It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning To Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The times they are indeed changing and not always for the best.I came across an article that if the bill mentioned
is passed,in Canada,could start a chain reaction.www.thecommonsenseshow.com...

With our secular society getting more vocal against christianity we are now seeing the writing on the wall.Staying strong in your
faith and holding on to Biblical beliefs could soon land us into prisons.Would definitely put some of us into worshiping in secret.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That will never happen..

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I don't understand how this would even be plausible based on religious freedom laws and non-discrimination laws

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So a bill that protects Christians from hate speech is now discriminatory against Christians?

The spin on the article is designed to leave the reader dizzy...

Unless you have a brain cell or two and you read the entire bill.

Edit: not to mention this would never wash in the US with the 1st Amendment.

edit on 25-5-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Noted.

Edit 2: wouldn't wash here in the UK either.

Only incitement to violence is unprotected here.

Hate speech, get your rocks off.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I did read the article and most christians will never accept homosexuality
or this transgender stuff as being normal.They will speak against them
and could end up in prison for their speech.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Please show me where christians would be protected against hate speech?

No,hate speech does not get my "rocks" off.
edit on 25-5-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I don't understand how this would even be plausible based on religious freedom laws and non-discrimination laws

If they can twist gay marriage into being an expression of religious freedom, when marriage is a Christian sacrament and homosexuality is clearly defined as an abomination in the Holy Bible and a sin worthy of stoning, then there is no doubt in my mind that a similar law to the one in the OP could be passed in the United States.

In the minds of liberals, they see gay marriage as some kind of gender equality. The fact that it's discrimination against Christians and is clearly unconstitutional, is inconceivable to them. Civil unions weren't enough for them. Equal rights under law wasn't enough for them. They need their sinful way of life forcefully accepted by all faiths, even Christianity. Their minds are different than ours.

They need to keep pushing the next most radical sin as the newly accepted thing. They can't stop doing that - it's part of their nature. Which is why after they obtain "victory" for transgenderism, they will move on to pedophilia, bestiality, and holocaust denial as their new causes. Eventually they will move on to openly attacking Christianity and Christians. Their belief system is directly opposed by the morals written down in the Bible. It is only a matter of time.

(If you don't believe me about holocaust denial: they've already accepted abortion, which is a genocide that has caused tens of millions of murders in the USA alone. They are also actively anti-zionist and are pushing for palestinian independence, where the "palestinians" who are just arab squatters on Israeli land who openly call for the destruction of Israel and all Jews. It will happen.)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Please show me where christians would be protected against hate speech?

No,hate speech does not get my "rocks" off.

For all purposes of this Act, the prohibited grounds of discrimination are race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.

You don't have to accept homosexuality or transgenderism.
You're in Ohio and this will never ever affect you because of the 1st amendment.

Sucks to be Canadian I agree, but what can we do about it.

Edit: I never said it gets your rocks off personally, I was speaking in generic terms about UK Law.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

originally posted by: FamCore

If they can twist gay marriage into being an expression of religious freedom, when marriage is a Christian sacrament and homosexuality is clearly defined as an abomination in the Holy Bible and a sin worthy of stoning, then there is no doubt in my mind that a similar law to the one in the OP could be passed in the United States.

In the minds of liberals, they see gay marriage as some kind of gender equality. The fact that it's discrimination against Christians and is clearly unconstitutional, is inconceivable to them. Civil unions weren't enough for them. Equal rights under law wasn't enough for them. They need their sinful way of life forcefully accepted by all faiths, even Christianity. Their minds are different than ours.

They need to keep pushing the next most radical sin as the newly accepted thing. They can't stop doing that - it's part of their nature. Which is why after they obtain "victory" for transgenderism, they will move on to pedophilia, bestiality, and holocaust denial as their new causes. Eventually they will move on to openly attacking Christianity and Christians. Their belief system is directly opposed by the morals written down in the Bible. It is only a matter of time.

(If you don't believe me about holocaust denial: they've already accepted abortion, which is a genocide that has caused tens of millions of murders in the USA alone. They are also actively anti-zionist and are pushing for palestinian independence, where the "palestinians" who are just arab squatters on Israeli land who openly call for the destruction of Israel and all Jews. It will happen.)

a sin worthy of stoning

And you agree with that???

