It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check your white cis gay male privilege

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: DBCowboy

You forgot "wearing pocket protectors"...

Don't mock me when I accessorize!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Don't lesbians catch the least heat?

Not this one.

According to a Buzzfeed posting a few days ago, a young lesbian has accused London's two largest gay nightclubs of institutionalised sexism after she was refused entry. She believes she is entitled to the same safe spaces, afforded by her student union, within gay nightclubs.

Riley feels the LGBT scene is “not diverse” and doesn’t even represent the community as successfully as her own LGBT student society. “I don’t feel you can go out in Soho as a lesbian or a trans person and feel like you’ll be protected,” she said. “People should be able to go to places and not be exposed to the same kind of discrimination as [in] wider society.”

In a vast multicultural city like London such a lack of diversity in venues is particularly unacceptable, said Riley. “More people from different backgrounds are having the confidence to come out, and the gay scene needs to represent that.”

It is well known in the LGBT community that nightclubs offer men only and woman only nights as well as mixed nights. So basically she is saying to hell with catering to your target audience and cater solely for me.

I really struggle with this mindset.

This Gay Student Says Two Famous Gay Clubs Denied Her Entry Because She’s A Woman

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

In other words, intersectionalism has hit the LBGT society. This is the intersection of feminism and lesbianism. Now gay men are the enemy of lesbian women.

And my understanding of intersectionalism is that you draw a big Venn diagram that sort of maps out how and where your various group identities intersect and how you can leverage them to find new causes to create even more chaos in the world. As we can see, she is leveraging her feminist identity to identify new vistas of victimhood within the LBGT community where it previously had not been an issue before.
edit on 23-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was thinking the same thing. To quote her

“I’ve been to gay venues and used the men’s toilet because there’s a huge queue in the women’s. That should be a place where people don’t give you a funny look, and still the men are like, ‘Why are you in here?’ Gay men could be more open-minded and recognise the problem, and recognise they are in a privileged position: They can go out on a gay night and be surrounded by gay men in a place that caters exactly for their needs.”

Me Me Me Me Me

Meh

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Why do you feel they would trash the 1st?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The difference between Sargon and Gavin is simple. Sargon tends to be respectful of the views of others, even if he disagrees where Gavin tends to be mocking of views he doesn't share.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

The difference between Sargon and Gavin is simple. Sargon tends to be respectful of the views of others, even if he disagrees where Gavin tends to be mocking of views he doesn't share.

I find them both to be mocking. There is little to respect in modern SJWs. Again, I have to ask if perhaps it's just that you don't like people you consider to be right wing nuts? They both have pretty much the same tone to me and address the subject in much the same way - with contempt.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Not sure what's going on there. It really doesn't matter why she wasn't allowed entry as her cries would be the same. Maybe they were near capacity and only letting members in, or maybe they do a head count and try and keep a pretty even mix of folks.

Either way her one statement was kinda telling. She said she asked if they would be allowed BACK in after they went and got food. Seems she was inside Heaven.

So which one is it? We're you in or not?

Maybe she had a few too many at the house before she left.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad

"Gay men could be more open-minded and recognise the problem, and recognise they are in a privileged position: They can go out on a gay night and be surrounded by gay men in a place that caters exactly for their needs.”

Definitely not the case.

I've been punched in the head by a straight drunk irish dude at gay pride citing his extreme dislike for gay people. Apparently saying "Why are you here, then?" And smiling was grounds enough.

Wonder how many times she's been punched in the head in her fragile little life.

But I mean, gay me are so "privileged" compared to women... lmao.
edit on 23-5-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It is student politics, those meetings (worldwide) are known for being places completely void of reason, and common sense. The best way to think about it, is that most will out grow this, and become actual human beings. Those who do not, tend to not ever amount to anything

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Those who do not, tend to not ever amount to anything

Or they run for congress.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
As a bisexual I say let the gay men do their own disgusting thing..

There are plenty of venues that cater to just about everybody now.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

As far as I know the UK has no congress
I get your point, but a less US centric view is needed to see, that Student "politics" is on the whole, a waste of time, the world over (I've experienced it in New Zealand, seen it in Australia, the USA, and UK).

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Why do you feel they would trash the 1st?

Because their actions speak louder than words...Or polls.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Meaning their protesting?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Now you're being obtuse. You know the context in which I speak.

That protest was an exercise in shutting out free speech.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I'm asking so I don't assume, you could have said that four posts ago. There's several issues surrounding the protests which, in your opinion, threaten free speech? Protest is a form a free speech itself, some students used it to protest a perceived lack of action regarding some hate speech and racial incidents. While hate speech is protected speech, almost all schools have rules banning hate speech... do you think that's wrong?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Looks like the SJW's are starting to eat their own.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Actually, yes I do. Not because I like the idea of everyone walking around saying things with the intent to hurt others but because these days the definition of hate speech has shifted from analyzing whether or not someone was intending to be hurtful to whether or not someone felt hurt by what was said. Intent no longer matters.

Under such justification speakers, speech and ideas are often barred from discourse because someone finds them offensives or hateful, not because the people who speak them are actually intending to be hurtful or hateful in the slightest.

So if that's the way we're going with hate speech, then I am done with the concept.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Obviously you didn't bother reading the article I posted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join