It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is YouTube just as bad for people as television?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Is it as bad as TV?

I would say it has the potential to be. Sometimes I go onto YouTube and end up "channel hopping", just going from one link to the next, in much the same way I used to on tv.

The one good thing though about YouTube is choice - you choose what you watch when, you do not have to sit in front of a screen at 7.30 to watch a show.
(I have not had/owned a tv for a long time now, so may be out of touch with the changes in technology, and the ability to record/save etc shows on tv, eg TiVo etc so feel free to educate me.)

YouTube is useful, as people have pointed out for the user driven content and tutorials, but that means sadly that sometimes you have to wade through rubbish to find good content.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If one were to use it similar as to watching TV, in a near vegetative state, then yes. If not, then all the better as there's much to offer. Same can be said for the internet as a whole.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Depends on what you choose to watch,what you spend your valuable time on,just like with anything else.We use our tv as a screen for the PS games my husband and son plays,it's not connected to the broadcasting.When i still watched tv it was mostly cooking and nature shows,sometimes a series like Supernatural.But YT is nice because one can listen to Audiobooks while one works,or intetesting doccies on metaphysical subjects-and i love Creepypastas

<< 1   >>

join