It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREXIT: the full movie. Why England MUST vote to leave the EU.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Greece did a lot of things wrong, the necessary reforms are deeper and need to be disciplinarily employed, Greece didnt do it before, now has the double pain. But the way the European Union passed over a countries soveriegnity, mocked them even, thats not the way!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Resistance is Futile . we are BORG E.U. , You will All Be Assimilated .

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
a reply to: Substracto

I saw a homemade doco years ago about how the IMF financially 'gangstered' Jamaica into submission, just as they did to Greece, ruining the country. Now the IMF are out in force 'demanding' the British vote to stay IN.

The IMF bailed us out in the 1970's. They don't have the financial muscles to do it again.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Substracto
The moment I saw how Greece was treated, I realized the tip of the scam...

How was Greece treated? The amount of cash thrown at Greece by the EU is crazy. If anything, Greece should have been allowed to return to the third world. Greece is now the main receiver of EU money, that is to say, the UK tax-payer is now funding Greek folly.

Only with petty money. The remainder comes from elsewhere.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: moniker

a reply to: uncommitted

That BBC piece, the answer they give is that the UK has an ability to affect the legislation through our MEP's

Which is a bit shady, don't you think? Since we have, what, 8% or so of MEP's in the parliament?

We have 9.72%. Unfortunately, since the Conservatives decided to leave the EPP, the largest party grouping in the EU Parliament, we are no longer affiliated with a majority. That is not the fault of the EU; it is entirely self-inflicted.

Amounts to the same thing though, doesn't it? You'd think we'd be getting more democracy after the cold war, not less.

It doesn't, and compared to the alternative, which is 0%, it is more.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

That BBC piece, the answer they give is that the UK has an ability to affect the legislation through our MEP's

Which is a bit shady, don't you think? Since we have, what, 8% or so of MEP's in the parliament?

We have 9.72%. Unfortunately, since the Conservatives decided to leave the EPP, the largest party grouping in the EU Parliament, we are no longer affiliated with a majority. That is not the fault of the EU; it is entirely self-inflicted.

Amounts to the same thing though, doesn't it? You'd think we'd be getting more democracy after the cold war, not less.

It doesn't, and compared to the alternative, which is 0%, it is more.

The alternative being what? Electing people who make the laws then have to stand for re election 4 or 5 years later? If you don't regard that as more democratic than never being able to vote a lawmaker out of office, then I'd be interested to know why you think that.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
The EU gives a lot of protection to ordinary people that would be lost if we left.
This is a main reason why many billionaires are pushing this brexit nonsense.
They want to scrap the European human rights act and make the workers even poorer than they already are.

Sorry, but what? How is the European Arrest warrant protecting us? You can now be deported and held without trial for as long as a foreign government wants to keep you. The Human rights organisation reckons it is more draconian than even the US UK arrangement that led to the Gary Mckinnon story. www.theguardian.com...

Employment protection perhaps? Items 2 and 3 ought to open your eyes in this regard. www.rmt.org.uk...

Maintaining our right to a free education and healthcare? TTIP will soon see an end to that. fullfact.org...

It may also interest you to know that TTIP contains more draconian anti privacy clauses in the name of protecting intellectual property rights.. www.ethicalconsumer.org...

Couple these things with the fact that you cannot vote out of office an EU minister responsible for drafting laws, nor have access to undoctored minutes of council meetings to see what was really said, by whom and it's hard to see just what freedoms the EU are guaranteeing for us, the ordinary people in the street.
edit on 08pWed, 25 May 2016 06:48:08 -050020162016-05-25T06:48:08-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
A little help please?

I'm just starting to gen up on this so I can cast an informed vote when the time comes. The brexit movie is the first video I've seen and it has some compelling arguments for leaving.

I'm certainly not going to base my decision on one video from one side.

So far I've heard plenty about why it's good to leave and why it's bad to leave. I've not heard much about why it's good to stay.

Can anyone recommend a good video from the stay camp that isn't full of scaremongering?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinimark
Can anyone recommend a good video from the stay camp that isn't full of scaremongering?

Good luck with that.
I have been asking for months for a strong positive reason for staying in the EU.
No one has yet.

