It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He claims he killed 5 because he thought they were werewolves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I did a thorough search but did not find this posted on ATS...

According to The Washington Post journalist Fred Barbash:

It was the last day of classes at the University of Calgary, celebrated for half a century as “Bermuda Shorts Day” and the beginning of new lives for graduates. There would be not merely a blood moon but a total eclipse of the moon that night. For some 20 young people in Canada on April 14, 2014, it was reason to party. But for Matthew de Grood, it was reason to kill. And kill he did early on the morning of April 15, when he brutally stabbed to death five unsuspecting students in the leafy neighborhood of Brentwood. Read more here: www.newsobserver.com...=cpy

This is just plain weird but interesting and has all the elements of a great suspense thriller starring, of course, Crispin Glover!

The trial, which began May 16, is also a study in psychosis, a detachment from reality that can manifest itself without warning especially in young people. The psychiatrists who examined him portray a rather abrupt divorce between de Grood and the real world which transformed him from the respectable son of a high-ranking police officer and a promising college grad bound for law school and a career as a prosecutor to, in his mind, a character in his own fantasy of conspiracies – conspiracies involving werewolves, vampires, an ancient Masonic cult called “Illuminati,” and for good measure, U.S. President Barack Obama, among others. Read more here: www.newsobserver.com...=cpy

It is sad that the lives of these young persons were cut short and I feel awful for their families. It will be interesting to find out what happens with this case...

edit on 5242016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Everyone knows you can't kill a werewolf without using silver, he's full of it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I read about this the other day and the guy who killed the five party goers was mentally ill or had some sort of psychotic break down and felt threatened by delusions and paranoia in his mind after a casual conversation. It is sad all around, but there are no cryptoids involved.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I hear what you are saying and I hesitated when choosing which forum to post in. Mods, please feel free to move to a more appropriate location if needed.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
a reply to: peppycat

I hear what you are saying and I hesitated when choosing which forum to post in. Mods, please feel free to move to a more appropriate location if needed.
It would of been amazing if there were actual cryptoids, but it is a truly sad case of whether the guy is competent to stand trial or not.
It's weird how no one picked up more clearly on any changes of behavior in this young man...I think there were some signs but it seemed that his illness came on rather abrupt... or that he kept his delusions to himself for awhile.
I feel sick for the families that lost their loved ones, but the guy needs mental health therapy and perhaps his mind can be looked at by professionals to further the understanding of when mental illness becomes dangerous in a person and what if any are the warning signs.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Party goers, turning into fictional creatures.. Mm mm... Sounds like the plot to izombie..

May those that lost theirs lives rest in peace.. And condolences to the families of those that were killed in this tradegy.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Everyone knows you can't kill a werewolf without using silver, he's full of it.

He'd been watching Twilight. Psshhh.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Now I agree that there are strange supernatural entities that exist in our world but this guy is delusional. He must be watching too much Blade just instead of vampires its werewolves.

edit on 5/24/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

www.ctvnews.ca...
De Grood had just finished a shift at a grocery store and wore his uniform to the party.

No one goes from 0 to full-on crazy that quickly. I suspect some kind of mind-control.

“...he had heard a male voice, who he thought was the devil, telling him to ‘kill them before they get you.’ ”

Voice-into-Brain technology?

----------------------

So the guy is full-on crazy, but no wonder can figure out what kind of full-on crazy. Hmmmm....

calgary.ctvnews.ca...
Choy went on to say that "sometimes it can take years to determine psychosis" and that there was 'no specific diagnosis why his psychosis was present. .....He basically said that without doing more extensive testing he can’t be sure exactly what label to put on the disorder my client has but he is very sure that my client does suffer from mental disorder of a psychotic kind and when we say psychotic, we mean, that’s associated with disconnection with reality” ...

edit on 24-5-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

My red flag system is pretty simple:

If it's Teh Debil or Jeebus telling people to go out and cleanse the werewolves from our midst, it's usually some sort of mental illness. You know, that and the fact that he's hunting werewolves.

Call me when someone starts claiming Danny Devito told them to stab a hooker.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
For the sake of the conspiracy, has anyone turned up that he or his victims were involved with anything esoteric or occult in nature? Or even an interest in dogman legends?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: trollslayer

Very little info on De Grood''s background has been released. No interviews with his siblings, parents, schoolmates, neighbors, co-workers, etc. We don't even know where he lived. We don't know the results of any search warrant at that location, or what was found in his car. Also almost nothing in the way of his online activities has been made public. So if there was occultic involvement, that is being hidden. Certainly the prominence he gave to vampires and werewolves in his ramblings suggests an occult tie-in.

