It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos LIVE NOW at DePaul University!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: maus80
a reply to: Annee

For someone who didn't know anything about Milo, you sure have become super invested in this thread. The people who disrupted this talk were BLM protesters, not feminist supporters. As far as seeing through emotional responses and button-pushing, you revved up your "never mind the topic of this thread, listen to what I think of this guy" rhetoric rather quickly - which buttons of yours got pushed?

If you so badly want this to become the Annee Reviews Milo Thread...why not go ahead and start that thread?

I'm a learner. Can't even watch a historical drama on TV without a laptop in hand to follow what's factual and what isn't.

Still think Milo is Narcissistic. Obviously intelligent.

As a person who wants the facts, I get that part.

But, he's created a "character career" in getting his opponents to emotionally respond to what he says.

Emotions will never win over fact. As he says: "The audience does my job for me".

Yet that's an incredibly emotional, homophobic and sexist argument.

You essentially labeled someone who's a gay Roman Catholic as pursuing a "character career" for being a gay, Roman Catholic.

You've essentially dismissed him because you don't believe someone can be a gay Roman Catholic without some ulterior motive, that it has to be a charade of some sort.

And this goes back to what was mentioned before, the left and progressives can't refute anything he says, they just weakly attempt to character assassinate, as you just did.

Bravo on proving our point for us.

Also interesting you label the guy who calmly gives speeches and participates in debates as the emotional one, rather than the protesters who charge him on stage, threaten violence, jump around like lunatics, shut down his speeches, etc.

But again, your prove our point as well as show hypocrisy as your reaction and attempted rebuttal of him is pure emotion.

And your response to this will be "oh look, more emotions", "go away", "twist and shout", all just emotional responses. It's akin to a little kid covering their ears and yelling "la, la, la, la, I can't hear you....".
edit on 25-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl
Which is why I can no longer respond to her. Ignore cloak of ignoring +2 engaged.

And please, don't even point her in the direction of Steven Crowder. She might burst a vein in her forehead over him.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Who cares if you like him or not? Your first comment on this thread was saying he seems like someone who always thinks he is right. Does that excuse the actions of these protesters? Many people would say the same about Obama or any number of people on the left, does that justify this sort of behavior toward them?

Let's just "white wash" the things Milo intentionally says. No wonder he likes Trump. Same style.

Let's just pretend the buttons he intentionally pushes don't exist.

You think this is Left or Right?

I read several reviews/transcripts of the event, did you?

Well he's certainly pushed some of your buttons based on your responses to this thread.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
All to easy to do with some people. Yet, somehow it's always someone else's fault their buttons get pushed. Personal responsibility be damned.

As Steven Crowder said, "if you don't like it, change the damn channel!"

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: TheBulk

My favorite quote from Milo, is how he responds when someone calls him a "racist":

"Darling, I have the best affirmative action plan in the country-- in my bedroom."

Or when he tells BLM members that he has more black "in him" than they do. lol....

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Winstonian

My favorite quote from Milo, is how he responds when someone calls him a "racist":

"Darling, I have the best affirmative action plan in the country-- in my bedroom."

Or when he tells BLM members that he has more black "in him" than they do. lol....

BTW - - I do not support BLM.

When that one politician stated "All Lives Matter" - - that's what should gotten the

Not the race division.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

It's simply an insincere argument to argue "he hasn't faced a worthy debater" which isn't an argument, as any debater he faces can simply be brushed off as "not worthy" with nothing backing it up, or suggesting "he's just an emotional button pusher" which can't be refuted and yet again, is a fall back tactic used to brush off anything one disagrees with without actually refuting it.

It's a common debate tactic from the left. It's just throwing labels on things and taking a stance which can apply to wide ranging topics and is used to deflect without addressing the actual topics.