It would be easier if you let us know your most important political and non-political views/issues.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty

It would be easier if you let us know your most important political and non-political views/issues.

I'm personally not affected by immigration. I do have a problem with the massive net membership fee.

We have been in the EU for most of my adult life, I worked hard and have a happy life (mostly). But I can see where being in the EU has damaged some of our industry.

I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where leaving or staying probably won't have too much direct affect on my daily life so I'm mostly interested in what's best for my country our people as a whole.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where leaving or staying probably won't have too much direct affect on my daily life so I'm mostly interested in what's best for my country our people as a whole.

I would then look at the Democratic argument.
I personally believe the EU is not only undemocratic, it is fundamentally anti-democratic.
The EU has ignored all the various referendums held throughout Europe.

At least we can vote in and out our own government, you can't do that with the EU commissioners who have the sole right to create, amend and repeal legislation. And they don't do in the interests of the peoples of Europe, they do it in the interests of the concept of 'ever expanding Union' and the thousands of lobbyists from big corporations and capital.

Are you much of a skeptic? because in my opinion this referendum is the PEOPLE vs ESTABLISHMENT

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Shuye
surely referendums are rigged as elections...

How can you rig an election in the UK? Too many checks and balances. Too many people involved. People who cry about losing a vote sometimes make accusations about voting fraud, like the Scottish nationalists. Such accusations are unproven. The UK is not Russia! Anyway, in your own words...

To the OP. Although I have yet to make up my mind, I will make one observation of the video and a recurrent claim of those wishing to leave the EU. It is this...

Outside of the EU the economy of the UK will grow, grow and grow. The UK will break free from the economic shackles. Yet, the UK will also slash immigration. Where will the workforce come from to support such untapped economic growth?

They rig elections by using postal votes. They did this in the 1945 election by encouraging the armed forces to vote who had not yet returned home to Britain.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: elysiumfire

The thing is, a conspiracy on the levels that you suggest would involve so many people that evidence of the conspiracy would quickly leak into the public domain.

If that ever happens then there will indeed likely be a public uprising.

I firmly believe that there is some sort of elite who try to control every aspect of British society and they have a vice like grip on all the senior positions within Parliament / Civil Service / Judiciary / Armed Services / Police and even MSM.

But does that level of control enable them to rig something on this sort of level?

I'm not too sure.

I understand that they are trying everything possible to manipulate and condition public opinion, but actual physical vote rigging MAY be a bit of a stretch.

As I said in reply to another similiar comment: they can rig elections using postal votes.

They are asking millions of ex-pats to vote by post. They only need to control the department who receives that post.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Keep an eye on this Guy and his Company IDOX. Tory MP Peter Lilley.

Mr Lilley and IDOX will be the difference between in or out. Regardless how we vote.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

You really do sound like your avatar looks don't you? I'm still on the fence because frankly I don't buy into rhetoric that you do. Let me give you an example -

"There is no evidence, none, nada, zero, zilch evidence that being a member of the E.U has any economic benefits to the U.K, so the absolute bollocks being bandied about by your mate Cameron and his weasel Osborne cannot be ratified. "

Given I don't know either of them you again look to score some very strange points by suggesting that because I don't agree with you, I must agree with them. Grow up.

It's a given the EU is our largest trading partner and there is as of yet any evidence to show dealing with the EU while outside of it would be economically advantageous to us unless you agree with your new mate (lol) Boris.

Mate, either grow a pair or stay out of it. You come across as a child even though you pertain not to be.

I'll vote for whoever has the most compelling vote by June 22nd. Glad to see you've made your mind up based on your own little mindset - well done, good luck. Why do some people think attacking the player not the ball is the answer here - never actually had any balls? Maybe.

I understand your frustration at being bombarded with arguments from both sides. All I know is this: back in 2010, I was working in Lisbon when the Lisbon Treaty was ratified. The Lisbon Treaty is a reform treaty that changes the EU Constitution. It was big news there as their Prime Minister, Durao Barroso, actually gave up his position to work in the EU Commission. I was teaching English to the lawyers who were trying to understand the new laws. They were mystified by how pedantic the new laws were, such as, how many windows and chairs certain buildings must have. There was also talk about how the treaty enforces a new EU army and EU anthem (Ode to Joy) and how countries "must" fly the EU flag.

