It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke 19:27 Jesus: 'But those mine enemies...slay them before me.'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Parazurvan

When I was 19 year's of age I had been invited by some friend's to go on a weekend in Wales (Britain) in the Snowdonia national park, now I had a terrible presentment from the moment we got there and knew with a level of certainty that I was going to die but being young and foolhardy I put it to the back of my mind and never mentioned it to my friend's, we stayed in a converted sheep shed which the farmer had placed some bunk's and a kettle for making brew's and basic cooking facility's and being only four of us there were about 12 double bunk's so we each got one to ourselves, now I chose the one nearest the window and there was a indecipherable painting on the wall.

The weather was fine when we arrived but by mid day it had taken a turn for the worse, the field outside also rented to campers by the farmer was filled with tent's but we had the better deal with the solid structure, the following morning after a night of heavy wind and driving rain we awoke to the deserted camp site, two tents had been abandoned after collapsing and the site was saturated, it rained all three day's we were there.

We put off our ascent of Snowdon as the weather was bad and instead walked around the general area exploring, all well and good but that sense of forboding just kept getting stronger.

On the second and last night (Three day's - two night's) we decided in the shed that we were going up no matter how bad the weather was and that night I made my peace with God (have you ever done that), I asked him to forgive me for not being perfect and explained that I was afraid but if it was his will then I accepted it but to please look after my family and friend's, I was about to continue when an incredibe sense of something vast, all encompassing and definitely real seemed to envelope me, it was a feeling of an infinite presence for lack of a better description, there was no sound but a very definite male voice spoke and said "Do not be afraid my son this is neither the time nor the place", now I felt embarrassed and also scared so inwardly cringed as I lay there knowing how imperfect, stupid and weak I am and how flawed I was even then but I knew I was going to be fine and slept peacefully.

The following day we walked up the cog railway line about halfway way up (there is a tourist train that takes passengers up the second highest mountain in the british isles", and then we took a sheep path off to the left which led us to a cliff, it was lightly raining and there was low cloud so our visiblity was very low at maybe 20 feet at most and we were ill equiped in running shoes and the wrong type of clothing, first up was my oldest friend and then I took my turn, rain was running into my eye's and I could not see but groped for what I thought was a stone, it was not it was a clump of moss that came away, I had forgotten the three point's rule of climbing and when this moss came away I fell off the cliff down to the narrow ledge below were I landed falling backward, the other two lad's must have had incredible reflex though as each cought my wrist at the same time, being idiotic kid's we climbed it anyway and walked up the steel scree covered slope to the cafe (visitors centre) on top were the three welsh speaking people inside spoke to one another in welsh and looked at the four drowned young men as we entered for a hot coffee with obvious look's of disbelief on there face's.

When we got back down to the hut it was as if my eye's were suddenly opened, that idecipherable image which Neither I nor the other's could see just jumped out at me, it was a shepherd in driving rain, grey painting against grey stone, he had a lamb over one shoulder, his other hand holding a crook and another lamb only it's face visible poking out of the fold's of his grey robe's, his hood was up and only his bearded chin was clearly visible, it was non other than a painting of the good shepherd.

Now I have had other experiences and can tell you that spirit's and demon's are not like that being that spoke, there voices are like your or my own, they are tiny and not divine.

So you may regard me as Bigoted but I am afraid it is actually your point of view that is in error and I most certainly Assure you that Christ is REAL as for Muhammad he was a child molesting, woman hating murderer, thief and worst of all a false prophet that has led million's to there doom with his lie's, that is not biggoted it is simply factual.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: peskyhumans

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Profusion

I don't like people cherry picking scripture.

Not the Quran, the Bible, the Torah, or the myriad of other Holy Books.

It's divisive. & context is lost.

You don't have to cherry pick when it comes to the koran. It has over 100 verses in it that call for violence against infidels.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Everyone of them in self defence.

Sorry you need such an anti-Islamic source to pedal your BS.

Maybe next time.

No. No they aren't. Did you read some of them?

koran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

"kill them wherever you find them" is NOT defensive warfare. That's calling upon all muslims to seek out and slay non-muslims wherever they can be found, as it literally states.

There are multiple examples of this in there. islam is not a religion of peace.

You seem to have accidentally left out the previous paragraph which describes what is allowed in times of war against those that fight them (muslums).

2:190 ... Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors.

In other words it would have been illegal for Muslims that follow the Koran to drop the nuke on Hiroshama after the Japanese had withdrawn from the theatre of war. The transgressor is one who violates law, commands and moral codes of conduct.

But I am guessing I am wasting my time writing this. All haters want to do is hate, and there is lots of rubbish on the internet sites you frequent that can keep you hating forever.
edit on 28-5-2016 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I spent many years as a Christian and I don't recall Jesus ever calling for someone's death.

Christians, I believe your religion has been changed. Drastically!

Luke 19:27

Parallel Verses
New International Version
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

New Living Translation
And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.'"

English Standard Version
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Berean Study Bible
And these enemies of mine who were unwilling for me to rule over them, bring them here and slay them in front of me.'"

Berean Literal Bible
Furthermore, these enemies of mine, those not having been willing for me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.'"

New American Standard Bible
"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

King James Bible
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But bring here these enemies of mine, who did not want me to rule over them, and slaughter them in my presence.'"

International Standard Version
But as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king—bring them here and slaughter them in my presence!'"

NET Bible
But as for these enemies of mine who did not want me to be their king, bring them here and slaughter them in front of me!'"

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“However, those my enemies, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them and kill them in front of me.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Bring my enemies, who didn't want me to be their king. Kill them in front of me.'"

New American Standard 1977
“But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
Moreover, those enemies of mine, who were unwilling that I should reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.

King James 2000 Bible
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.

American King James Version
But those my enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.