Just asking.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The hate speech laws are dubious here in Canada. If words are perceived to give rise to enmity or hatred, one could be charged for hate speech. How they determine whether it gives rise to hatred, or by what measure, is absolutely unclear, as anything could be perceived by the overly-sensitive to represent and circulate hatred.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Is your drive to discriminate against others really that important to your religious beliefs? This protects transgender people the same as it protects you and I. WE'RE ALL TREATED THE SAME. Personally speaking, considering how some parties refuse to respect the rights of others, I think this is a positive step in the right direction.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Your link's connection to establishing a Christian persecution complex is tenuous at best.

For all purposes of this Act, the prohibited grounds of discrimination are race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.

This law protects Christians too. So basically you are whining that you aren't allowed to be persecuted by law but you should be able to persecute others and be free from legal action.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Per usual and I think we found the Canadians Glenn Beck.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
If they can twist gay marriage into being an expression of religious freedom, when marriage is a Christian sacrament and homosexuality is clearly defined as an abomination in the Holy Bible and a sin worthy of stoning

Lol. It's dogma like that this is making your religion lose favor in the secular world. Protecting freedom of religion is upholding the idea that a religion should be able to murder someone else with rocks because they did something that religion didn't approve of? Talk about selfish.

PS: The bible more thoroughly condemns adultery than it does homosexuality. Yet Christians never seem to be up-in-arms about the ridiculous adultery statistics. I'm guessing that has more to do with them having to hold their own actions accountable versus being able to demonize someone who has nothing to do with them or their lives.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The link you give seems to protect all 'protected groups', including Christians. If you don't want anything bad said about Christians, don't say bad things about others. As in Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

I am sorry but I can't seem to wrap my head around this "protected" ideology
that I keep hearing about.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

when marriage is a Christian sacrament and homosexuality is clearly defined as an abomination in the Holy Bible and a sin worthy of stoning, then there is no doubt in my mind that a similar law to the one in the OP could be passed in the United States.

Marriage doesn't belong to the Christians marriage today is a legal agreement between two people. There has been laws against discrimination in America for decades. I'm surprised it took Canada this long to get laws like this.

In the minds of liberals, they see gay marriage as some kind of gender equality.

That's because it is. As long as two people are consenting adults what business is it of other people whether they get married or not?

They need their sinful way of life forcefully accepted by all faiths, even Christianity.

Were you forced into a gay marriage? If not then nothing is being forced onto you or any other Christian.

Which is why after they obtain "victory" for transgenderism, they will move on to pedophilia, bestiality, and holocaust denial as their new causes.

The same old whine next will be the kids and animals. If Christians are so worried about kids then why don't they prosecute all the child molesters they call priests?

Their belief system is directly opposed by the morals written down in the Bible.

I love the pick and choose Christians. If you are going to claim being part of a religion then why aren't you really following it? How many people have you killed for working on Sunday? You of course happily pay all your taxes because your religion says you are supposed to pay them. Just how moral are a bunch of people that claim to follow a religion but they really aren't doing what it says they are supposed to do. But it is nice to see one Christian that isn't saying our law system is based on the bible.

They are also actively anti-zionist and are pushing for palestinian independence, where the "palestinians" who are just arab squatters on Israeli land who openly call for the destruction of Israel and all Jews.

Squatters who have been there longer than the Europeans who claim that as their homeland.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The times they are indeed changing and not always for the best.I came across an article that if the bill mentioned
is passed,in Canada,could start a chain reaction.www.thecommonsenseshow.com...

With our secular society getting more vocal against christianity we are now seeing the writing on the wall.Staying strong in your
faith and holding on to Biblical beliefs could soon land us into prisons.Would definitely put some of us into worshiping in secret.

Its coming and you know it but I don't fear it.

Soon the times of the Gentile will come to an end and our heads will be on poles as the Muslims takes over the world with their 4 wives and 25 children per family.

Come visit me in a city in Germany with over 600 thousand residents and walk down the street with a crucifix hanging around your neck and watch what happens.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

I am sorry but I can't seem to wrap my head around this "protected" ideology
that I keep hearing about.

It's actually really simple and true throughout the West. Protected isn't an ideology but in this context, a legislative term that means equal to a white male Christian.
edit on 5/25/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I am not fearful either and I am just trying to let other christians know
what is happening.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join