It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antibiotic Made From Component Of Breast Milk Kills Bacteria At Warp Speed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Natural Society: Transform your health naturally

"Research on natural antibiotics on the rise"

by Julie Fidler
Posted on May 22, 2016

naturalsociety.com...

. . .
How the Breast Milk Antibiotic Comes into Play [emphasis in original]
The new antibiotic, developed by scientists at the National Physical Laboratory and University College London, utilizes the protein Lactoferrin, and effectively kills some drug-resistant bacteria, viruses and fungi on contact.
The miniscule fragment, less than a nanometer in width, gives Lactoferrin its antimicrobial properties. It’s what makes breast milk so effective at protecting babies’ immunity and health.
The researchers re-engineered the fragment into a virus-like capsule capable of recognizing and targeting specific bacteria and killing them on contact, but without harming any surrounding human cells.
. . .

Sounds exciting, to me.
I thought the "Warp Speed" was just hyperbole. Evidently not quite. The stuff really works extremely fast.
Evidently they devastate the membranes of the targeted pathogens.
I hope they produce this massively ASAP.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
this doesnt suprise me really, i think from memory off the top of my head the first two weeks is the most important and the most nutrient rich.
I mean, come on people, it's made by humans we should be drinking it. think about it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

INDEED.

I'm a bit of a fanatic about breast milk . . .

I was a Cesarean 'birth.'

--due to uremic poisoning--which meant no breast feeding either.

I think it had a huge impact on my health as well as my psychology.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I nursed all my girls and they were rarely if ever sick..I know that doctors will tell you that there is no medical evidence to suggest that bf babies are 'healthier' but I do notice that my friends that use similac(other) seem to get sick quite often.

Can we just make one rule if indeed they do make this avail..that all (every single one) of those breast feeding shaming people get not one pill..or drop or however it comes..let them suffer on the old stuff. They DO NOT deserve it! lol

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm feeding my daughter breast milk from a bottle shaped like a breast as I'm reading this.

The first few days of breast feeding is the most crucial. It's called colostrum and its liquid platinum.

We also did a natural child birth. No drugs. Bradley method.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

I strongly AGREE that they do NOT deserve it.

However, I need mercy so I prefer to sow mercy that I might harvest it.

Maybe they could pay a bit extra so the poor could have it?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

CONGRATS!

I think the bonding that occurs through breast feeding may be about as important as the milk involved.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

CONGRATS!

I think the bonding that occurs through breast feeding may be about as important as the milk involved.

And the hospital we delivered at promotes immediate skin to skin. More and more hospitals need to adopt the baby friendly method of birthing.

And I'm a huge advocate of The Bradley Method of natural child birth. Most people do not know their rights as consumers in regards to child birth.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

AGREED.

And a solid early start for each child should be considered a minimal "right" in an era full of so many phony "rights."

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

My first thought was of all of the women around the world who were convinced to not breast feed their babies because formula companies wanted them to believe their product was better than the milk made in mommy's breasts.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

INDEED.

They've been doing ugly things to the global population for a very long time.

And getting PAID for it--even from poor people. What evil! Propaganda is very powerful.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

This is fantastic news!!! I'm not surprised... mother's milk is amazing stuff. I insisted on breastfeeding my kids even though it wasn't "cool" at the time. And I never regretted it. In fact, I really enjoyed that bonding time with my babies.

I hope red tape and bureacracy doesn't get in the way, and this can be produced and get to market quickly. With so many suffering from the MRSAs and other difficult to treat infections, this could be a literal lifesaver for so many.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed! Thanks so much for posting!!!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

THANKS for your kind reply.

I super much agree about the bonding with one's kids. I also strongly advocate as much father bonding as absolutely possible in every healthy way possible.

I'm curious . . . for work or convenience or whatever, did you ever have dad feed any of your kids with your breast milk from a bottle with the kid held by him skin on skin?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

THANKS for your kind reply.

I super much agree about the bonding with one's kids. I also strongly advocate as much father bonding as absolutely possible in every healthy way possible.