--------------------------

"De Grood had just finished a shift at a grocery store and wore his uniform to the party. "

Yet video that shows De Grood being hauled away has him wearing cami pants, combat boots, and a black t-shirt, exactly the getup so beloved by all the school shooter -types:

globalnews.ca...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Wieder Blutbaden?

Very sad for the victims and families.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
One of the biggest mysteries is how De Grood, who was physically not a big man, was able to overpower and kill five people in what must have been less than a minute or two, without himself being wounded. Did the victims show defensive wounds on their arms or hands?

This reminds me of Elliot Rogers, who allegedly killed three of his roommates with a knife before taking his rampage to UCSB.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Must have been a surge of strength, interesting to see, like previous poster wondered, any defensive injuries?

Taking down 5 people is not an easy task, even for a trained person against unarmed victims.

Whole warewolf part is odd, wonder if any odd drugs were being used?

On a lighter note, I have not been on this site in a while, and saw the title and the bigfoot outline.....thought it meant 5 bigfoot killed, thinking they were warewolves.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
live.calgarysun.com...
tweets from the reporters in the courtroom:

"Matthew de Grood stabbed his five victims a total of 22 times.

"Court hearing details of attacks on the victims- multiple wounds and many up to 20 cm(more than 7 inches) deep."

So each of the deceased had about 4 deep stab wounds, most of them probably near center mass. One wonders if this guy had some kind of training.

----------------------------------------------

De Grood had the same strange look on his face seen so often in similar mass rage attacks:

' "The accused had a blank look on his face and appeared not to fear the police dog, which was unusual," Crown says of Matthew de Grood.

' "To me it looked like he was looking through me," Const. Rob Tippett tells court.

"De Grood was "emotionless. Just staring through me like I wasn't there."

"Matthew de Grood had "expressionless eyes and face," upon his arrest, Const. Rob Tippett says.

" "He seemed very calm, relaxed. Like he didn't understand the gravity of what had happened," Const. Tippett."

------------------------------

The perp sounds like he was initially programmed to self-destruct:

"He said he tried to slit his wrists inside the dumpster so he could be reincarnated.

" "I ran at the officer so he would shoot me and I would be reincarnated," Matthew de Grood said.

" "Matthew stated that he thought he was supposed to kill himself," Det. Kurt Jacobs says of de Grood."

-----------------------------

Other statements made by the accused strongly suggests mind-control was being employed:

" 'Matthew de Grood told police he said to victim "I am sorry, but I have to do this."

" "I stabbed people in the house. It was justified because I was being controlled," de Grood told police.

" "He was just trying to kill the zombies and 'I'm sorry I had to kill them,'" cop quotes Matthew de Grood.

" "He stated he was living in a computer generated world like in the movie The Matrix," Dr. Lenka Zedkova said of Matthew de Grood."

edit on 25-5-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

The article does a great job of attacking "conspiracy theorists" or "paranoid conspiracy theorists" ("PCTs").

And what was their source?

Something called the Skeptics Dictionary, which does not allow any comments or the ability for someone to challenge the information presented.

In short, according to the Skeptic's Dictionary, if you dont believe the OS on everything, youre a PCT.

In typical strawman fashion, they mix some truth with exaggerations and false hoods.

Although his method is interesting. He'll denounce "wild conspiracy theories" like 9/11, then a few sentences later will say, "The Cheney/Bush administration acted remarkably like an administration whose goal is world dominance"...

Kind of hard to figure out. He may be a guy who actually believes in many of the conspiracy theories while at the same time pretending to attack them.

Regardless, the article's goal is clear: if you dont believe the OS, youre nuts.

This Grood guy may have been a product of MK Ultra or he could just be a weak minded individual who is product of the media's mind control and their non-stop brainwashing.

edit on 25-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

You do understand the boy had mental problems and his father and friends worried about him.

On phone and can't link now but vice has a good article discussing this.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

"De Grood had just finished a shift at a grocery store and wore his uniform to the party. " Yet video that shows De Grood being hauled away has him wearing cami pants, combat boots, and a black t-shirt, exactly the getup so beloved by all the school shooter -types:

It would be interesting to find out WHICH grocery store chain allows this type of attire as part of it's 'dress-code'!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

This Grood guy may have been a product of MK Ultra or he could just be a weak minded individual who is product of the media's mind control and their non-stop brainwashing.

I tend to agree with you... to me, this just doesn't sound like psychosis. Perhaps I do not have enough information, but things just don't add up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join