It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Favorite Thing Ever?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
OK I have a few.

Climbing in bed, getting under the covers and my dog hopping up right after I get done situating myself and curling up into whatever nook I create while letting out a contended sigh as he puts his head on my leg or arm.

Star gazing when it's frigid out and you're in a sleeping bag.

Barbecuing.

Waking up with a woman I love.

Everyone is being a candy-ass, so sex.

My car, especially when driving it on backroads/twisty highways/dirt roads or embarrassing a muscle car.

Trail rides with a horse that's spirited and letting them have their head. Swimming with a horse. Foals. Horse breath smell. I like horse stuff.

Reading. I should try to start reading better stuff, but I enjoy sci-fi (some of it is just trash).

Shooting.

Working on the house or in the yard. I've turned into the weird guy that waters his plants all the time.

Breakfast foods. For any meal.

Haircuts from the Asian lady with a local business that knows I MEAN #1.5 on the side (SO many places don't pay attention), vacuums my head, lines everything up, remembers the the last time I was there without a computer screen. I think she might be crazy, but she's fun.

County fairs.

Being on the water. Floating, kayaking, canoeing, jet skis, sailing, trying not to bounce out of a Donzi.

Listening to frogs at night.

Mowing the lawn. Super satisfying and smells good.

Going to the dog park, watching my pup have a great time and make new friends. Watching my dog with my lady friends dog, they adore each other and are hysterical together. It's a non stop battle and chase, sometime on top of a lap. Two crazy herding breeds that click really well are fun to watch. Mornings can start out terrifying. Wake up with two dogs standing over you staring, "Where's my breakfast human?".

Pressure washing. Again, satisfying.

Using any sort of power tool, more fun if it's dangerous or gas powered. Weed Whacker + extension pole with chain saw makes me smile. More than chain saw even.

When your girlfriend dresses up and surprises you. Hnnnnnngggggg. It's amazing!

When I stop typing because I should be doing something else. Like making breakfast.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Trail rides with a horse that's spirited and letting them have their head. Swimming with a horse. Foals. Horse breath smell. I like horse stuff.

This is one of my absolute favorites. Trail riding with my dog along - me, my mare, and my dog - on the trails along the river, up into the bluffs where only mules and horses can go....
one of the most perfect days of my life, which I will forever remember, was going for a ride on my Morab mare (who I had imprinted and trained myself, and whose sire I had hand chosen to breed with the Arabian dam and helped deliver) -

anyway, trail riding on a lovely summer morning in the deep woods on the bluffs - and then going sailing with my dad.
The Most Perfect Day Ever. EVER.

Reading. I should try to start reading better stuff, but I enjoy sci-fi (some of it is just trash).

Yep. Reading. Reading is the bomb. And actual, physical BOOKS, thanks. None of this kindle crap - I want to be able to lie in bed and read, place the book on my nightstand, leaf back through the pages for my favorite passages - write in the margins (
!), whatever.

Writing, too. Love it.

Shooting.

I'm a very good shot, always have been. All sorts of target stuff - whether basketball, archery, pistols, or whatever. Always enjoyed it.

Working on the house or in the yard.
I have the luxury of this being my "job" now - and I love it!

I've turned into the weird guy that waters his plants all the time.

This one I don't do - if they can't survive without my assistance, they just don't. I plant them carefully, and then they have to do the rest. I hate mowing, but I love gardening!

Breakfast foods. For any meal.

For me it's Dinner Foods for any meal.
Oh well - that's still quite a bit we can agree on.

Thanks for sharing!

edit on 5/24/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (unfortunately, when it comes to "sex" - that is not on my list anymore - I've lost interest entirely, it seems - damn hormones!)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Oh one more thing - goes along with sleep:

clean, crisp COOL sheets, cold fresh air, and a comfortable bed with lots of pillows. Like you said, nights under the stars, snug in a sleeping bag.
Also, campfires. We build those very often in the backyard - in winter, we use the wood-burning fireplace. I couldn't stand to live in a house with no fireplace!!!!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

is the indoor fire will have candles lit with some soft music playing lightly in the background with a couple glasses of wine.

+3 except: what "soft music"?

The outdoor fire will be the only light, with a couple of mugs with hot chocolate. And yes, with marshmallows.

Okay - any vodka to add to the hot chocolate??

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
One simple thing that always cheers me up-a new bar of soap in the shower. It just seems foamier and better than used soap.
Other than that-my girlfriend bringing me an unexpected gift. On Saturday I got beer, olives, and Ip Man 3. That was a good day.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lawman27

One simple thing that always cheers me up-a new bar of soap in the shower. It just seems foamier and better than used soap.

Probably has less hair stuck on it too.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
okay so Gazrock and The Spanish Archer

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Can I add one more? Ok thanks!

I like a medium pressure shower, not to strong! The high pressure ones I've been in have always made for a terrible experience. In your certain sensitive areas, brushing up against a jet feels like someone took a dull razor to your sensitive bits.

Ok

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A cold beer after a night of drinking cold beer =D

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I have a question...
do you pronounce your username as "Brother-Man"

or,

"bruthermun"

Just wondering.

My favorite things include words and their origins and spellings....
like just today, I went in to shut the window in the bedroom and I thought -
what is the root of the word
"window"

"wind opening"?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Brother-man [my surname is very similar to this in real life, probably not hard to figure out lol]

that was my call sign on the radio when I served as a PSD agent in the Marines so that's what alot of my dudes from the service call me no matter what my name is. When the General I was assigned to heard my "name" he had told me when I reported into his office in Iraq that he was expecting a dark green marine he was surprised I am a grizzly ass white boy.

That's the pronunciation and the etymology of the legendary "Brother-man"
edit on 24-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
puddles in a green field when the sun comes out.

and people falling over.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
puddles in a green field when the sun comes out.

and people falling over.

Into the puddles?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

edit on 24-5-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: visitedbythem

That's very sweet. Happy Birthday! Sorry it must hurt.
Thanks Brother

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

+3 except: what "soft music"?

The music would be of her choice. It could be romantic soft music or classical music, maybe solo piano music.

Okay - any vodka to add to the hot chocolate??

Of course, vodka or even Bailey's Irish Cream.

edit on 25-5-2016 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2016 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The music would be of her choice. It could be romantic soft music or classical music, maybe solo piano music.

Glad you didn't say "Kenny G". ugghh..

I like Celtic music (Jeff and Michael Danna) for soft listening.
Can't abide "modern" classical, though. Real classical is good, symphonies/orchestras really can be moving. I used to be in symphonic band and full orchestras in school -

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL!! You would say that. I love your sense of humor, Gus!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
LOL!! You would say that. I love your sense of humor, Gus!

A little schadenfreude never hurt anyone.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Indeed. I just don't feel that way when people "fall down" - more like when they crash their vehicle after driving like a jerk....

not long ago I saw a video someone shot of some jackass 'road rage' guy gunning his pick-em-up-truck and flipping off the driver he was passing - and then crashed. The driver in the 'offended' car laughed so hard!!!

LOL!!!!

Yeah, I love that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join