Milo is an emotional button pusher who hasn't faced a worthy debater. Well, that can't be proven or disproven, can be used to brush off anything and everything he's said yet doesn't argue against anything he's actually said. It's simple, can't refute the points made, proceed with character assassination and dismiss the actual person. And that's the new landscape we're facing, don't address actual illegal immigration and the strain on our economy or safety issues along the border, just label the topic as racist, then no argument needed.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Who cares if you like him or not? Your first comment on this thread was saying he seems like someone who always thinks he is right. Does that excuse the actions of these protesters? Many people would say the same about Obama or any number of people on the left, does that justify this sort of behavior toward them?

Let's just "white wash" the things Milo intentionally says. No wonder he likes Trump. Same style.

Let's just pretend the buttons he intentionally pushes don't exist.

You think this is Left or Right?

I read several reviews/transcripts of the event, did you?

Well he's certainly pushed some of your buttons based on your responses to this thread.

You read emotions into that?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I wonder if "Milo" will become a trigger word to the flakes.

How do you scare a leftist?

Don't say, "boo", say "Milo".

hahahahahahahaha

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I recommend the entire "Can't stop the Milo" series.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
And at some point, the varnish will wear thin and the argument cannot be used anymore. Silly games kids play these days. Don't they know they will soon be bored with them?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Careful, we might invoke the wrath of Triggly Puff.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The police were told to stand down by school officials.

Only days before the event, administrators had demanded that DePaul College Republicans, the club that hosted the event, pay hundreds of extra dollars in security costs. This was a clear breach of contract, but the organizers paid the fee under threat of cancellation. Yet, after ordering a dozen security officers, the administrators prevented them from restoring order, forcing them to stand down.

I talked to a few of the dozen Chicago police officers eventually called into the building, and they were irate. They were well-trained, and well-equipped to handle scenarios such as this. They wanted to do their job, and remove the protesters, but administrators demanded they stand passively and watch. Once again, violence prevailed over free speech on a liberal college campus, and the administration was 100% complicit.

Source

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
The police were told to stand down by school officials.

Only days before the event, administrators had demanded that DePaul College Republicans, the club that hosted the event, pay hundreds of extra dollars in security costs. This was a clear breach of contract, but the organizers paid the fee under threat of cancellation. Yet, after ordering a dozen security officers, the administrators prevented them from restoring order, forcing them to stand down.

I talked to a few of the dozen Chicago police officers eventually called into the building, and they were irate. They were well-trained, and well-equipped to handle scenarios such as this. They wanted to do their job, and remove the protesters, but administrators demanded they stand passively and watch. Once again, violence prevailed over free speech on a liberal college campus, and the administration was 100% complicit.

Source

So if you want to shut down people, opinions or facts you don't like, simply get violent and your university will not only look the other way, but actively assist you!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

No. I suspect that I am his target audience. Older, white stuck in his ways male. Fun thing is, I'd never heard of him prior to this silliness.

In their silly attempt at shutting him down, he's actually gained one more member of the audience...

I can't help but be amused about that.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It remains to be seen if Milo can have an intelligent debate.

whats your issue with this debate?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Of course the administration was complicit. This way they could have it both ways, one hand they can claim they didn't stifle free speech because they let the event happen, but they still get to virtue signal that they are blm's side by allowing them to shut it down.

Don't worry though. The administrators will eventually slip up and be eaten by this very monster they have created just like so many other liberal administrators have been.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Don't worry though. The administrators will eventually slip up and be eaten by this very monster they have created just like so many other liberal administrators have been.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Isn't protesting a right of free speech as well?
That is the part that I always find funny when we want to paint them as fascist here when they are exercising a right as well.

*Sigh*
Do please try and keep up. Or at least watch the darn video!
The university made the people organizing the event pay $1000 for security. So technically a sponsored event. Thus those protesters had no right to disrupt a sponsored event. But of course all that is lost on people like you because of free speech and all.

If I yell "FIRE" in a movie theater but there is no fire.
Is that my first amendment right or am I just being an ass?
And should I be punished?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

It remains to be seen if Milo can have an intelligent debate.

whats your issue with this debate?

Not avoiding.

School/kid/open house.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join