It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the best self defence tactic u can use?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Genitals or throat.... hit them, really hard.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Krav Maga, enough practice will make you a hell of an opponent to defeat even when your opponent has a weapon against you.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Drunken Monkey Style......

By that I mean keep a drunken monkey with you at all times and throw it at whoever is attacking you. Then confidently walk away in style.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The best tactic?

Parkour, the French martial art of running away.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Put your right leg slightly behind the left leg and create a spring load, raise you right arm in the air to distract your opponent, release the spring and kick the opponent in the nuts, follow up as the person bend over with a kick or knee to the face.

Celebrate victory with a beer..

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
For hand to hand combat, MMA (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/Muay Thai/Boxing).

Someone who trains at a legit MMA school can be just about impossible to beat in hand to hand combat.

If an attacker has a knife or a gun, I wouldn't even consider hand to hand combat unless it was absolutely unavoidable.

I would prefer using my firearm in such a situation.
edit on 22-5-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Fling poo.
It is also advisable to bare teeth and make shrill screeching sounds.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Palm strike to the nose.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Being friendly

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Desert Eagle point five O.

edit on 22-5-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

RUN!

I'm not kidding. Everyone has some ability in that manner of "defense." If it is a robbery you face, drop your purse/wallet and run. If confronted with an irate fellow human that you upset, intentionally or accidently, leave your position in line, your car in the street or your bedroom and run as far and as fast as you can.

The psychology of that PLAN is that you give the belligerent, more powerful person the automatic feeling of having WON in your joint conflict and that silent satisfaction will, perhaps, give them enough satisfaction to not press the issue further by chasing you. If they do, well, it wasn't really your day.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

That definitely works more often than many people think.

That said, sometimes you just have to fight.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

edit on 22-5-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: Double Tap

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Best self defence is "wit".

If that fails, then run and scream like a girl.

If that fails then eyes and balls.

This was advice give to me by someone who was as hard as nails.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Jocko Willink (badass former Navy Seal and Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt) says:

The number one defense from an attack is a gun.

Not verbatim but that sums it up.

From me: number 1 is situational awareness. Be aware of your surroundings and don't have your head sunk into your phone. Stay away from threatening situations or places that you wouldn't take your gramma for a walk. Next is a gun.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Strip naked and scream like you are insane.

Also training in any martial arts couldn't hurt

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a belt bomb

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
lavatrance

·Avoid confrontation if at all possible.

·If confrontation appears imminent, employ all venues of de-escalation immediately.

·If aggressor(s) lack weapons, prepare for hand-to-hand (CQC) combat. Fight until one side concedes remembering to keep you head up, mouth closed and eyes fixed upon your opponent(s).

·If aggressor(s) possess CQC weapons (I.e. knives, bludgeons, etcetera) do your best to avoid blows from these weapons, distancing yourself from your assailant(s) as best as possible. Choose your advances, parries and retreats wisely. There are no second chances. No respawn points.

·If your attacker(s) possess a firearm, retreat via the fastest route possible employing as many evasive maneuvers as you can reasonably perform without breaking your momentum.

And if someone sneaks up on you from behind ... and puts their arm around your neck?

An army cadet once did this to me at high school one Friday afternoon. I freaked out and threw a punch over my shoulder (I'm double jointed) and bonked him on the nose.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
stormcell

Not much one can do to prevent sneak attacks. Just remain alert (at least orange) and pay close attention to those around you. You never know from where an attack will come. 👍

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

RAGE!!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join