It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elevating Women: What is in it for men?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: InTheLight

There is a big need for a campaign like this in areas where women are oppressed, such as Saudi Arabia. In the USA, women have more than equal rights, and actually have many legal and social benefits above and beyond men.

If you can name one right that men have that women do not, I will go and sign the petition.

Until then, I will have great sympathy for the droves of women in the middle east that are truly being oppressed, and pray that the feminists in the USA will start focusing on that, instead of focusing on "Islamphobia."

The problem is that woman in the U.S enjoy this victim role. A victim role always comes with a lot of benefits. The most important one is not really being a victim in the first place. Like this "Rape culture" Myth. They talk about this everyday in a way that would make you think they cant even go outside for 5 minutes withouth being raped. A rape culture would be a culture were it is deemed socially acceptable to do so. Like in a lot of Islamic countries which SJW's/Feminist so often defend strangly enough.

In gemrany with during the huge influx of imigrants the rape reports increased by a 1000% i kid you not. Feminist where defending the imigrants while the right (cis white males) where holding protests shouting out and holding speeches in public to protect their woman against all the rape going on. Which btw they also did. They made groups to patrol the streets to make sure the woman were safe and prevented actual rapes from happening. In france this also occurred and where were the feminists, They were protesting for the acceptance of the imigrants who caused the sudden 1000% surge in rapes.

They do not really care about others they do not really care about other woman. They only care about themselves and what happened in Europe sure showed that. The only thing they truly care about and are vey busy with is elevating themselves above others to reap the benefits.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 26 May 2016 07:09:13 -05001620165America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So before the pill women were not used as sex objects? Are you a kid?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Tell that to whomever would try to pull me out of a track.
It's also overboard emotional stimuli one needs to filter out without feelings, THEN kill without them.(Only to return HOME and have people attack YOU for your governments policies and asshats who aren't REAL soldiers anyway they just got through basic and try not to off yourself as your work was a lie)
I DO seem to recall pissing off 80% of the NCO cadre I met in the Cav by kicking up my vocabulary to 3 syllable words ,it was a handy tool,when I needed it.

Those are valid points but I think one should stay away from generalizations as they are not too accurate

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Raggedyman

Are you serious with this? If you can't see how Christianity teaches misogamy from these links then you aren't even trying. I mean this:

Not the new testament teaching of Christ and the disciples

Is bull#. The NT is just as misogamist as the OT. The entire bible was assembled by a patriarchal church that taught original sin, forbade women from being in the priesthood, shunned women for being raped, etc. The entire Christian religion is stacked against women and if you can't see that then you don't want to see it.

But don't worry. You aren't alone. All Abrahamic religions are like this. That is the major failing of all of them. This is why fundamentalist teachings of all three of these religions force women to over cover their bodies, shames them for liking sex, shames them for being raped, trades them like a commodity, and all sorts of other demeaning things. I don't get many opportunities to identify failings of religion outside of Christianity, so I just want you to know that I'm not just singling your religion out on this one.

That's a pretty silly deflection, I asked a simple question and you as usual deflected it

Where in the New Testament are women treated as lesser to men

Anti up krazy or fall over

Get your best, I will shred anything, any silly, misunderstood portion of the NT you think you have
Women are equal to men in the NT

Back it up ur, well you know the rest

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Too easy. Here's a whole list of them.
New Testament: Women

This is a pretty big one:

Jesus says that divorce is permissible when the wife is guilty of fornication. But what if the husband is unfaithful? Jesus doesn't seem to care about that. 5:32, 19:9

5:32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, brings adultery upon her. And whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Too easy. Here's a whole list of them.
New Testament: Women

This is a pretty big one:

Jesus says that divorce is permissible when the wife is guilty of fornication. But what if the husband is unfaithful? Jesus doesn't seem to care about that. 5:32, 19:9

5:32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, brings adultery upon her. And whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Nothing more than I would expect, just more than I expected, out of context and structure

Please krazy, it's just crap and I have no intention of answering such childish drivel.

If you wanted the truth you would study why you have taken them out of context

As typical you, you just want to wallow in your chosen belief

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Of course not, because you know you were proven wrong and have no defense. Though I like how when passages in the bible are taken in a way Christians don't approve, it is "being taken out of context", but when it is justifying whatever dogma said Christians want to preach, then it is just their interpretation.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
THIS is why there would be a draft.www.philly.com...
Volunteers have free will that causes command issues.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Of course not, because you know you were proven wrong and have no defense. Though I like how when passages in the bible are taken in a way Christians don't approve, it is "being taken out of context", but when it is justifying whatever dogma said Christians want to preach, then it is just their interpretation.

Cool bro
Let's do it

One at a time

Tee off

Use your links, pun intended

GO for it
Here I am

If you are far more ..
Then your argument is better than mine
Let's go

Wher I am from you are pissing in the wind, meaning you are seeing on yourself, let's go

edit on 26-5-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Whatever happened to a man opening the car door for his partner? I never see it any more, and when I do I am sure to compliment the person doing it. I still do it, every single time. I get weird looks from other people when I do it, but I don't care. I think some young people think it's "sexist."

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hey guy. Learn to type. Stop abusing your enter key. It's crying out in pain right now.

Second, I proved my point several times over already, with the coup de grace being the last link with the list of misogynist passages. You've just said, "nope you're wrong. I'm right. Give me proof." to literally everything I've posted. So it's your turn. Prove that Christianity isn't misogynist. I've posted plenty of evidence in support of my conclusion, you've posted none.