American Standard Version
But these mine enemies, that would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But as for those my enemies, who would not have me reign over them, bring them hither, and kill them before me.

Darby Bible Translation
Moreover those mine enemies, who would not [have] me to reign over them, bring them here and slay [them] before me.

English Revised Version
Howbeit these mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Webster's Bible Translation
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Weymouth New Testament
But as for those enemies of mine who were unwilling that I should become their king, bring them here, and cut them to pieces in my presence.'"

World English Bible
But bring those enemies of mine who didn't want me to reign over them here, and kill them before me.'"

Young's Literal Translation
but those my enemies, who did not wish me to reign over them, bring hither and slay before me.'
Luke 19:27

Jesus Christ did not say "ian"
Others said Christ.
What "ian" or "ist" is, is not of Jesus Christ.

Love your enemy as yourself, is bringing them before Jesus Christ as you bring yourself. Slaying them before Him is referring to saying/invoking His name to protect those who believe in Him from harmful entities possessing humans or entities roaming around disembodied.

The kingdom is within means an untainted scripture that is not versed, because it comes from the heart, spoken from the flesh, a person, which comes with the Holy Spirit and fire as vocabulary and emotional human love and hate divide with "cherry picking" alphabetically arranged words. There is nothing to cherry pick when the Holy Spirit is present and those who speak in genuine tongues are separated from the alphabet of every known language. And this leaves many hearers uncomfortable because there is no tangible word attached to any language's dictionary of sounds spoken in addition to one word that may be decipherable to an unbelieving hearer, not being the meaning.
Because the hand's lie in writting and known languages lash out cunningly and wickedly, when a believer utters sound under the presence of the Holy Spirit those who believe understand it. It is "powerful feeling presence" of interpreting, from the kingdom within that dwells in true believers not of isms or ians but of God and Jesus Christ at Father God Force's right.

edit on 28-5-2016 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
nm
edit on MaySunday1615CDT11America/Chicago-050037 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

This post is utter laziness and you have failed.

As I made you fully aware in your other thread, this is a parable. A fictional king is the one making the statement.

However, according to the bible, Jesus is going to kill every wicked person on earth when he returns, so I am not sure why you don't think Jesus is going to kill anybody.

This isn't so much an ME effect, it is just another example of someone lacking knowledge of a subject and thinking their wrong view was right the whole time.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Parazurvan

When I was 19 year's of age I had been invited by some friend's to go on a weekend in Wales (Britain) in the Snowdonia national park, now I had a terrible presentment from the moment we got there and knew with a level of certainty that I was going to die but being young and foolhardy I put it to the back of my mind and never mentioned it to my friend's, we stayed in a converted sheep shed which the farmer had placed some bunk's and a kettle for making brew's and basic cooking facility's and being only four of us there were about 12 double bunk's so we each got one to ourselves, now I chose the one nearest the window and there was a indecipherable painting on the wall.

The weather was fine when we arrived but by mid day it had taken a turn for the worse, the field outside also rented to campers by the farmer was filled with tent's but we had the better deal with the solid structure, the following morning after a night of heavy wind and driving rain we awoke to the deserted camp site, two tents had been abandoned after collapsing and the site was saturated, it rained all three day's we were there.

We put off our ascent of Snowdon as the weather was bad and instead walked around the general area exploring, all well and good but that sense of forboding just kept getting stronger.

On the second and last night (Three day's - two night's) we decided in the shed that we were going up no matter how bad the weather was and that night I made my peace with God (have you ever done that), I asked him to forgive me for not being perfect and explained that I was afraid but if it was his will then I accepted it but to please look after my family and friend's, I was about to continue when an incredibe sense of something vast, all encompassing and definitely real seemed to envelope me, it was a feeling of an infinite presence for lack of a better description, there was no sound but a very definite male voice spoke and said "Do not be afraid my son this is neither the time nor the place", now I felt embarrassed and also scared so inwardly cringed as I lay there knowing how imperfect, stupid and weak I am and how flawed I was even then but I knew I was going to be fine and slept peacefully.

The following day we walked up the cog railway line about halfway way up (there is a tourist train that takes passengers up the second highest mountain in the british isles", and then we took a sheep path off to the left which led us to a cliff, it was lightly raining and there was low cloud so our visiblity was very low at maybe 20 feet at most and we were ill equiped in running shoes and the wrong type of clothing, first up was my oldest friend and then I took my turn, rain was running into my eye's and I could not see but groped for what I thought was a stone, it was not it was a clump of moss that came away, I had forgotten the three point's rule of climbing and when this moss came away I fell off the cliff down to the narrow ledge below were I landed falling backward, the other two lad's must have had incredible reflex though as each cought my wrist at the same time, being idiotic kid's we climbed it anyway and walked up the steel scree covered slope to the cafe (visitors centre) on top were the three welsh speaking people inside spoke to one another in welsh and looked at the four drowned young men as we entered for a hot coffee with obvious look's of disbelief on there face's.

When we got back down to the hut it was as if my eye's were suddenly opened, that idecipherable image which Neither I nor the other's could see just jumped out at me, it was a shepherd in driving rain, grey painting against grey stone, he had a lamb over one shoulder, his other hand holding a crook and another lamb only it's face visible poking out of the fold's of his grey robe's, his hood was up and only his bearded chin was clearly visible, it was non other than a painting of the good shepherd.

Now I have had other experiences and can tell you that spirit's and demon's are not like that being that spoke, there voices are like your or my own, they are tiny and not divine.

So you may regard me as Bigoted but I am afraid it is actually your point of view that is in error and I most certainly Assure you that Christ is REAL as for Muhammad he was a child molesting, woman hating murderer, thief and worst of all a false prophet that has led million's to there doom with his lie's, that is not biggoted it is simply factual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join