It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir plane crash cause feared to be Fire bomb hidden in plane's toilet after black box recorder

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If I were to tell you I'm scared of flying and paranoid what planes would you recommend I take?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Wow so long!

How about the GPS thing to find a plane?
My phone has one, why not a whole plane?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Boeing 777, Airbus A340, Boeing 787, 747 if you can find any, E190, Boeing 717 to name a few. There are quite a few out there that have outstanding safety records. Not many even come close to the 777 though.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Thank you. Boeing feels appropriate anyway since I live so close.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It's called ADS-B. The aircraft transmits its position about every 20-30 minutes to a tracking center. All commercial aircraft will be equipped with them within the next couple of years. They're mandating reducing that to every 15, and every 1 if the aircraft is in distress.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

With the two Malaysia Airlines accidents this year, the Boeing 777 has had five accidents with hull loss in its career, which began 19 years ago.

Dang man, how many flights do you think that is out of? That made me feel better.
edit on 2120160520161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

One of them was a fire at the gate that burned out the cockpit. So it was Asiana that crashed in San Fran, where three people died (one who was run over by a fire truck), British Air that lost power on landing, with no fatalities, MH370 and MH17 both lost with everyone on board. In 2014, the 777 had made almost 5 million departures, and flown over 18 million hours.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The Egyptians are still maintaining this was a terror attack

The Egyptians are always knowledgeable on this type of occurrence.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The media has pimped this as a terror event so hard since it happened, that even if it turns out not to be, people will still be saying it was. The Egyptians have actually said that it was more likely a terror event, but they haven't ruled out any possibilities as to the cause.
edit on 5/21/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Phoenix Express wouldn't have anything to do with it. It tracks ships and works with transferring data between ships but doesn't do any offensive activity near where commercial aircraft are. Many flights went through the training area, including a 777 that passed within a few miles of this flight.

As for the turns, they're also consistent with emergency procedures when you have to make an emergency descent. Commercial aircraft, with the exception of El Al, don't know when to take evasive action, unless they're trying to avoid another plane. They don't have radar warning systems on board to tell them they're being targeted, or that a missile was launched. This was caused by something on the plane. Be it bomb, or mechanical failure.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I also wonder about the small possibility of an impact at that window. It could help explain sudden mass trauma to the aircraft, reaching back to the forward lavatory and avionics area almost immediately and immediately incapacitating the crew (or transceivers) so they couldn't get word out.

The question is what? Space junk? Meteor? It really wouldn't take much.

I'm curious if they will pick up anything on the cockpit audio that suggests an impact.

edit on 21-5-2016 by CraftBuilder because: Cat + keyboard event.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The media has pimped this as a terror event so hard since it happened, that even if it turns out not to be, people will still be saying it was. The Egyptians have actually said that it was more likely a terror event, but they haven't ruled out any possibilities as to the cause.

Not believing media hype. If someone gets a nosebleed they state it may be "terror related" . But the Egyptians have called em all right so far.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

But they're not saying that it was a terrorist attack, they're only saying that it's more likely, based on how few accidents occur during the cruise portion of flight. They haven't ruled out anything yet, and have stated that many times.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

1: find the black box ( which is red )😊
2: get the cockpit recordings
None has been found as of yet.

And don't buy the thermite theory over the main flight system under the lavatory till all information is accounted for.😊
Media is trying to get coin for this.

NM, Zaphod got my point.
edit on 22-5-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The actual comment by the Egyptian government:

Earlier in the day, Egypt’s civil aviation minister, Sherif Fathi, acknowledged at a news conference that the cause might have been terrorism. Mr. Fathi said that “if you analyze the situation properly,” the possibility of “having a terror attack is higher than the possibility” of technical failure.

www.nytimes.com...

He's right, it is higher, because accidents during the cruise portion of flight are very rare, but they're not unheard of.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

But they're not saying that it was a terrorist attack, they're only saying that it's more likely, based on how few accidents occur during the cruise portion of flight. They haven't ruled out anything yet, and have stated that many times.

Rightfully so. As they have stated every time in the past.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

As I understand the facts about this event, the plane dropped 20k feet and did a 90 degree turn followed by a 360 degree which = a left hand turn from its prior course.

G W Bush said after 911 they were going to develop technology that would enable them to take over distressed planes.

What very small but very powerful country lies in the direction of the 90 degree turn to the left?

Suppose that very small but very powerful country had the technology to take over distressed planes and they used it to take control of this plane, use their influence to plant claims about people seeing fireballs in the sky, spread a few plane parts around the sea in the vicinity and place a false black box on the seabed.

last time a plane like this went down MA370, I read that according to ones person inquiries, many of the companies that have security and service contract at many of the worlds major airports are Israeli owned.

Are we to believe the above scenario is so outlandish that it cannot be taken into reasonable consideration? Entertainment of this possibility leads us into the area of who all what was on the plane?

Guns and bombs are not the only weapons of war.

edit on 22-5-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

It was posted earlier that standard procedure for any pilot, before doing an emergency descent such as after or during a decompression, is to make a 90 degree turn to get out of the airway and away from other aircraft. It's not an indication of some non-existent autopilot taking control of the aircraft.

The whole "Israel owns all the world's security companies" is wrong. There is one large security and consultation company that works with airports that was started by former Israeli intelligence and security people, but it doesn't run all the world's airport security.
edit on 5/22/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Meteor?
I'm curious if they will pick up anything on the cockpit audio that suggests an impact.

I'm glad someone asked this. Thanks!! A meteor or bolide (or a part thereof) is what I'm most curious about.
edit on 22-5-2016 by tweetie because: added words - "(or a part thereof)"

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Experts say flight data 'points towards a bomb' as first pictures emerge of MS804's wreckage and search teams 'discover black box'.

Maybe I'm Mandella Effecting over here but I could have sworn that Greece had already found the black boxes.

We should probably start taking screen grabs of various articles.

Regardless, the above article states that the black boxes have been found.

Apparently, it flew right thru Phoenix Express 2016.

Phoenix Express 2016 Commences.

SOUDA BAY, Greece (NNS) -- Maritime forces from Europe, North Africa, and the United States began the 10th iteration of the multinational maritime Exercise Phoenix Express, May 17.

Phoenix Express, sponsored by U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) and facilitated by U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa/U.S. 6th Fleet, is designed to improve regional cooperation, increase maritime domain awareness information-sharing practices, and operational capabilities to enhance efforts to achieve safety and security in the Mediterranean Sea.

Greek officials said it was taking "evasive action" (abrupt turns) prior to going down.

Greg Feith speculates that they were not trying to avoid another plane. But the plane's actions would be consistent with trying to avoid a missile.

As the story unfolds, I'm beginning to think that we'll never know what really happened.

Appears to be an electrical fire spread caused by shorting, hence the spread.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join