I know you don't want to believe that your religion is as bad as it looks, but that's reality. You can go around believing that isn't the case all you want, but reality always wins in the end. The mere fact is that Christian dogma and teachings promote and facilitate misogyny, and that is something you first need to acknowledge then fix so that your religion can survive going forward. I really don't give a # if you admit to it or not. I'm already not a Christian because I don't believe that the religion can change enough to drop its dogma that keeps women down. So I don't care if you don't believe this. It's your religion, if you want it to die, keep dismissing my argument without bothering to check it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

One of the more funny myths that immigration haters always say is how immigrants are going to drastically alter the culture of the place they will move to to reflect where they came from. This is such a silly notion.

I think what bothers people is that over all of the history of immigration in the US only with the Mexican population did you start to have to select English when you call your bank. Concessions have been made in a big way instead of the immigrant being taught English and it feels wrong. No other population has been allowed drivers licences tests in their own language and welfare/medical care when illegal.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

a reply to: cavtrooper7

Whatever happened to a man opening the car door for his partner? I never see it any more, and when I do I am sure to compliment the person doing it. I still do it, every single time. I get weird looks from other people when I do it, but I don't care. I think some young people think it's "sexist."

I don't open doors for my wife ALL the time, but I do it often, I think it is a nice thing to do that shows caring.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

One of the more funny myths that immigration haters always say is how immigrants are going to drastically alter the culture of the place they will move to to reflect where they came from. This is such a silly notion.

I think what bothers people is that over all of the history of immigration in the US only with the Mexican population did you start to have to select English when you call your bank. Concessions have been made in a big way instead of the immigrant being taught English and it feels wrong. No other population has been allowed drivers licences tests in their own language and welfare/medical care when illegal.

Erm... the previous immigration boom happened before telephones were widespread enough for that to be an issue... Same thing for drivers licenses. So basically your argument is silly since there is no precedent to compare it to.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

I have been called sexist for holding open a door, for a young woman. Which was followed by misogynistic and abusive when I let the door go.

Just no winning.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Erm... the previous immigration boom happened before telephones were widespread enough for that to be an issue... Same thing for drivers licenses. So basically your argument is silly since there is no precedent to compare it to.

Silly is it, immigration in large numbers from all over the world has never stopped, we had policies, they learn English and pass tests on our government and social structure, it has only been waived for Mexicans. Even though

In 2014, approximately 79 percent (235.9 million) of the U.S. population* ages 5 and older reported speaking only English at home.
we still have to deal with spanish channels spanish messages in all public places, spanish signs and they don't have to comply.

In 2014, 1.3 million foreign-born individuals moved to the United States, an 11 percent increase from 1.2 million in 2013. India was the leading country of origin for new immigrants, with 147,500 arriving in 2014, followed by China with 131,800, Mexico with 130,000, Canada with 41,200, and the Philippines with 40,500.

www.migrationpolicy.org...
edit on 26-5-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Silly is it, immigration in large numbers from all over the world has never stopped, we had policies, they learn English and pass tests on our government and social structure, it has only been waived for Mexicans.

There are quite a few countries that practice this actually. In some parts of Canada you can press 2 for French.

Even though we still have to deal with spanish channels spanish messages in all public places, spanish signs and they don't have to comply.

You have to "deal" with Spanish channels? I don't know about you, but I just don't turn those channels on. No one is forcing you to watch or listen to them. Plus forcing foreigners to "comply" as you suggest is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

In 2014, 1.3 million foreign-born individuals moved to the United States, an 11 percent increase from 1.2 million in 2013. India was the leading country of origin for new immigrants, with 147,500 arriving in 2014, followed by China with 131,800, Mexico with 130,000, Canada with 41,200, and the Philippines with 40,500.

www.migrationpolicy.org...

So what? Why are you so up-in-arms about some people having a choice to speak their native language? How does it hurt YOU in any way to offer these services? For any services that offer a Spanish speaking option, is there not an English one as well? No. Then shutup. Your complaints are just whiny and intolerant.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Hey guy. Learn to type. Stop abusing your enter key. It's crying out in pain right now.

Second, I proved my point several times over already, with the coup de grace being the last link with the list of misogynist passages. You've just said, "nope you're wrong. I'm right. Give me proof." to literally everything I've posted. So it's your turn. Prove that Christianity isn't misogynist. I've posted plenty of evidence in support of my conclusion, you've posted none.

I know you don't want to believe that your religion is as bad as it looks, but that's reality. You can go around believing that isn't the case all you want, but reality always wins in the end. The mere fact is that Christian dogma and teachings promote and facilitate misogyny, and that is something you first need to acknowledge then fix so that your religion can survive going forward. I really don't give a # if you admit to it or not. I'm already not a Christian because I don't believe that the religion can change enough to drop its dogma that keeps women down. So I don't care if you don't believe this. It's your religion, if you want it to die, keep dismissing my argument without bothering to check it.

as per usual
Nothing

Just lots of talk
nothing valid

I would expect no less

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
If both men and women are working, that creates more tax money "for "the man".

Bingo! I knew there had to be something in it for "the man" and the man's war machine.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

There is a big need for a campaign like this in areas where women are oppressed, such as Saudi Arabia. In the USA, women have more than equal rights, and actually have many legal and social benefits above and beyond men.

If you can name one right that men have that women do not, I will go and sign the petition.

Until then, I will have great sympathy for the droves of women in the middle east that are truly being oppressed, and pray that the feminists in the USA will start focusing on that, instead of focusing on "Islamphobia."

As I stated previously, it is up to the men of oppressed cultures to step up and fight alongside their women to gain basic human rights and equality for all (including LGBT) because the power and control to change and enforce laws lies with men in their male-dominated patriarchial systems (as it was during the Suffragette movement in the West).
edit on 27-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join