It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick to the Bone from the Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi ,

About 2 months ago I started to investigate the Mandela effect.
As a result I became 'sick to the bone'.
I don't know what it is but it can be very dangerous to go down that rabbithole.

Here is my story...

To be honest investigating the Mandala Effect started out as a bad joke.
Before that was already a strong believer in the 'Simulated reality' Theory.
Most ME examples/events don't mean a bloody thing to me because I'm a European.
Well the name of those cute little bears , hmmm I couldn't care less..
So a month ago I started to 'investigate' ME by watching as many YT movies as possible.
I assumed that I was more or less imume because I didn't know most of the ME Events.
But It all changed when I myself was affected by the effect...
Lets for argument sake call it 'misremembering' because I don't like it when 2 cents Debunkers going at hominem at me ok ?

C3po silverleg

My own personal 'misremembering' is C3PO (starwars) and his famous silverleg. Well we all remember him/it having the silverleg isn't it ? Well I DONT REMEMBER THIS. Which was kinda weird because I had as child (8) an action figure and posters on my room and I made my father drive 800 kilometers to see him in person (was somewhere in Keulen). To make a long story short I found several other ME events. Is it simple misremembering ? Is that even possible ?

After that I decided to watch all the ME video's that I could find on the internet. The result was that I found several other occurences that applied to me. But I must admit at the moment people are starting to make things up just to get clicks... boeh!!

Furthermore ,

I found that people are remembering Events exactly like they are translated from and to English and not the English. btw. in Russia it's Sex In the City , and in German/french it's Interview with A Vampire and Mirror Mirror ?! So even professional translators do misremember/misinterpet ?

BerenPain...

So after a week or so I became sick. I mean physically and mental sick. It felt more or less like I (or my soul) was rejecting reality. I didn't sleep well nor did I eat much. Moreover I started to show signs of psychosis.
If one rejects reality (whatever that may be) this eventually results in Psychosis. The Mandela Effect can be very dangerous indeed. After week 2 my girlfriend decided to hit some sense into me (literally). After that I came to my senses....

Working theory.

I decided that the problem was not the ME effect or misremembering (whatever). But the fact that I didn't had a working theory and the real reason for my Berenpain was that my brain I couldn't decide whether reality has changed or my memory was bad. so I decided...

One misremembers the 42th decimal of pi not the first !!

I decided that my memory was good but not perfect and the past is changeable. Reality is changeable and causal relations are not fundamental context is. Context can be changed and is simulated. This was based on the fact that some of the events were as obvious as misremembering the first decimal of pi.

Ballpark with megaminds.

In a way I was back at my own ballpark. But instead of threathing the simulated reality theorem as a fixed abstract concept it has become a real and very fluid concept. When I started to develop the concept (1986->) I was more or less alone. At that time no-one would even consider the posibility of a 'simulated reality'. However anno 2016 I'm in good company with megaminds like , Lindsay Ramsey and Gates .. Simulated reality isn't proven (yet) but it isn't fringe science no more.
But I'm not a top class scientist and I am old enough to know that science doesn't tell the public ALL there is , that's a fact ! Even with all their complicated math I do wonder were physical constants come from... and if they are really constant over a very long time ?
What if constants aren't that constant ? Than lightspeed can actually change... Still Nothing can faster than lightspeed but reaching the stars might be possible. Did Einstein ever said we never would reach the stars ? I don't think so ! (not my Idea but TNG Q's)

btw never trust people with shades

Surviver.

Back to the mandela effect. I've survived it and became wiser. For me 'Simulated reality' is a fact !
It's happening and it's happening now ! ME is just a pointer in that direction. And if you experience ME there are basically 2 things you can do

1 Accept the fact you're misremembering basic! stuff and live with it.

'you're a stupid puppy decended from a apelike creature that has to work and pay the rent.'

2 Accept the fact that reality isn't what you were told.

'I choose 2 just because in over 20 years of research of the paranormal/Ufo's/History I found too many pointers and proofs that this reality isn't all there is. But you might choose 1 why not ?'

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

you're a stupid puppy decended from a apelike creature that has to work and pay the rent.'

Why is it if you choose 1 you are this?

Why not an intelligent human being with a little common sense.
Think about it.. because an event might not be exactly as you recall it, all of our reality has been made up?
Does that not sound ridiculous to you?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

It's a fad , they come and go.
Ignore it and eventually it will go away , then the next fad will start.

Silly season has come early this year.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
i've seen this mandela thing pop up so often that i had to finally look it up.
am i missing something or does it really just boil down to "i remember something wrong"?
especially in these times where we are overloaded with information, stimuli overload is it really that strange to end up having false memories?
you can't make it a full day without being bombarded with thousands of ads, flashing images, quick scrolls through pages with images and text that are to some degree stored in your brain in what becomes a mess of information, the ads on the streets, images on a news paper, millions of twitter posts and youtube comments...in these times of information overload is it hard to believe your brain strings certain things together and creates "false memories" that are really more like "my brain put garbage together and now i see it really was garbage"?
sounds like we rather believe in parallel dimensions than accept the fact that we are turning into low attention span, useless trivia holding monkeys

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Exactly. Remember the "trumpets of doom?" The "mystery missiles?" "2012?" Kick back and relax.
edit on 25-5-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

You read the post didn't you ?

