It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking the Golden Calf; Exodus 32

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I always hear about the golden calf and Moses smashing the tablets of the Covenant. Nobody ever mentions a few of the oddities in in. Let's do that.

32:20

He took the calf that they had made, burned it with fire, ground it to powder, scattered it on the water, and made the Israelites drink it.

You can't turn gold into powder with fire. Moses, or the author (prob. Ezra) knew a secret process where by you could make it powder and consume it and it is among the Egyptian god men this substance or a powder was consumed by and made probably by the priests. It was said to heal the body and enlighten the mind. Consider this, Moses notices that the people are in a frenzy and calls out asking who is with God. Only the Levite's respond. He tells them to go kill brother, friend and neighbor. They kill about 3000.

29 Moses said, "Today you have ordained yourselves for the service of the Lord, each one at the cost of a son or a brother, and so have brought a blessing on yourselves this day."

This sounds like a ritual initiation complete with drugs and human sacrifice. It ends in ordination and blessings for the Levite's.

But all that is symbolic and while messed up, didn't actually happen and was in all likelihood written to validate Levite supremacy.

There seems to be a lot of talk about monoatomic gold and it being this substance. If so that is amazing. Of course I would be skeptical but there is no shortage of websites on this. I tried to pick one that you would like though you should just Google it because I am not so sure.

Gold powder
edit on 23-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Parazurvan

As you said. It probably never happened and was written to say our tribe is special and others are inferior.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Yeah but it doesn't mean Ezra didn't know the process. The whole point was to preserve secret information in plain sight while writing a story with elements that would civilize the uneducated freed Babylonian Jews.

If there was no mention of the Pharaoh's eating this and the monoatomic gold then yeah, I would not give it a second thought but it is a much discussed topic and intriguing.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Cattle was a most precious commodity back then, so was gold. A golden calf represents greed and gluttony.

Symbolic telling about money and materialistic wealth. Seems thats a common thread even today.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Interesting, but personally I think it really did happen and that Moses was the author, at least in part.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You must have missed the point of turning it in to powder and consuming it, a totally meaningless act unless you are aware of the Egyptian legends and today's monoatomic gold.

They weren't being greedy or gluttonous. Idolatry was their crime. They gave up their gold so that isn't greed and they were dancing not eating.

Don't forget about the 3000 people who got slaughtered and the people who think this is real and don't mind a psychopathic god who sent a plague immediately after this ordeal.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UnsealedOrg

No, Catholicism had admitted publicly that the position of Moses being author no longer tenable due to lack of evidence that he ever existed and could not possibly have lived at the time it was written.

When the church admits something isn't true about the Bible it is because it has been proven beyond deniability.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

And wealth is not something that would be symbolized in a story about escaped desert wanderers who ate the same thing for 40 years. There just was no wealth and the author wanted to preserve the knowledge that this process exists and they were probably making it among the priests for whatever benefits it had.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Astro-theology...

Moses is the bridge from the age of Taurus to the age of Aries, as Jesus is the bridge from the age of Aries to the age Pisces. Moses and Jesus are avatars.

Some light reading... Linky

edit on 5/23/2016 by Klassified because: add link

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You must have missed the point of turning it in to powder and consuming it, a totally meaningless act unless you are aware of the Egyptian legends and today's monoatomic gold.

The calf wasn't solid gold, it was probably plaster or clay plated with gold. So it could be 'broken up' , powdered, mixed with water and given to each to drink. Thats a symbolic gesture anyway, to let the people know they were all partaking of the system of money and stuff, just like we all do today.

They weren't being greedy or gluttonous. Idolatry was their crime. They gave up their gold so that isn't greed and they were dancing not eating.

Idols like gold and cattle representing wealth and business for greed, supplanting those idols instead. They didn't give it up anymore than we do today, they were caught worshipping it more that they should. Their punishment wasn't really punishment like jail time or ten lashings, it was a Parable like so many others to teach life lessons. In fact the world rewards those with the most money and stuff. By the way they chose a calf, because that was their business model. Today it wold probably be a gold plated Cadillac…

But we still don't get it, even today. Or we make it too complex, like you are trying to do.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No it doesn't say that it was just gold that Aaron threw in the fire and turned into a golden calf.

