It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would your country do if....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Well France doesn't allow you to desecrate other country flags, but their flag is fair game.

A July 2010 law makes it a crime to desecrate the French national flag in a public place, but also to distribute images of a flag desecration, even when done in a private setting.

Sorry, I misread, yes, their flag is fair game. But that is what we were talking about.

edit on 25-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Actually I think OP is upset about the waving of Mexican flags.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Which American was it who said "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"? so 'to burn, or not to burn' that is the question, whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the house bricks and baseball bats of outrageous rioting, or keep quite and let them get on with it?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
As to a Mexican mob attacking Police outside a Trump rally, well that just not called for, but lets face it it might never have happened should the xenophobic racist moronic fool not decided to call them drug dealers and rapists.

Ah, so name-calling is appropriate grounds for breaking the law and violence against people who have nothing to do with the name-caller.

Might I propose this comment in rebuttal: A Mexican mob attacking Police outside a Trump rally is just not called for, but let's face it...it might never have happened if the criminal fools attacking police acted like civilized human beings.

Seriously, if a group of people are angry at someone for stating that they are criminals, and then they resort to criminal activity in order to "protest" this individual, does that make ANY sense?

I'm absolutely no Trump supporter--I don't support either of the two main political parties--but implying that hurtful words are suitable grounds violence is just plain silly.

As for the topic in the OP, I'll withhold my comment because I'm from the U.S. But I do think that every country should have such free-speech protections in their constitution. Like others have said, as long as it remains peaceful, so be it...but those protesting need to remember that freedom of speech is not the same as protection against opposing free speech.
edit on 25-5-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Actually I think OP is upset about the waving of Mexican flags.

Oh, well. Guess he needs to suck it up.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: jjkenobi

If you are peaceably protesting you can waive whatever the hell flag you want. As soon as you turn violent you should be arrested and charged.

The problem with foreign flag waving during the electoral process is bull crap.

IT means people that view themselves as foreigners are trying to determine another countries election.

They might be free to do that.

But no one is going to listen to them, and WILL look down on it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If they are citizens they get to vote and therefore the right to self-determination.

If they are not citizens what are you worried about?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

1) Flags of all kinds are free speech, so is burning them. Protest itself is free speech.

Except when it comes to the rebel flag then those get banned.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If they are citizens they get to vote and therefore the right to self-determination.

If they are not citizens what are you worried about?

One would be hard pressed to prove they are 'citizens'.

They don't view themselves as American citizens hence the flag waving from Mexico.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kali74

1) Flags of all kinds are free speech, so is burning them. Protest itself is free speech.

Except when it comes to the rebel flag then those get banned.

Name one city, state, or country where it is illegal to own a rebel flag.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Usurp the governments and replace them with puppets, like we did in South America,as ordered by a higher power.
I know, I'm not happy either...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

They don't view themselves as American citizens hence the flag waving from Mexico.

So when I see some asswipe marching around with a Nazi flag that means he thinks he is a citizen of the Third Reich?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

A Complete List of Every Place That Wants to Ban the Confederate Flag

My how quickly they forget.

Even after the hundreds of threads on here about it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So when I see some asswipe marching around with a Nazi flag that means he thinks he is a citizen of the Third Reich?

Pretty much.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well this is hilarious.

Wave an American flag it's jingoism.

Wave a Mexican flag and people make excuses for it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

We KNOW, we just don't CARE, we will do as we please and eventually they'll get over it or get arrested for going too far.
THIS sort of thing is why the Japanese battle flag got so popular in the 8os...well the design is cool and we MOSTLY love Japan...but remember the "Surfers cross" in earlier life?
Screw the Progs, they can't us take any anyway.
edit on 25-5-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Nice try, but not really.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

A Complete List of Every Place That Wants to Ban the Confederate Flag

My how quickly they forget.

Even after the hundreds of threads on here about it.

I asked you to name governments where the flag is currently illegal. Not places that "want to ban" it. Classic neo goal post pushback...
edit on 25-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is one of the perks of actual freedom and liberty. People can protest here and wave whatever flags they want.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

And your were provided with a list.

California Governor Jerry Brown signed legislation last year prohibiting state agencies from selling or displaying items bearing the flag. (August 21, 2014)

That is a government. The California state government,

There's more GOVERNMENT.

twitter.com...

I see you didn't bother reading it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join