It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos LIVE NOW at DePaul University!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I agree. I've only ever seen him discuss stuff with normal people like news people or whatever. I've never seen him in an actual debate setting where it follows a professional debate structure.

I'd like to see that and see how he does. Because he does great because unskilled debaters try the same double standard arguments which he's quick to point out and fires back with data which has to be either opposed with other data showing the opposite or have a different counter argument.

I'd like to see a debate like that. I'm sure he'd still do well, but he wouldn't be able to rely on the other person being less informed than him so much. A real debate would have his opponent with a strong argument too, hopefully anyway.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Annee

Milo wanted to debate.

Doubt it.

Reminds me too much of my brother.

He'd be fine as long as he's in control. If anyone were to get the upper hand, he'd talk over them, try to make them look like fools, or dismiss them as having no valid point.

I've watched him debate.

he's actually very polite and simply responds with facts.

I'm trying to watch him, but got little kids behind me.

I'm still seeing, "You're Wrong" approach - - but, am open to changing my mind.

So far can't say I think he's had a worthy opponent. The opponents all seem very weak.

Milo doesn't have weak opponents, he has opponents with weak arguments.

If they can't present their argument successfully, then they are weak opponents.

Still looking.

They're only weak because they are debating on the side of false assumptions and authoritarian dictates.

The only way authoritarians can win any debate is by shutting down any opposition.

They can't do it on facts, logic, they can only do it by violence and suppression.

You're making this easy for me.

In case you didn't realize that.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yes I do consider a sit down protest free speech. But free speech is really only about the the state and you.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Careful. I brought that up already and it didn't go over too well.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

hahahahaha

Many have even tried to shut me down here.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If Milo could be refuted, he would have been.

There's ample videos of him on youtube doing numerous debates of all kinds in the UK.

In the states, the left MSM is too afraid to interview or debate him as they have no argument.

So he instead takes his show on the road to colleges, where again they don't have the ability to refute his arguments and instead go the route of banning him or shutting him down. This isn't his first campus incident, he's has his talks cancelled before for violating showflake safe spaces.

Even here where I live, he and Brietbart were going to do a meetup a few weeks ago and....banned, as soon as the restaurant owner found out it was a right leaning meeting.

If it's as simple as refuting him, it's on the left to step up and do it. Milo welcomes all challengers, all debaters. No one refuting him is an admission of being on the losing end.

And as Milo regularly points out, the left is afraid to debate him because their normal tactics don't work. Can't label him homophobic. Can't label him racist(he loves black men). Can't label him an anti-semite as he has jewish lineage. He's a flamboyantly gay Roman Catholic who loves sex with black men and stands against gay marriage and transgenderism. The left's problem is he doesn't fit into any mold and therefor they can't brush him off with labels and insults, they need facts.

As for that, we're all still waiting.
edit on 24-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

hahahahaha

Many have even tried to shut me down here.

I'm not shutting you down.

But, you're kinda supporting what I'm saying.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So far I've discovered he has a Schtick. He primarily only covers 3 topics. Women, gays, tech.

Would love to see him debate Ben Barres on women in science, and if gender matters.

Ben is a f/m transgender scientist. He has the unique experience of academia from both genders.

Ben Barras: en.wikipedia.org...

Does gender matter? The suggestion that women are not advancing in science because of innate inability is being taken seriously by some high-profile academics. Ben A. Barres explains what is wrong with the hypothesis. www.nature.com...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not true. They're all for it, so long as it's their free speech, and their freedom.

Reverse it, and see what the reaction of many would be.

If I as a very middle aged white guy were to behave in such a fashion towards this same gentleman, what would the response be?

I doubt I'd be hailed as a defender of free speech...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

If I as a very middle aged white guy were to behave in such a fashion towards this same gentleman, what would the response be?

She'd be the first snowflake to call you an intolerant racist and gay hater whose mere existence is discrimination.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Ben is a f/m transgender scientist.

I hear he's pretty tuned in. Please clap.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Ben is a f/m transgender scientist.

I hear he's pretty tuned in. Please clap.

He'd be perfect for Milo to debate.

Gender Equality and Gender Dysphoria in the work place.

Waiting.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I was making a joke about FM radio, but I like debates too.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I was making a joke about FM radio, but I like debates too.

LOL, I thought you were making a joke.

Just wasn't registering.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I will readily concede it wasn't any good.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Not true. They're all for it, so long as it's their free speech, and their freedom.

Reverse it, and see what the reaction of many would be.

I doubt I'd be hailed as a defender of free speech...

Free speech isn't free, if it's one-sided. But you already knew that.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Milo is great, his events always get brigaded by the most cringe worthy SJW's. When you can't win the argument, silence the opposition.

Man Who Threatened Milo At DePaul Identified As Church Minister Edward Ward

Why am I not surprised? It seems like the most "righteous" leaders in the BLM movement are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

edit on 25-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Following Milo's twitter, he calls out people for live debates on a daily basis. Professors, politicians, journalists, but 99% of the time they refuse to do it.

Surprisingly Ben Shapiro accepted his challenge to a debate, which is suppose to happen some time June. Should be interesting to watch.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So the Right's new hero is a self-loathing homosexual that wishes he could "cure" his homosexuality?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

edit on 25-5-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join