It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning To Christians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Praetorian guard saved the day a few times,yes a strong system can survive fools and tyrants,but traitors and treason not so much.

The Roman Empire survived 8+ different revolts and rebellions. You don't consider rebels to be traitors and treasonous?

maybe.

or maybe they are patriots, liberating their nation from treasonous traitors.

I gotta give you that one. History is all about perspective. So let me rephrase that, wouldn't the Roman Empire consider those rebels to be traitors and treasonous?

they sure would.

tbh, i see the whiskey rebels as patriots of the highest order. but i am a pretty staunch antifederalist, and think that washington went way overboard in his response.

i take a fairly passive view on rebellion and insurrection in general.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The problem up till now was you wouldn't acknowledge any problem,now that you have at least admitted there might be some problems Ill move on.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Since the crucifixion we are living by grace not by the law.
In my opinion,I have always felt that christians all had the same basic theologies and
ideologies.
1.Yeshua/Jesus is the only way to God.
2.Yeshua/Jesus took all of our sins to the cross.We are to repent of our sins and ask for forgiveness.
3.Salvation depends on the belief that Yeshua/Jesus was crucified,buried and rose from the dead.

In my KJV Bible,new testament,are several verses pertaining to sins and to those who will not go
to heaven because of them.I can't go against the word of God.Most people mistaken those who
will never accept lifestyles that are considered abominations as being normal.We are labeled as
hate-filled bigots.I don't feel any hate in my heart but I will never accept that lifestyle choice
as being "normal" either.So,nothing more to say.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have mixed thoughts about the Whiskey Rebellion myself. It's tough to side with people who decided to revolt against a brand new government. A government that would go on to be a beacon of freedom an liberty for the next 200+ years (of course you can't blame them on that part, they wouldn't know the future). I also don't agree with why they rebelled. Rebelling because your whiskey is getting taxed is a sorry excuse to rebel.

But then again Washington deployed troops against those rebels which is a big no-no.

I think I should study that chapter of our history a bit more and brush up on it...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum
Is that how you've framed the argument in your head? Lol that has nothing to do with whether the US has declined as a nation or not. Even the country during its heyday (the 1950's - 1960's) had problems. So your train of thought is rather off the rails at the moment.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Good lord, he lives in Baltimore if i recall correctly.

You don't get to have a name like "Mobtown" and not have some issues.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join