raised and he lied about personally donating money...to voters and to vets...and did so to get Vets to vote for him.

It is not a "more" discussion...it is a "WTF" discussion..A new level of corrupt.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

But in my strong opinion ...a Presidential Candidate BSing about giving to veterans for pandering purposes is beyond disqualifying.

I agree. Let's disqualify anyone who has ever used Veterans in some disgusting way to pander to a portion of the electorate.

Lets do exactly that! Hold candidates accountable for the lies they tell.

Strangely, you seem to be suggesting the exact opposite? Your neighbor cheats on their taxes so you decide it's A-OK to walk into a bank with an AK-47 and rob the place.

There is pandering to vets...and there is attempted fraud.

None of it should be tolerated...and the solution is not to decide the worst of it is now acceptable.

I have never seen anything comparable to the level of deceit, lies and greed Trump has proudly displayed and his supporters have defended.

Strangely, we are in agreement and you are suggesting that I am suggesting something I'm not.

Apologies...I confused your post with an "everyone does it" post. I have grown exhausted with the ubiquitous logical fallacy employed these days by Trump defenders..

Since they see Hillary as dishonest, then Trump is justified in lying to Vets and the public or any other lie.

Description of Appeal to Common Practice

The Appeal to Common Practice is a fallacy with the following structure:

1.X is a common action.
2.Therefore X is correct/moral/justified/reasonable, etc.

The basic idea behind the fallacy is that the fact that most people do X is used as "evidence" to support the action or practice. It is a fallacy because the mere fact that most people do something does not make it correct, moral, justified, or reasonable.

Put another way...This is not an OP about Hillary's email scandal nor any other politician...and Hillary's email scandal does not excuse Trump lying to veterans about donating.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well LAST NIGHT he called up a veterans charity and "pledged" 1 Million dollars...

No doubt, Trump Supporters care little about his perpetual stream of lies and scamming...

S+F Good Topic.

I am a Trump supporter, however I have never heard of an honest politician, never, they all lie every single one of them, it's called being human.

You and me and all of us are no exception, we all lie from time to time for whatever reason.

I thought all that money was suppose to go to the Veterans charities. Who got the rest of it?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Get hump yourself bud...he saved the Vets Day parade in NYC and he has done a lot for vets. He just does not talk about it because he has class. No need to bring these things up. Instead, he fights back against those who attack him. Not offense. Defensive. Calculated.

He is not a media whore...he is just using them and oh well, if the others could they will. Like Bern finally hitting FoxNews...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

He freaks out or he simply stand up for himself. I think you are so used to the current pc answer to anything that for some reason people relate wanting change to whining.

All I hear from all of you small hand, no savings account, living at home with your mama, respect my authorita' is hate...and jealousy.

If any of you had his money and his life you would not be on ATSNN.....

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
These are all of the Vets Organizations who have received money so far...

assets.donaldjtrump.com...

American Hero Adventures in Eugene, OR

Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Charitable Service Trust in Cold Spring, KY

Fisher House Foundation in Rockville, MD

Folds of Honor in Owasso, Oklahoma

Homes for our Troops in Taunton, MA

America's Warriors in El Reno, OK

Hope for the Warriors in Annandale, VA

K9 for Warriors in Ponte Vedra, FL

Liberty House in Manchester, NH

Mulberry Street Veterans Shelter in Des Moines, IA

Seal Foundation in Virginia Beach, VA

Operation Homefront in Quincy, MA

Partners for Patriots in Liberty, TN

Projects for Patriots in Sioux City, IA

Puppy Jake in Des Moines, IA

Racing for Heroes in Mill Hall, PA

Support Siouxland Soldiers in Sioux City, IA

Task Force Dagger Foundation in McKinney, TX

The Green Beret Foundation in San Antonio, TX

Veterans Airlift Command in St. Louis Park, MN

Warriors for Freedom in Stillwater, OK

22Kill in Dallas, TX

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yes...Those are the 22 he listed he gave money to.

The WSJ and Wapo and others called those places up and asked if they got the money and how much...

Only 19 of the 22 on Trumps brag list received funds...and the total was 3 Million at most while Trump claimed he raised 6 Million.

When confronted, Trump's campaign manager said it was more like 4.5 Million they raised..