No plaster involved.

And Idols represent apostasy not greed. This story has zero to do with greed and is about idol worship specifically.

You are just off on that aspect of the story and the text does not support your statements at all.

32:24 (Aaron)

24 "So I said to them, whoever has gold take it off; so they gave it to me, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf!"

So you can see the process was miraculous and no clay or any other material but gold went in the fire.

So you could only have been talking without having thought through the OP or read the accompanying text and that is not cool. Anything but gold is not supportable without making up things out of the blue and there is absolutely no reason to think otherwise.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just returning to say its foolish to consider consuming gold, the body doesn't utilize it anywhere, it would just pass through the gut and into the sewers.

Maybe thats the plan, to get people buying and consuming gold and passing it to the sewage treatment plant…

…what a novel idea to make even more money.

I know , lets use bible 'stories' to get people on board.

Lets claim its 'good for you' to crap gold.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You accuse me of making it complicated but as long as I am correct I would rather be complicated than, say, simple and incorrect like you.

And I have not said anything that didn't happen and I don't find it complicated I find it fascinating. But you are welcome to enjoy your simple and factually incorrect interpretation of plaster and clay even though it does not say anything that should make you think that whatsoever it is OK.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

And Idols represent apostasy not greed. This story has zero to do with greed and is about idol worship specifically.

Then, why a calf? You're building it up to something more than it is, imagine that? If they were poor and wandering the desert, how could they afford a solid gold calf? And again, why a 'calf' specifically?

What the hell does consuming gold have to do with such a symbolic story in a fairy tale book anyway? Is this like colloidal silver people think is healthy to eat, too? Where in the body is gold and silver used , which organ, bone or connective tissue? More quack medicine with religious overtones.

Eating any form of gold to improve health, spiritual or otherwise is stupid beyond belief… you improve spirituality through the spirit not any material substance, object or wealth.
edit on 23-5-2016 by intrptr because: spelling and additional

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Just returning to say its foolish to consider consuming gold, the body doesn't utilize it anywhere, it would just pass through the gut and into the sewers.

Maybe thats the plan, to get people buying and consuming gold and passing it to the sewage treatment plant…

…what a novel idea to make even more money.

I know , lets use bible 'stories' to get people on board.

Lets claim its 'good for you' to crap gold.

Yeah that doesn't even make sense and you are clearly frustrated. I don't know why you are having trouble understanding unless you are not trying to on purpose.

It is just that you invented a falsehood about the contents of and method of creating the golden calf.

Just read the scripture in question next time before you say things that are not accurate .

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It is just that you invented a falsehood about the contents of and method of creating the golden calf.

That "miracle" you cited where he threw jewelry into a fire and 'out popped a golden calf' is the falsehood.

Things were done then the same way as now. You think the jewelry they made back then popped out the fire, too? Gold ore is smelted at high temperature in the presence of flux and refined to purity sufficient to utilize in the manufacture of jewelry and adornments, just like it is today.

It is a miracle to some degree, definitely more so back then, because some people could make metal from dirt.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

And stop complaining about the contents of the book I didn't write it.

But the calf represents the Goddess Asherah, I already said that it is obviously not a literal tale but you are complaining about how they got gold in the desert.

Is that more miraculous than a self forming gold calf from gold thrown in fire?

The symbolic nature of that is that they consumed the Goddess.

And if my interpretations are too complex it isn't because I am making a big deal out of nothing but that you didn't get it so you are going to argue and complain to ruin the thread.

I am not going to respond to you because it is not worth it it's better to let you rant if you want to.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

It is every 2000 years and 6000 is for half a complete solar zodiacal cycle that I heard doesn't circle but half and then goes along a straight line in perfect half circle continuous s like shape. Not sure though.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Well thanks for not answering any of my direct questions, like why a golden calf and where is gold utilized in the human bodies structure?

You want to spin more un proven gods and goddesses into the tale than are already there isn't cutting it.

Why a golden calf and how is consuming gold 'helping' the body?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I explained everything to you in the op and in my messages. You will just have to use your brain and figure out the rest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join