It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autogynephilia: The Elephant in the Transgender Bathroom

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: DestroyDestroyDestroy

Oh right Modesty is so yesterday... Well if that were so then why don't transgender who haven't transitioned their sex organs just go in the bathroom with the guys instead of forcing all women to accept having guys in the bathroom ???????
Go on give me one reason

Because they are women? Because medical science and legal precedent recognizes the fact that Trans* women deserve to be treated as they perceive themselves? Because it's not medically possible (or desired) for every Trans* person to have massive surgeries?

Why can't people mind their own "business" in the bathroom and stop trying to have the government invade other people's pants? (or dresses, as the case may be.)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nothkng to say to you
The question was if modesty is so yesterday then why can't transgendered just suck it up like they are demanding everyone else do.
See you are just agitating for what you want regardless how it affects the rest of society. So much for the collective y'all keep screaming for.
edit on 24-5-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Oh right Modesty is so yesterday... Well if that were so then why don't transgender who haven't transitioned their sex organs just go in the bathroom with the guys instead of forcing all women to accept having guys in the bathroom ???????
Go on give me one reason

I'll give you one BECAUSE IT'S NOT RIGHT TO FORCE SOMEONE TO DO SOMETHING JUST TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER. Also how do you know who is in the stall next to you. It's not like they're asking you to watch. Unless,, that is you ARE looking under the wall because you like that kind of thing LOL. If it bothers you so much you have the right to NOT use the public bathroom. You do not, however, have the right to stop others from using it. That's why it's called a PUBLIC bathroom instead of YOUR bathroom.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Nothkng to say to you
The question was if modesty is so yesterday then why can't transgendered just suck it up like they are demanding everyone else do.
See you are just agitating for what you want regardless how it affects the rest of society. So much for the collective y'all keep screaming for.

Modesty isn't so yesterday. In fact there are several reasons for it. As cultural norm it comes from religion. Which not everybody adheres to.
The difference you have an issue with is that the trans kids take a beating for looking, acting, and being female or male.

So yeah modest people should have a special changing area where you can do so in private. Girls and boys both can go through awkward periods where they are very embarrassed about their bodies.

In my opinion and in tge case of some studies we nurture that embarrassment where as other cultures have a different way to deal with it. Especially when you grow up seeing naked people who don't all have the body of strippers or mma fighters in a non sexual way. People who have big ones and little ones etc.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yes. Jefferson was a Progressive of his time.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think I have a solution. Bathrooms just a non issue.

Changing rooms. Just have a modesty area where when you come out of the stall you are clothed and you never pass through the other section of the locker room. It can be closer to the door. Then we can see how many closet lesbians will complain they shouldn't have to do anything different as in I want to be able to get naked with girls and walk around in public showers.

Crass I know but I am boggled by the focus on safety then a solution is presented but no it's not OK because.....next new reason.

edit on 24-5-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Go on give me one reason

Because they are women? Because medical science and legal precedent recognizes the fact that Trans* women deserve to be treated as they perceive themselves? Because it's not medically possible (or desired) for every Trans* person to have massive surgeries?

Why can't people mind their own "business" in the bathroom and stop trying to have the government invade other people's pants? (or dresses, as the case may be.)
Yes gryphon why CANT they? I seem to recall someone saying here in one of these threads that it was the parents of transgender kids making all the fuss and trying to change things. Otherwise if they've been using the bathrooms all along then what's the big deal?
So that's your answer everyone els has to do all the sucking it up. Ok got it.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Changing rooms. Just have a modesty area where when you come out of the stall you are clothed and you never pass through the other section of the locker room. It can be closer to the door. Then we can see how many closet lesbians will complain they shouldn't have to do anything different as in I want to be able to get naked with girls and walk around in public showers.

Crass I know but I am boggled by the focus on safety then a solution is presented but no it's not OK because.....next new reason.
Ya know a transgender woman refused the single stall toilets so there's something else going on here. I wonder what it could be....well i know what it is it's activism .

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Go on give me one reason

Yes gryphon why CANT they? I seem to recall someone saying here in one of these threads that it was the parents of transgender kids making all the fuss and trying to change things. Otherwise if they've been using the bathrooms all along then what's the big deal?

Adults.

Obviously not all areas of the country. Ironically the areas with severe racial problems are also having trans issues. Hmmm

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Rather it was the Conservative parents that were just too offended to let John be Jane or Jane be John.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Right the danger is so real. More propaganda and spreading fear. What a bunch of crap.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Ya know a transgender woman refused the single stall toilets so there's something else going on here. I wonder what it could be....well i know what it is it's activism .

