It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when Santa Claus was real? He's not, MANDELA AF Effect

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Domo1

Actually, it also has a hint of special snowflake.

"The world has changed around us." Or, "We are not originally from your world."

Yes, this "Mandela" garbage breeds narcissism and neurosis. It's damaging to mentally unstable people who might be on the edge already.

Americans are already horrible at world geography. What's more realistic, that some ignorant American can't remember a world map, or that the timeline has changed and only a select few (including them) were unaffected?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
Reality has nothing to do with it.
'Cuz reality is all in the mind.

Oh, wait. That would mean the Mandela affect is...

Never mind.

edit on 5/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I once responded to a thread in the paranormal forums. The thread topic was about a Smart phone APP (at that time sort of relatively newish stuff). The app claimed it was able to record audio of ghosts. It was a app version of i think the so called "Ghost box" (it was in 2011 on a old acount so my memory may be a bit faded).

I noticed it and decided to check back on the thread from time to time because things like this always peak my interest. Not so much in the topic but how people end up responding to it as a whole. As expected some astounding responses and ideas were thrown around about it from the first response in that thread on and it never ceases to amaze me even today. Immediately it was adviced not to dabble with the phone app as it would be potentially able to open portals to other dimensions and give demons access to you and a slew of post after that followed in agreement ,the kind of group behavior and agreement you often see when it comes to shared ideals and believes.

I thought about this for a bit before i responded and then , IT HIT ME. I declared my astonishment and followed it up with "Sometimes i am starting to think that you people are roleplaying all of this because you cannot seriously tell me that you believe that even a smartphone app is able to open ghostly portals" i possibly paraphrased myself a bit here. Since that day i staunchly believe this is the case in most of these threads. It is much the same behavior most of us exhibited when we were small imaginative children where we would even believe our own amazing stories and lies that we conjured up essentially for our own entertainment and attention and pat each other in the back for "knowing" and being part of it and the story. Dont we all recognize how as little children we at times together with our friends pretended to be in danger or collectively made up a story about all having seen a ghost and all telling and perpetuating the same story as best as we could. I think most people will recognize this.

Some people if you ask me still have a need for this and will latch on to any such claim with the greatest ease. Others who still have it imo become capable novel writers

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 22 May 2016 22:19:52 -05001620165America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Reality has nothing to do with it.
'Cuz reality is all in the mind.

Oh, wait. That would mean the Mandela affect is...

Never mind.

That was very funny and very much to the point ^ ^

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider
I can't help but judge people that say "I could care less.", or "supposably". Things like that. I mean I know that the education system in America is crap but I mean c'mon!

my pet peeve is people who say irregardless......

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a good sense of humor helps to deal with the quirky conversations about this kind of things. unfortunately i myself and others are not always in good humor and say and write things that lead to dead ends with no creative spark.
but some seem to be always in a good humor which is nice.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yes, this "Mandela" garbage breeds narcissism

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

Oh wait, "Magic mirror..........."

It's damaging to mentally unstable people who might be on the edge already.

If this is, then you could say ATS in general is and has always been. But I get it what you are trying to say, people are mentally unstable.

edit on 23-5-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I remember a politician speaking the truth one day, forget it was the Mandela effect.

edit on 23-5-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I wonder if Nelson Mandela knew about the Mandela Effect before he passed away, I mean the real time he died fairly recently.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

I always thought you were a Dutch Master Chef but now your a chief? I liked the other timeline where you were trying to spice up the bland dutch cuisine.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This mofo got nothing but coal in his stocking!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

No you are the only kook here.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Well in lieu of actual proof we substitute the word belief. It works better with unacceptable subjects or experience.

I believe this or that is passable, I know this or that is meaningless without acceptable forensics.

To some, forensics mean I heard or was told this, so I also believe its true.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

Whenever someone says, "I could care less," I always respond with, "But will you?!"