I was intrigued and looked forward to an explanation and debates on the treaty coming up in British media so I could understand it better - but to my surprise, there was nothing. The British tv and newspapers gave it very little attention. In Europe there were countries, such as the Czech Republic, which were up in arms about how much sovereignty they would be giving up, yet over here in the UK, Gordon Brown signed it without giving the British a referendum on it. As I remember, this was about the time that Gordon Brown sold a huge amount of the British gold reserves.

Some countries, such as Ireland, put it to a referendum and their people said no. So these countries were given "breathing time" of a year or two and forced to put it to a referendum again! During this time, the EU researched the certain sectors of the population who had voted no and spent millions on propaganda directed at these sectors. The EU would not allow a no vote and persisted until these countries finally agreed. There was much intimidation at this time, countries were being told to fly the EU flag. I remember the Czech President complaining that EU officials had literally thrown the flag on his desk and told him to fly it.

All this frightened me and I rode to England on my motorbike to raise awareness of the Lisbon Treaty. I remember speaking to a traffic officer and he saw the stickers on my bike and jacket and he asked, "What is the Lisbon Treaty? Is it a Portuguese biker gang?". Nobody in England seemed to know anything about it at all!

That the EU has tried to cover up information about the Lisbon Treaty and even forced its ratification upon countries, has left no doubt in my mind that it is not only undemocratic and leaves populations with no choice at all but is also an insidious organisation and I will be voting against it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rottensociety

Great comments!

How many anti-democracy acts can the EU get away with until the people finally start waking up in mass?

The EU ignored referendums on the EU constitution by re-branding it the Lisbon Treaty.
The EU ignored the Greek referendum that overwhelmingly rejected the bailout/austerity package.
The EU have stolen money from people bank account in Cyprus.
The EU is demanding that each member state takes their fair share of refugees.
The EU are continually imposing (sometimes ludicrous) laws and regulations onto us with no mandate.

I'm sure there are many more examples too.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

I think the EU Constitution was ruined by the Lisbon Treaty which reformed it, not "re-branded" it as you say.

It is the Lisbon Treaty that we need a referendum on. I believe that the media has twisted this into an "in" or "out" campaign when actually this referendum comes from those who have been fighting for a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty ever since Gordon Brown signed it in 2010. The truth is that we want to vote about the conditions by which we are in Europe.

One example of the new conditions imposed by the Lisbon Treaty is that Britain gives up its army in favour of the EU army. Now Britain has the best trained Navy and army in the world! We would be mad to give it up. Notice that the secret talks about the new EU army have been delayed until after our referendum:

www.theguardian.com...

Today I heard on the news that the "Stay" campaign are saying we could lose Gibralter if we leave the EU. I believe the opposite is true. If we have no army to defend Gibralter, it will be up to the EU army to defend it. Therefore Gibralter will become more beholden to the EU than to Britain.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
BRITAIN + EXIT = BREXIT.

I have not yet had a chance to watch the entire film but in just the first few minutes, a strong case is made as to why the British people must vote to leave the EU.

Make no mistake about it, an invention of the Rothschild banksters in conjunction with the Bilderbergers, the EU is a model for global governance.

TPTB want to erase borders, destroy sovereignty and do away with individual nations and individual liberties.

In the beginning of the video they say that this is the only chance that the UK has to leave. I was under the impression that this was a referendum and that a referendum can be reintroduced but if what hes saying is true, then its even MORE important to leave the EU now.

You'll always have the opportunity to be re-assimilated but you can never leave...

As the film points out:

"The EU is heaven for a bureaucrat/politician, because its power without direct accountability".

"It was devised to ensure that the great mass of the people could not control government ever again".

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Most of my relatives if not all, will be voting to Exit. I think it's time Britain kicked Europe to the Curb.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: rottensociety

Sorry, but I was well aware of the Lisbon treaty at the time, it was also in the newspapers and on TV - hardly treated like a celebrity wedding, but to suggest it got zero news space is plain wrong.

BTW, it's facts from the Leave campaign - you know, real facts that can be reviewed and balanced that I have not seen, not the remain camp.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join