I can live with that ... No problem sorry no offence , I just find it stupid if intelligent people misremember basic stuff.

I never said reality was made up , I said it might be simulated not the same thing slight difference.. Simulated reality is theory in physics.

so read : Intelligent people that misremember basic facts of their live and professional translators that can't translate basic stuff like the title of a series and just happen to translate stuff the same way as american's that don't speak their language remember them after 10 years.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Maybe it's because you feel the pressure to "remember" things that didn't happen, because all these people saying it is the ME have somehow convinced you that they actually DID happen.

I don't remember the C3PO thing either, but so what? I am not really that bothered about a small detail in a film I last saw like 20 years ago or something.

Or maybe you should, you know, ask your girlfriend to give you another clout, just to make sure?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

translators that can't translate basic stuff like the title of a series

As an aside, translators have to choose titles (and expressions) that will be meaningful for their target audience. Some idioms don't translate well, and some words carry the wrong connotation. The 1960s British TV series "The Avengers" was called "With Charm, A Smile, And An Umbrella" in Germany because a direct translation would evoke memories of the Nazi era.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I don't remember C3PO having a silver leg....ever .

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

translators that can't translate basic stuff like the title of a series

As an aside, translators have to choose titles (and expressions) that will be meaningful for their target audience. Some idioms don't translate well, and some words carry the wrong connotation. The 1960s British TV series "The Avengers" was called "With Charm, A Smile, And An Umbrella" in Germany because a direct translation would evoke memories of the Nazi era.

My favourite badly named film is Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind in Spanish: Olvidate de mi! (Forget about me).

I mean...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

So you saying that badmemory is due to information overload ? Could be. But for me a childhood memory has changed completely... kinda wierd ? I played with the actionfigure of C3po for about 4 year it never had a silver leg (in my memory) ?
That's not a trivia.. Again I agree that most of the ME is just trivia but not all. Also you don't just believe in parallel dimensions. They either exist or not , it's like gravity ... you can't escape gravity by not believing in it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Ok... Now I understand
Sex in the city was a russian invention and interview with a vampire a German invention ?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Or maybe you should, you know, ask your girlfriend to give you another clout, just to make sure?

lol Rather not did I mention she's MMA .

Well just for me it wasn't a small detail ... As a child I had the actionfigure , the poster , met the actor and.... well you have read the post...

But , No I don't feel pressure to things that didn't happen...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Lol I do not blame you for that.

Anyway I found this page, which has some information about the leg thing.

Silver Leg thingy

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Thanks mate , about that link...

Brings up the question was the whole story of Star wars already known in 1974 ? But that's a whole different topic.

Greetings.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think if I see one more Mandela Effect thread, I will become physically ill myself.

All kidding aside, I hope you feel better.

-Alee.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Having lived through early indoctrination into Fundamentalist Christianity, and then escaping by running through the Wonderland of New Age/Alternate Religions/Magick etc. I can tell you this, although anecdotally:

Guard your reality function if it's working. If you get up every day, go to work, pay your bills, love your friends and family and pets, and don't spend any more time than any of us do in the Existential Pits of Doom ... hang on to that world-view with everything you have.

The nature of human reality (and by this, I mean the virtual map in our minds) is malleable. Screwing around with the basic definitions of "actual" "imaginary" "illusory" "mind-based" "temporal" "material" etc. creates a ... "temporary head space" in which things can seem to happen in an acausal or deeply "interconnected" way.

This "tech" can be incredibly liberating ... or profoundly imprisoning (and perhaps, both).

Best of luck. May random chance fall in your favor.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

thanks for the headsup ... but well , i've been through the same hell of interconnectedness... for some reason there is always a way out... For me at the moment the 'tech' is quite liberating (or is that because there are so many nice CT''ers

Greetings.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
...I just find it stupid if intelligent people misremember basic stuff.

That's a pretty dumb position to take. Human memory is demonstrably faulty, regardless of how intelligent an individual may be.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I don't have much to say regarding the OP, other than it was an interesting take, but the C3PO thing got me - I *knew* my action figures were "all gold", except for maybe the one with the detachable limbs, where Chewie carries him in the bag. So I had a gander at The Ebays, and sure enough, the action figures are rocking dually gold legs. As for the movies, I don't remember him always having had a silver leg whatsoever.

At least I know I'm not misremembering that prissy sonofa that stood on the shelf in my childhood bedroom next to R2 all those years! And I know exactly which box he's sleeping in right now - don't worry, he won't suffocate, he's a droid.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join