It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ken Starr Fired? Baylor Reviews Investigation into Football Sex Scandal - Christianity Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Starr, famous for his investigation of Bill Clinton, has led the nation’s largest Baptist university since 2010. From 2009 to 2016, at least six students reported they had been raped or abused by players on the Bears football team. Last month, Shawn Oakman became the third Baylor football player arrested for rape in the last four years, according to Sports Illustrated. Former players Tevin Elliot and Sam Ukwuachu were both previously charged and found guilty. ESPN’s Outside the Lines reported that at least some Baylor officials knew about the incidents but delayed investigating them and issuing punishments.

Christianity Today

There seems to be some question remaining as to whether Mr. Starr is actually fired from Baylor ... or not.

Apparently, though, the nation's leading Baptist university is at the center of a developing scandal regarding what has been called "a culture of rape."

What do you think ATS?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That Baylor is in some serious hot water. To me it looks like there is some clear brushing of events under the rug and keeping things in house. Which I am not against per se, but when we are talking sexual assault, I can't condone it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

That Baylor is in some serious hot water. To me it looks like there is some clear brushing of events under the rug and keeping things in house. Which I am not against per se, but when we are talking sexual assault, I can't condone it.

Indeed. It seems there is a cover-up at hand.

Perhaps, extending even to Mr. Starr?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I would personally have a hard time seeing him not knowing about it in some way. My thought process there would be he was at some point part of the discussion on how to keep the actions of these kids under wraps. He might be able to plea ignorance to the extent of it, but not that it was happening at all.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Already posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I searched for links on Ken Starr before posting.

However, as this story is breaking now, I think it's important to also have a thread that is more focused on the news element of this story ... with regular updates as the story breaks ... the other thread seems to be focused on drawing out comparisons with Penn State.

I guess the Mods can decide if the two threads are needed.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Fired? Last I heard he was defending a billionaire pedo. He and 4 other expensive suits already got the guy a 11 month sentence, slap on the old wrist, but wouldn't ya know it the billionaire just loves underage girls and can't seem to keep it in his pants.

edit on 24-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Fired? Last I heard he was defending a billionaire pedo. He and 4 other expensive suits already got the guy a 11 month sentence, slap on the old wrist, but wouldn't ya know it the billionaire just loves underage girls and can't seem to keep it in his pants.

I hadn't heard about that ... isn't that an ironic turn of events?

Sports Illustrated is also carrying the lead:

Report: Baylor board of regents fires president Ken Starr

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It was on RawStory the other day too, It makes sense to give him the axe while this is relatively quite. There was some talk about it when Oakman got arrested a few months back but it has been quiet since. At least on most of ESPN's shows.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You're right. Starr got pedophile Jeffrey Epstein off...or, at least, successfully defended him from serving a life term for violating underage girls.

Conservative Scold Ken Starr Got a Billionaire Pedophile Off

www.thedailybeast.com...

Considering Starr's past, it's ironic he not only defended Bill Clinton's billionaire, 'Orgy-Island' pedo buddy, but has lately been openly praising Bill Clinton.

Strange Bedfellows.

Kenneth Starr, Who Tried to Bury Bill Clinton, Now Only Praises Him

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Nothing strange about greed, and men's sexual desires. Word is that billionaire pedo video taped, with sound, these orgies to use against his fellow elitists. You know, blackmail. Bill Clinton visited the pedo over 25 times being flown on his private jet. Bill even went alone without Secret Service numerous times.

edit on 24-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I had discovered a few items while researching this news story about the recent "mending" between Starr and Clinton.

One side of me wants to think that, in time, even two very different "teams" can come together ...

... the other side says, there were never two "teams."

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I had discovered a few items while researching this news story about the recent "mending" between Starr and Clinton.

One side of me wants to think that, in time, even two very different "teams" can come together ...

... the other side says, there were never two "teams."

You pose an interesting choice of options. People do change...but in politics, it seems nothing is what it seems...and that never seems to change.

David Brock is a case in point; an early nightmare for Bill and Hillary Clinton while at 'The American Spectator'...to founder of Media Matters and current great friend, donor and supporter of Hillary Clinton.
edit on 24-5-2016 by IAMTAT because: spacing

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I don't know about you, but I'm getting really, really tired of all the "sides" that aren't sides.

It used to be something of an interesting passtime to argue one point or another.

Every day right before our eyes it becomes clear that all of politics is nothing.

Shadows and whispers.

/sigh

Thanks for your post IAMTAT.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I agree.
If it's starting to dawn on old battle-scarred warriors like us...maybe your realization is more pervasive than either of us truly realize.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I agree.
If it's starting to dawn on old battle-scarred warriors like us...maybe your realization is more pervasive than either of us truly realize.

Agreed. Well until we're back at each others' throats over some probably-trivial issue ...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So Briles has been suspended indefinitely with word that axe is coming but Starr looks to be safe from said axe and will remain as schools chancellor.
It is my personal opinion that is to light for him because I believe that there is little chance he had no knowledge in this. Maybe that is knee jerk tho and the investigation found him to not have a hand in it and is just punished for loss of control.
edit on thThu, 26 May 2016 14:47:30 -0500America/Chicago520163080 by Sremmos80 because: Stupid phone

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ken might end up getting starred and flagged before this mess is over.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well it was his school that he was in charge of.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I searched for links on Ken Starr before posting.

However, as this story is breaking now, I think it's important to also have a thread that is more focused on the news element of this story ... with regular updates as the story breaks ... the other thread seems to be focused on drawing out comparisons with Penn State.

I guess the Mods can decide if the two threads are needed.

I only drew comparisons to Penn State in the magnitude of the corruption.

Everything else is uniquely Baylor.

As it is: Briles is out, Starr is being "transitioned to Chancellor," and the AD McCraw is on probation.

Not to mention, all of this is BEFORE the NCAA has even started looking into it. My guess is that what they do to Baylor is going to be at least as heavy a penalty as what was done to Penn State which is why I put that title on the other thread which carries several comprehensive timelines of all the allegations and responses in addition to reactions from various sources relating to them.

I really only mentioned PSU in the first paragraph and the header as a means of going an idea of how serious this is.
edit on 26-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join