It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post Poll: Trump 46%, Clinton 44%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

At this point, the two candidates are in a statistical dead heat among registered voters, with Trump favored by 46 percent and Clinton favored by 44 percent. That represents an 11-point shift toward the presumptive Republican nominee since March. Among all adults, Clinton holds a six-point lead (48 percent to 42 percent), down from 18 points in March.
Poll: Election 2016 shapes up as a contest of negatives

Most may have been able to ignore it when Fox News found Trump ahead. Now we've got a news outlet famous for its liberal bias reporting it.

I believe the VP selection could swing everything toward Trump in a big way if he picks a woman. I like how Scott Adams put it.

Now imagine Clinton and Trump selecting VPs. If Clinton picks a woman, she overplays the woman card to destruction. If she selects a beta male, it will seem cringeworthy to the sexist public. If she selects an alpha male it will annoy her base without gaining a single vote. Clinton loses on every path.

Meanwhile, Trump can pick a man or a woman and it will look natural. No VP will overshadow Trump’s energy. All he needs is a running mate that is competent and a little bit interesting.
Evaluating the Political Chess Board

I believe Trump needs a woman as his VP selection badly as I wrote about below. He's seen as sexist now and he needs more of the woman vote to assure the win.

Trump/Fallin = Ventura/Schunk on a national scale?
edit on 22-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I believe Trump needs a woman as his VP selection badly as I wrote about below. He's seen as sexist now and he needs more of the woman vote to assure the win.

What a great plan...because women are so stupid they won't see this as pandering and manipulative by the Trump campaign.

Donald is creepy and lost the women's vote...he needs to win back the minorities somehow.

But Trump pandering to the Hispanics by eating a Taco salad...that was a pure stroke of genius and has Latinos standing in line to give Trump their support.

edit on 22-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The candidate that can't win, wins. A true American story eh?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Win? It's a fluctuation in polls fcs. He has 7 months to go until he faces the true test of his campaign. I don't even think he can make it to the convention.

Being ahead of Clinton isn't saying much.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Now that we're talking about polls....Trump needs to be concerned about Bernie.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

elections.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Win? It's a fluctuation in polls fcs. He has 7 months to go until he faces the true test of his campaign. I don't even think he can make it to the convention.

What would it take for the doubters to see what is happening?

Trump destroyed a gaggle of of NEOCONS with little money spent in comparison to Hillary. Can't wait to see what happens.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: olaru12

What would it take for the doubters to see what is happening?

Trump destroyed a gaggle of of NEOCONS with little money spent in comparison to Hillary. Can't wait to see what happens.

I'm not saying Trump can't pull it off, but I think the odds are against him. But he has pissedoff the Neocons and don't discount the evil they control. If they decide to dump Trump...he's dumped. Compared to the neocons; Trump is a light weight.

best show in town, but it's just not the same without Sarah....!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

These polls are interesting and they are a general indicator, but the only polls that I'll be interested in are the ones a week before the election and the polls that sweaty girls dance around.

But this is good to see.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This really opens the door
for the Bernie ... no?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
This really opens the door
for the Bernie ... no?

Maybe....You can bet the DNC is having some latenite strategy sessions. And if Trump had any sense he should be doing some serious evaluation instead of "tweeting" ....this is the wrong way to use social media; targeting to just conservatives won't win any converts.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Not sure if I'm looking at the right poll.

The poll in your link shows Trump and Clinton tied for "unfavorable" at 57% each.

Also shows Trump trailing Hillary 41 to 40 favorable.

Poll: Election 2016 shapes up as a contest of negatives

ETA: I see, its further down in the article.

At this point, the two candidates are in a statistical dead heat among registered voters, with Trump favored by 46 percent and Clinton favored by 44 percent. That represents an 11-point shift toward the presumptive Republican nominee since March. Among all adults, Clinton holds a six-point lead (48 percent to 42 percent), down from 18 points in March.

So Trump is doing better among registered voters but behind all adults in general...

Regardless, its undeniable that Trump's numbers have been steadily improving.

Race to the bottom in this election.

edit on 22-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Now that we're talking about polls....Trump needs to be concerned about Bernie.

Not really.

If Hillary clinches the nod prior to Convention (which seems likely), no worry at all. (and most Bernie supporters have no love for the Donald)...

As for women and minority voters. Picking one (or both) as a VP pick would simply be seen as pandering.

Here's the thing...he doesn't NEED to get more of these voters....so he's better off not going this route.

edit on 23-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join