I'm curious . . . for work or convenience or whatever, did you ever have dad feed any of your kids with your breast milk from a bottle with the kid held by him skin on skin?

Not with intention, but yes! We even have some pics of them with hubby in jeans and workboots but shirtless, holding them against his chest and feeding them. I mostly worked from home, but would have to go in to the office for an hour or two, so that was always daddy's time with the babies. Other times we would just be laying in bed with the baby between us while I fed. Our son especially liked being "embraced" like that while feeding. He loved being swaddled as a baby too. Our daughter not so much! But she loved falling asleep on daddy's bare chest. If he was wearing a shirt (and he often doesn't), she would even push it up for the skin-to-skin contact. That was her favorite place in the world.

Why do you ask? Now I'm intrigued

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I LOVE IT! GREAT TO HEAR.

ATTACHMENT DISORDER has been a passionate topic to me for most of my adult life.

And, imho, Dads are a huge key. Yes, Moms can certainly contribute to RAD. However, imho and in my experiences and observations with 3,000+ students and many counseling clients is that DADS are the ones typically absent, cold, distant, abusive, etc.

Also, Mom's love is more or less unconditional and automatic except in very troubled family cases.

But Dad's affirmations are rather potent in a list of ways for a list of reasons and kids instinctively know that.

Also, imho, VERY HEALTHILY AFFECTIONATE SKIN-ON-SKIN DADS--PARTICULARLY in the first years--are a super potent treasure. I think there's just no substitute for that level of bonding. All the more so if the Dads will carry appropriate versions of it forward over the whole of the child's life with Dad.

That just gives the child incredible senses of self worth, potency, competence, resilience etc.

Thanks for asking.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Funny. Cause here I am, with Olivine, skin to skin. She's dozing in and out of sleep.

And for those who have not seen this yet.

www.mimijumi.com...

These are spendy, but they work. Ollie took right to the bottle her first time. She even took it from mom, which k hear is sometimes an issue.

Also, spread the word about the Bradley Method. The 3 months worth of classes were huge for us.

www.bradleybirth.com...

Couldn't have done it without them. Also, more people should look into birthing centers that are rated as baby friendly.

www.babyfriendlyusa.org...

Hope this helps. Wish we could sticky this is in a birthing ATS forum.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh, I also wanted to add that breast milk is good for diaper rash and pink eye as well as a host of other issues. The stuff is really amazing.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
EXCELLENT POINTS AND SOURCES. THANKS.

Will be helping a friend home from a distant hospital for 24-48 hours so may not be back to this thread for a while. Thanks for your great contributions.

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Funny. Cause here I am, with Olivine, skin to skin. She's dozing in and out of sleep.

And for those who have not seen this yet.

www.mimijumi.com...

These are spendy, but they work. Ollie took right to the bottle her first time. She even took it from mom, which k hear is sometimes an issue.

Also, spread the word about the Bradley Method. The 3 months worth of classes were huge for us.

www.bradleybirth.com...

Couldn't have done it without them. Also, more people should look into birthing centers that are rated as baby friendly.

www.babyfriendlyusa.org...

Hope this helps. Wish we could sticky this is in a birthing ATS forum.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

YUP!

Things work BEST as . . .

DESIGNED!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I LOVE IT! GREAT TO HEAR.

But Dad's affirmations are rather potent in a list of ways for a list of reasons and kids instinctively know that.

Also, imho, VERY HEALTHILY AFFECTIONATE SKIN-ON-SKIN DADS--PARTICULARLY in the first years--are a super potent treasure. I think there's just no substitute for that level of bonding. All the more so if the Dads will carry appropriate versions of it forward over the whole of the child's life with Dad.

That just gives the child incredible senses of self worth, potency, competence, resilience etc.

Thank you for sharing that. I always knew how lucky I was that my hubby is a cuddler... but now I can really appreciate the blessing it is for my kids. He's always been a hands-on dad. He has great relationships with them now (they're adults), and I love that. I think they do too!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join