It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: Trump is in the pocket of the gun lobby

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton on Saturday slammed Republican rival Donald Trump as a politician beholden to the gun lobby and said a Trump presidency would mean "more kids at risk of violence and bigotry."

Clinton's comments, which came at the Trayvon Martin Foundation's third annual "Circle of Mothers" meeting, came a day after Trump used a speech at a National Rifle Association convention to blast Clinton as ill-prepared for the presidency and to falsely claim that Clinton "wants to abolish the Second Amendment."

It seems to me that the above will not bother virtually anyone who's likely to vote for Trump. In fact, I would imagine the vast majority of them would see it as reassuring news. As a supporter of the second amendment, I do.

All of this brings up an excellent point, where does Clinton attack Trump without coming off as hypocritical?

Clinton is known to be in the pocket of many different interest groups. So, if she's attacking others for it, it just makes her look like a hypocrite.

Trump's reply to this is easy. He can say that he agrees with the NRA's position and move right on. Most of his supporters won't blink an eye.

Clinton is apparently trying to woo liberals who are considering Trump IMHO. That's a sign to me that such a thing is a concern for her campaign.

"As long as children anywhere are being killed by gun violence, we will keep fighting for our kids, because they deserve a president who stands up for them and stands with the mothers here. Their lives are valuable."

HILLARY CLINTON’S STEADFAST SUPPORT OF ISRAEL

Israel: Security Forces Abuse Palestinian Children

Former Israeli soldiers disclose routine mistreatment of Palestinian children

Palestinian children tortured, used as shields by Israel: U.N.
edit on 22-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Isn't that an insult to liberals?

Unless liberals don't believe in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, that is.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

No hes not.

Him standing in front of the NRA acting as though he's pro-gun was a complete joke.

Trump has slammed the NRA and agreed with Clinton's "Assault" Weapons Ban.

The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.

- Trump, From The America We Deserve, page 102

Dont even get me started on the Judas goat NRA.

They have a well established history of supporting gun control, even having written some of the worst anti-gun legislation.

The fact, the undeniable fact is that Trump has been a lifelong Liberal.

Its not up for debate, its not a question, its an absolute fact.

His liberalism is so ingrained in him, he cant stop himself from praising Obamacare and abortion, even to this day when he's trying to convince people that he's a conservative!

Donald Trump is remaining firm on a sticking point for many Republican voters — government-funded health care for all.

GOP debate: Donald Trump defends Planned Parenthood a second time.

He isnt a fan of illegal immigration (cant blame him there) but then he also buys into the 9/11 OS and the anti-Moslem propaganda...

Other than these two issues, he endorses every other liberal policy, its anyone's guess as to what hes going to do.

I wish I was a Liberal, whether its Hillary or Trump, the Left cant lose.

a reply to: Tiamat384

Thats true, people are allowed to change their minds but his liberal views have not changed over the years. Hes still praising the building blocks of Liberalism: government run mandated health care and planned parenthood.

As somewhat educated people we would normally say that there are two choices:

He's done a complete reversal of who he was over the past 15 years.

Or he's lying to get elected.

Actually, we cant even say that he's done a complete reversal, because he's still endorsing his Liberal views.

Donald Trump is remaining firm on a sticking point for many Republican voters — government-funded health care for all.

GOP debate: Donald Trump defends Planned Parenthood a second time.

So the only logical conclusion is that he's lying to get elected and doing a horrible job of it.

edit on 22-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Isnt that outdated? LOL. 2000. People's minds alter. Doesnt he have a newer book?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Democrats are so hyped on this word "dangerous" now. Tying it with Trump is the latest.

"Danger"?? Like all the gun free zones where psycho killers know they can prey on people and make it a turkey shoot? All the gun laws which make not one bit of difference to the lawless, or people that never even popped up on any registry in the first place, or never used ILLEGAL weapons to kill?

And what is meant by "in the pocket'? There has to be money involved. The article, nor Hillarys words showed where any money was involved.

He got an ENDORSEMENT, just two days ago.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Isn't that an insult to liberals? Unless liberals don't believe in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, that is.

Yes because not supporting the NRA is the same as wanting to ban guns. You better make sure you say some nice things about Al Sharpton or I'm going to have to infer that you hate black people.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

The "Circle of Mothers" causes you to cement your vote for Trump or you think it may cause others to'? Not a chance.

"NEVER TRUMP" are my last words on that. At this point, Hillary Clinton could walk into my home and dump a can of paint on me. I would still NEVER vote for Trump, if it came down to the two.
edit on 22-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Never said NRA, I was speaking of the 2nd Amendment.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Isn't that an insult to liberals? Unless liberals don't believe in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, that is.

Yes because not supporting the NRA is the same as wanting to ban guns. You better make sure you say some nice things about Al Sharpton or I'm going to have to infer that you hate black people.

You should run for office.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I think he is.

Hillary?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Even if none of us want her to win...The low information people and low world politics information people want Trump. The people that only want a woman as President, no matter who it is, want Clinton.

I want Bernie Sanders, and some say I am intelligent. I would have settled for Lyndsey Graham or Rand Paul.

But, we will get Cinton. People better be prepared. I will try to soften the blow now.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think he is.

Hillary?

No. theantediluvian should.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'm hoping for Trump. Never Clinton or sanders.
edit on 22-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I want Bernie Sanders, and some say I am intelligent.

Contradiction in terms...

One cancels out the other.
edit on 367am3102America/Chicago15CDT02America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton...slammed Republican rival Donald Trump as

Trump used a speech ..to blast Clinton as

This will never get boring. Screw domestic and foreign policies, the next 6+ months is going to be so much more enlightening if they remain focused on each other instead of relevant issues.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Even if none of us want her to win...The low information people and low world politics information people want Trump. The people that only want a woman as President, no matter who it is, want Clinton.

I want Bernie Sanders, and some say I am intelligent. I would have settled for Lyndsey Graham or Rand Paul.

But, we will get Cinton. People better be prepared. I will try to soften the blow now.

I voted for Bernie but there is no way I could vote for clinton. She's sunk thr democratic party and come November Trump will be president. I know several people that can't bring themselves to vote for her and thr funny part is we all have different reasons. That's what happens when you have more skeletons in your closet then thr local morgue.Bernie would have won but politics has taken that away I won't say she cheated I'll say she used her contacts and influence to win. But I guess that's politics and that's why trump will win.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

edit on 5/22/16 by Gothmog because: replied to wrong post

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
All anti Trump Supporters are beginning to look like Hillary Clinton. Literally, like they may as well wear masks with Hillarys faces on it like the Anonymous mask revolution.

now im cry laffing..
sorry every visual to me these days is a cartoon

I know Trump will win, imperfect, flaws and all. I just think the other candidates are complete establishment twats.
edit on 5/22/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
All anti Trump Supporters are beginning to look like Hillary Clinton. Literally, like they may as well wear masks with Hillarys faces on it like the Anonymous mask revolution.

now im cry laffing..
sorry every visual to me these days is a cartoon

I know Trump will win, imperfect, flaws and all. I just think the other candidates are complete establishment twats.

What's your opinion of this cartoon?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Second! And as much as i hate to say it, even Bernie Sanders or as i call him BS,(The guy who thinks White People don't know what it's like to be poor) ahem, would probably fare better than her, but only by a about an inch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join