It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why All of Freddie Gray’s Killers Will Go Free

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Prosecutors are 0-2 in convictions against the six officers after Edward Nero was acquitted of four misdemeanors on Monday. Good luck with murder. Monday’s acquittal of Baltimore police officer Edward Nero on charges related to the death of Freddie Gray on April 12, 2015, might portend upcoming not-guilty findings for the five remaining Baltimore city police officers facing various criminal charges in Gray’s death.
As a non American i wonder where justice is in this system. It always appears that the public officials are the winners in most court case i have read about. Here in Indonesia, the rich and powerful ALWAYS win in the courts. It's called KKN.
Aka: Corruption,Cronyism and Nepotism.www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

"Justice" is long, long gone in the US system. If you are a police officer, banker, high level lawyer, etc, your buddies are going to cover for you. It's kind of 'you don't put me in jail for my crimes, I won't put you in jail for your's".

edit on 24-5-2016 by DAVID64 because: off topic comment

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The prosecutor went for convictions for crimes that could not be proven. Murder on the level they are trying for almost always includes they prove intent.

In this case, some level of intent to have gone into Grey's neighborhood with the intent of killing a black man. That is hard to prove for one person, let alone all the officers involved in Grey's case, especially when some of them are black themselves.

Because the prosecutors went for charges that don't fit the crime, the accused will not be convicted. But they went for charges to satisfy the rioting mob, now even if there needed to be justice for lesser wrong-doings that won't happen because people were told it had to be malicious murder and therefore, nothing but a murder change would do.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A live man is taken into custody and a dead man is released from custody,this is custodial murder not custodial dereliction as these murderers are trying to claim,if it was citizens instead of Police all of them would be charged.

This is one we will all be seeing Trump be called in on.....sure let em go now.....and The Donald will put them in the steel boxes all 6 of those people belong in,murder is murder.

These could be the last throes of a below the surface "system" which knows it is going down soon,you know trying to do one last "favor" so they have some loyal members after the Donalds purge.They think if they do "favors" now then once the Donald purges them they can "call in" those markers later and drill holes in the new system Trump brings in.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

If a mob of men threw a man into a van and he came out dead they'd be on death row by now.

Do as I say, not as I do... for the overlords.
edit on 24-5-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

don't put me in jail for my crimes, I won't put you in jail for your's".
Yes mate, a perfect example of KKN as i know it,

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The prosecutor went for convictions for crimes that could not be proven
Sounds like a "Stitch-Up" job for sure. Do prosecutors take corruption money in USA? In Indonesia jails are full of them!.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I actually like the prosecutor in these cases.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I get you drift, and it would never happen that way over here. The mob would kill a man, even for stealing a packet of biscuits, leave him on the road,try and burn the body if petrol around, and an hour later the police would arrive and clean up the mess, their job finished. MOB JUSTICE reigns supreme where i live, but it reduces the crime rate at the cost of human life.....

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64 Freddie gRAY WAS A SCUMBAG DRUG DEALER AND HAS A LONG HISTORY OF CHARGES. tHE COPS HAD TO DRAG THE IDIOT TO THE VAN BECAUSE HE WOULDNT WALK,,WE SAW THE VIDEO, THEY DIDNT BEAT HIM, THEY PUT HIM IN THE VAN,,HE BEAT HIS OWN HEAD AGAINST THE WALL AND KILLED HIMSELF,,,THATS JUDGING BY HIS ACTIONS WHILE ARRESTED,,GOING LIMP AND ACTING LIKE SOME SPOILED BERNIE SUPPORTER,,HE DIDNT GET HIS WAY AND BEAT HIS HEAD AGAINST THE WALL. THAT COP DID NOTHING WRONG. STOP SENSATIONALIZING A LOSER DRUG ADDICT LIKE FREDDIE GRAY.

edit on 24-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You don't think the (African-American) judge is looking at the facts and making a ruling according to the law???? I'm sorry but you're out of your mind. Are you proposing all of six police officers should be on death row without the evidence or facts necessary? And that would be "justice"?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi tHEY DONT THINK, THEY JUST BLAME

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The reason couldn't possibly be that there is no wrong doing on their part. No, it can't be, all cops are bad.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
You don't think the (African-American) judge is looking at the facts and making a ruling according to the law???? I'm sorry but you're out of your mind. Are you proposing all of six police officers should be on death row without the evidence or facts necessary? And that would be "justice"?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They stopped him for no reason. They injured him for no reason, then they tried to cover it up by driving him around town while they figured out what to tell the hospital staff, instead of taking him directly to the hospital. Also he remained in the van cuffed, injured but not secured so he would be further injured by stopping or turning the van.

Conveniently he died during the procedure. That took collaboration and complicity by several officers. Only one went on trial, also convenient. The least culpable one was found 'not guilty'.

Of course the system is going to find for itself in the case.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
America is a capitalist nation....

We have the finest justice money can buy!!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39As a non American i wonder where justice is in this system. It always appears that the public officials are the winners in most court case i have read about. Here in Indonesia, the rich and powerful ALWAYS win in the courts. It's called KKN.

Now, while I don't disagree that there seems to be a separate justice system for public officials, in the case of this specific trial, the problem lies with overzealous charges against the officer--too many criminal charges that leave too much reasonable doubt because there is not much actual evidence that supports them.

Even if this officer failed to properly restrain Mr. Gray in the van, from what I understand, the only way that it would be criminal is if he had done it on purpose with intent to cause harm to Gray. That's something that is VERY tough to prove in a court of law.

Now, this doesn't mean that there cannot be a civil suit brought against the officers in this case, but if we really want criminal charges to stick here in the U.S., the prosecutors really need to do a better job at (a) gathering appropriate evidence prior to indictment, and (b) restraining their apparent need to charge everything that they think that they can in hopes that something stick--that generally ends in acquittals. Generally.

So, I don't think that problem is a lack of justice as much as it is piss-poor management of the cases by our prosecutors here in America.

But keep in mind, it's a jury of one's peers who decide guilt beyond a reasonable doubt (in the vast majority of cases), so if you want to place the "blame" on any group of people, it would have to be the average citizens who have to weigh evidence versus reasonable doubt. Most of the time they get it right, but there are times when they get it wrong at no fault to the prosecutors.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
A live man is taken into custody and a dead man is released from custody"

If courts and judges reasoned as black and white like that the country would be a complete mess and even more prisons would be needed because A + B equals lockup.

If i go on holiday but ask you to take care of the plants and cat in the house in the meantime and you go in one day with that purpose and go out again and the next day i come home and find my cat dead you would be sentenced for animal cruelty the day after that following your reasoning.

Didnt grey suffer from a broken back and was operated on just days before this even? Something a random police officer would not know. Granted i have not followed the case to much but my first point certaintly stands.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 24 May 2016 10:01:55 -05001620165America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

America is a capitalist nation....

We have the finest justice money can buy!!

And owning prisons is a lot like having a string of vending machines - steady income

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The U.S. hasn`t has a justice system for many years, the U.S. has a legal system.What is the difference,you ask?
A justice system concerns itself with dispensing justice, a legal system only concerns itself with abiding by legalities and laws.As long as all the legalities are followed to the letter than the courts are satisfied that they have done a good days work, justice be damned.
Any lawyer in the U.S. will tell you the same thing, we don`t have a justice system we have a legal system.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join