Given the Donate Button for the charity went straight to the Trump Foundation...it's fair to ask how much was actually raised for vets...trump has said "I don't have to show you that!"

Where is the rest of the money? That the PUBLIC gave for Vets?

He's not telling...

edit on 25-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

No, you just don't know how "pledging" works and now you're throwing a tantrum because you didn't get enough.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is not Bernie Sanders...he does not need funding to employee his family. To think that he has not 'given enough' is a joke when it is still there. Money is still there. Go to your local VFW and see if they can get some cash.

Hitting an guy because he has not given it all away yet after a few months...only 19 got funds....blowhards..

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Strangely, we are in agreement and you are suggesting that I am suggesting something I'm not.

Apologies...I confused your post with an "everyone does it" post. I have grown exhausted with the ubiquitous logical fallacy employed these days by Trump defenders..

Understood! Apology accepted and likewise, i apologize for myself having responded in kind. I was bristling at something else earlier and my knee jerked when I read your post.

Since they see Hillary as dishonest, then Trump is justified in lying to Vets and the public or any other lie.

Put another way...This is not an OP about Hillary's email scandal nor any other politician...and Hillary's email scandal does not excuse Trump lying to veterans about donating.

Yes, we are solidly in agreement then. The tit-for-tat, "well, what about him?" mentality gets us nowhere. Once we can all come together and admit the whole lot is garbage, maybe then we can actually unify and make some REAL change!

I was holding my breath until I decided I'd rather not suffocate.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
These are all of the Vets Organizations who have received money so far...

assets.donaldjtrump.com...

All 19 groups that confirmed receiving money from the Trump event got checks in the mail. Sixteen charities saw donations arrive in late February in increments of $50,000 or $100,000. The other three reported smaller donations in March, with those amounts averaging between $5,000 and $15,000.

Keith David of the Task Force Dagger Foundation told the Journal that he was confused about whether a $50,000 check from Trump associate Stewart Rahr's foundation was tied to the Iowa event. He said he had been informed by a Trump representative that it was.

"It’s a little weird," David said. "It looks like it’s from a totally separate organization."

www.foxnews.com...

There is a lot of BS going on here... So a Trump Associate writes a check from his own foundation and Trump credits it as part of the distributions from his charity?

This is the problem with that..From Hotair...the precise opposite of liberal source
Trump’s new pro-veterans website directs all donations to his personal foundation
hotair.com...

So how much did Trump collect from the general public vs. wealthy buddies?
According to his website...1.6M from general public clicking the donate button on his site.
www.donaldtrumpforvets.com...

The problem here is that the numbers do not add up, no one knows how much was even pledged, donated, distributed and he has completely refused to show anyone the books..and the donations did not go to a dedicated charity fund, but rather his "foundation".

Considering this is a man who will have to miss part of the GOP convention to testify in a class action Fraud Lawsuit being brought against him by former Trump University students (people who obviously used to think he was the real deal)..It's fair to ask for an accounting of what he did with other people's money that was given for Vets...and he has literally responded with "I don't have to show you that!".

The math does not add up at all..

That is

edit on 26-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So, they released the list. 5.6 million

www.cbsnews.com...

Guess no one will be back here to apologize, right?

"With representatives from various veterans organizations and supporters standing behind him, Trump listed the names of groups that have received money from a fundraiser he held at the end of January in lieu of attending a Fox News debate. The amount totaled out to $5.6 million dollars -- not the $6 million in contributions he had originally claimed.

Trump's clarification was laced with contempt for the media coverage that had prompted Tuesday's event, telling reporters that he had "never received such bad publicity for doing such a good job." I will say that the press should be ashamed of themselves, and on behalf of the vets the press should be ashamed of themselves," Trump said. "They are calling me and they are furious because I sent people checks of a lot of money, and we're going to give you the names right now which is what you want, and instead of being like thank you very much, Mr. Trump, or Trump did a good job, everyone is saying who got it, who got it, who got it, and you make me look very bad." The Republican nominee continued to defend himself by saying that he wanted to keep the donations "private" and described the lengthy process by which he donated the money: a vetting of every group who received money followed by a certified check

and all the media can do is say it was only 5.6 and not 6.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join