Usually that is followed by a blank stare.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It has absolutely bugger-all to do with feeling like/being a snowflake.Well ok i can only speak for myself.But to Me, it is a matter only of distinctly recalling something being a certain way.How the hell does the way one recall something being,make one a snowflake? Pathetic analogy,Phage.I have had a lot of reason to wonder about the nature of reality,and Our collective reality here on this planet-all of my wondering from personal experience Wayy before i even heard of the Mandela effect.

What i am going to say now,please don't take as ad hominem attack because believe it or not i actually like you for being the unique character you are on ATS-but i find it very hard to take your opinion on many things seriously.On matters scientific and able to be proved,i have no problem with any facts you bring to the table.But what causes me to not be able to trust you is that you Always,Always toe and promote and defend the party line,which basically amounts to:"Nothing to see here,move along"

One remembers what one remembers-does not mean one's a snowflake.It simply means one remembers something a certain way.And the absolute definition of treason to oneself,the definition of cowardice and insanity-is to pretend one was wrong out of fear of being ridiculed or shamed by other individuals.That tactic may work on many-but it does Not work on me.
edit on 24-5-2016 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

edit on 24-5-2016 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
In Mexico, it's called the Menudo Effect.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There was no "Santa Claus", there was the christ-child bringing presents if you were a nice child. At least thats connected to the thought behind christmas somehow and not that santa claus stuff that has nothing to do with the religious part of the story behind, but making money.

although, there is the Saint Nikolaus at 6th December, maybe the industry used him as a template.
edit on 24-5-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

who put teh coal in your stocking ?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

May I try to respond to the snowflake analogy as well here? See, from my perspective of this claimed effect, it absolutely requires that the ENTIRE universe (and all it contains) must have changed around a believer for this to be true. As such the believer must be a very special individual (a snowflake if you will) that the thought or possibility that the memory is being incorrectly recounted cannot be the reason for the discrepancy. To them it seems, the only logical conclusion to explain this to the believer is that the universe or time-space continuum has changed around THEM. That is a very good definition of being a special snowflake IMO, unless the possibility that the most probable explanation, being the easiest, is that the memory recollection is incorrect from the facts of the evidence presented (physical evidence such as cereal boxes, DVD cases, VHS/Beta tape covers, etc...).

Being honest with yourself what truly is the most probable, statistically, explanation for this:

• My human memory is faulty and I am remembering incorrectly
  • The fabric of space-time for the universe changed around me
  • Others agreeing with you are telling you lies to sell something (or just for twisted kicks)

That is how I see this effect....the most probable is most likely the explanation. Unless actual proof, real-world evidence, can be presented, tested, and repeated to confirm a different explanation.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
When I was 2, I believed in Santa Claus. I now know he wasn't real.

People, your memory fades. We have a tendency to screw up spelling, screw up facts, associate an even with something else, or because we haven't heard about someone for a few years assume they are no longer around.

You're an idiot if you think you're living in an alternate timeline, that somehow everyone else is simultaneously living in. What's more likely? That you got something wrong or that two time lines melded together?

People still think the phrase is "I could care less" because that's how they hear it. I thought the phrase was Carpe Launche (that's how it SOUNDED to me/freaking fish cannon) when it's Carte Blanche. We make mistakes, and you need to sack up and admit you got it wrong. This Mandela Effect stuff is complete nonsense.

Just stop. Go back to your other reality.

oh ok. so since you're an idiot, you're projecting that on everyone else??? I understand... lol.

I don't care what you say. I know for a FACT that my memory is NOT wrong and that it was spelled Berenstein bears...PERIOD...

When you have THOUSANDS of people remembering the same thing, it is NOT a lapse in memory and requires another explanation.

I know MANY people who SWORE they still had books and video tapes of it spelled Berenstein, along with many of the other ME occurrences that people REMEMBER CLEARLY. Fuscia and colors changing is not a slip of the mind when you can clearly remember picking them out for specific matches in shades of the a specific color and seeing them listed as such.

The mandela effect is absolutely unequiivacally real...

What it is, is up for debate. Dismissing it as misremembering is NOT.

Jaden
edit on 24-5-2016 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join