It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many parents give new mind-boggling report cards an F

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Another shining example of ultra micro-management in action.

Here we have standard report cards getting "replaced" by pages and pages of mumbo jumbo that appears to dilute the grading system with something more complex yet very confusing and possibly some equalizing.

What will they think of next?

Looks like the centralizing of Common Core.

Many parents give new mind-boggling report cards an F

As a lawyer, Dennis Weldon has to make sense of tortuous legal papers. But a year ago, the Plumstead Township resident opened a nine-page document that left him flummoxed.

It was his child's report card from Gayman Elementary School in the Central Bucks School District.

Gone was the traditional A-B-C-D-F report from the teacher. Instead, parents were sent to their computers to click open a nine-page digital document with row after row of learning standards and success indicators for specific reading or math skills. Grades ranged from a high of E (exceeding standards), through M (meeting standards) and A (approaching standards), down to LP (limited progress).

Confusion gets an A+

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I saw the new report cards and thought they were retarded. I don't know why they had to change them. Then again, in a world where 2+2=5, I guess it makes sense.

link   

Does the new "F" stand for "Fabulous" ?? < eye roll >

link   

From your source.

The district has posted a 10-page handbook and seven videos on its website on how to interpret the evaluations, introduced in 2014 and used only in the elementary schools.

I wonder how much it cost to come up with this new system?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
xuenchen

One step closer to the Dystopian Nightmare. Everyday I wake, and one step closer.

😟

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

No doubt a few billion.

I mean look they spent $2 billion on a stupid webiste with obamacare!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

From your source.

The district has posted a 10-page handbook and seven videos on its website on how to interpret the evaluations, introduced in 2014 and used only in the elementary schools.

Sounds like a crony bidding system.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
xuenchen

One step closer to the Dystopian Nightmare. Everyday I wake, and one step closer.

😟

1984 and Max Headroom combined !!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I wonder how long it takes teachers to fill them out for each kid. That has to be a nightmare too.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: seeker1963

I wonder how long it takes teachers to fill them out for each kid. That has to be a nightmare too.

I read the whole article being it is in my state this article mentions and it seems full of Orwellian double speak.
Have you notice in todays world it takes multiple pages to explain a simple concept, where back in the day a well constructed sentence was sufficient?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hey mom and dad, look at my new report card…. here, you figure it out.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Hey mom and dad, look at my new report card…. here, you figure it out.

So uh, did I pass? lol

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
ketsuko

Don't be silly, the computers do it all.

😝

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The other thing in the article is that now people have trouble telling how well their kids are doing. How can you demand high performance and value education if you can't tell where you child is doing well and where they need to do better?

Hello, dumbing down of the American mind.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I would make the FTW honor roll.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

You can sit next to me in detention, Brotherman used to roll into Dhall and grab the tv remote off the proctors desk and turn on the tv for detention. The proctor always thought I was a good kid anyways, she didn't care what I did lol

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I saw the new report cards and thought they were retarded. I don't know why they had to change them. Then again, in a world where 2+2=5, I guess it makes sense.

Is that a 1984 reference? Very good!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
-The district has posted a 10-page handbook and seven videos on its website on how to interpret the evaluations, introduced in 2014 and used only in the elementary schools.-

10 pages and 7 videos to decipher a report card?
Are we scared to hurt a kids feelings and send them home with an F now?

Bring on the aliens already, let's get this sh*t over with.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Parents ought to be concerned with their child's education and performance in school.

To hear them bitching that it's not simply boiled down to easy-for-them-to-intellectually-digest A thru F letter grade system from 100 years ago isn't drawing much sympathy from me.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Parents ought to be concerned with their child's education and performance in school.

To hear them bitching that it's not simply boiled down to easy-for-them-to-intellectually-digest A thru F letter grade system from 100 years ago isn't drawing much sympathy from me.

Test grades usually give a good indicator without needing to undergo report card training.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join