It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time of year, KNOW WHAT DROWNING LOOKS LIKE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If you're a bad swimmer, find someone better. If you're like me resist the urge to dive in, it may complicate things.

@ 30 seconds you can see it.

edit on 2420160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Thanks for that Domo,

I've totally changed my mind on how i want to 'go out' some day...

but seriously good video's now i just need to learn cpr.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

i just need to learn cpr.

There are tons of places that you can learn cheap or free. Google it. Learn it. I've been in a few situations where I got lucky. There's more than CPR.

It's not all fun and games, but it's worth it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

May I also add - for those with children especially, it doesn't take long! You can't leave a child by a pool, tub, utility sink or body of water out of sight/earshot for a few minutes. A slip, followed by a head-bang, followed by a splash...you haven't even grabbed that bottle of water out of the fridge yet and your child's lungs are filling with water.

Water has a higher rapid death/damage potential than a lighter, in my opinion (and probably for real, too.)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Great catch in the third video. I expected him to flip her onto his chest, but either way, he didn't miss a beat.

True hero.

It occurs to me that lifeguards don't get nearly enough credit for what they do.

God bless that man.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Geez, do you live in mid MI Domo? Because our local news has had a bunch of segments on this in the last week. Because you can't throw a rock without hitting a body of water around here.

It's been very educational, and as another poster mentioned, Just do not take your eyes off children. Period!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ahh the good ole days of USMC training, I never got to this school but swim qual level 1 was hard enough to get, I have friends that have some brutal memories of this =D I am glad I got to go to BUST training instead =D

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

also if you are caught in a rip tide don't try to swim straight into the shore....swim to one side parallel to the shore until you are out of the rip current...they are much less wide than long
edit on 24-5-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I drowned at Marine Corps swim qualification. They threw us in with camouflage utilities and combat boots which made me tire considerably after a short bit. I panicked when my legs went down and struggled to keep my head as far above the water as possible which tired me even quicker. Down I went.

My lungs filled with water and immediately I stopped trying to breath because of the water. Wasn't uncomfortable. The fear above the water was worse. Just remember floating towards the bottom of the pool peacefully as everything started to go dark. I had always heard drowning wasn't that bad of a way to go and I have to admit it wasn't. Aside from the struggle before that is.

Marines jumped in, pulled me out, pumped the water out of my lungs, and threw me right back in. I swam much better the second time.
edit on 31-5-2016 by Apollumi because: edit..

edit on 31-5-2016 by Apollumi because: edit 2..

top topics

join