Your right. There is some of that and it's a push back from discrimination. Same as the every community being discriminated on. Everything at USC for instance is about racism. Even though not everything is. That doesn't mean things are not either.

So yes you are right on some levels just like in spit of the moment arguments the level of anger continues passed the "appropriate" time.

The thing I don't get is why you don't understand the trans kids are real targets. As are the adults. Sure a unisex single stall for modest people worried about safety with a lock makes perfect sense. For others who are not afraid use the everyone bathroom or when it's late you can use the single occupancy bathroom. Thats a lot like some European areas.

Hows that. Is that OK or do we still need to bash the trans community?
edit on 24-5-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Boadicea

Right the danger is so real. More propaganda and spreading fear. What a bunch of crap.

It's just another case of the often fatal disease of pseudochristoheterostupidity. Unfortunately it seems very contagious

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I hate to say it but, wrong again... Those parents aren't trying to change the bathrooms they're trying to change the way their kids are treated when they use a bathroom. In other words telling those closed minded, stuck-up, snob, my kids better than yours parents to leave them alone and let them pee in peace. You know the same way you expect others to treat your kid. A transgender child or adult has just as much right to NOT pee their pants trying to get home in time as you do. If you can't see that then remember that closed minded, stuck-up, snob, my kids better than your people that I mentioned,,,,,, GUESS WHAT LOLOLOLOLOLOL

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

As it was pointed out early by another member. Men who dress as women for sexual gratification like to be controlled and aren't the dominant type. They do not fit the profile of a sex offender.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

No, the school had no problem with the trans kid going to the bathroom of his affirmed gender, the other kids had no problem with it - there were no issues. It was when the parents of the other kids found out about it that they threw a fit.
edit on 24-5-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

As it was pointed out early by another member. Men who dress as women for sexual gratification like to be controlled and aren't the dominant type. They do not fit the profile of a sex offender.

Yes, dominant and submissive is a big sexual kink.

Yes, even hetero men who dress as women tend to like to be disciplined for it by dominant women (ie dominatrix)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Well some sociology would tell you why mixed with psychology and anthro.

My wife is Polish. I have spent years in Europe as well. Poland doesn't have unisex bathrooms. Paris. Everywhere. Germany many places I went. Italy. Lots of places. Spain I drank to much and don't remember much accept the tapas is San sabastion is worth selling all my things right now and moving.

So let's compromise make unisex bathrooms with female only areas. Except what are you going to do check for trans women? Its possible you already peed right next to a trans woman and you lived to see another day.

Oh I probably have. I don't mind peeing next to a trans woman. How many times and how many different ways do I have to say that isn't the issue? In fact, that isn't the issue for most people that are uncomfortable with this. I know that you really, REALLY want it to be, because then yeah... You're right we're that's awful and unfair. I understand that you are invested in everyone who opposes this being some trans hating bigot, but it's just not the case no matter how many times you repeat it and try to conflate an assumed bigotry with a genuine fear of sexual predators (that are probably, not trans BTW. There I explained it AGAIN). It is a dishonest tactic.

I have to go see a lady about a horse, so I'm out for a while.

Or I have worked with trans kids in antibullying programs and I am more concerned with them than adults that can make decisions for themselves. Two years ago I taught a kid who was blinded in one eye from being punched in the head and having her orbital collapse into her eye socket.

So yeah it's an issue for me. Even as a strait guy with three kids. Two of them girls.

You know I get that, and honestly that's awesome. But maybe you should work with some girls that have been sexually assaulted too. You seem to have zero empathy and understanding for girls and women in that situation and frankly, you come across as callous and... kind of a bully, which is ironic. This is not a cut and dried situation, somebody loses here the way things are headed which is sad and scary. But to be honest it seems to me that the members of the trans community that are vocal about this and their supporters are not willing to compromise at all and are belligerent, dismissive and divorced from reality. And having said that I should probably try to spend more real life time with transsexuals, although, that is surprisingly difficult to do in Montana.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Right and if anyone would actually look at the numbers of men who commit sex crimes you will find that this whole OP is full of it. How many woman who have been sexually assaulted by men in women's clothing ?
edit on 24-5-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA
I asked a civil question . I thought all the statists are for collective rights what's right for the majority. At best this is radical social engineering and you are part of it. Cultural Marxism . Radical social justice warriors always know what's right don't they and always resort to extreme name calling intimidation. I see right through you.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join