It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe I'll just go fishing....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You know, I was thinking today (bad thing) (shrug); I haven't just gone fishing in a very long time.

Tonight I was in the grocery store and they had fishing poles for $9 bucks. My first thought was, I probably have $60k of fishing gear, why would I ever want that? THEN....

Then, I realized fishing is just about doing it, just going. Despite all the cool gear, if it just sits there it's worthless. And, so I thought...maybe I'll just go buy a $9 dollar fishing pole and go fishing!! Who cares if I catch anything.

So many bad things going on in the world, it's endless.

No, I think, maybe, I'll just go fishing.

That is all.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
True.

Fishing is fun (not done it for ages), gave hundreds of pounds of fishing gear to a charity shop a few years back.

Buy that 9 dollar fishing rod and go enjoy it, take some beers and disposable BBQ and make a day of it, thinking of doing the same very soon.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A few years ago I was heading into the woods to my trees stand for a nice morning of hunting.
I got to the tree,
Climbed 15 feet up that tree,
Strapped my butt in,
Then I reached in my pocket for my 12 gauge slugs and realized left them on my bench at home.....

So then I proceed to sit in that tree for 3 hours taking pictures of stupid squirrels.
What a great day.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You could also take up Astronomy.

Big duffel coat, bottle of whiskey & coke, folding camp chair, a few good friends, fine weather, a big sky and a 'scope.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Sorry I wrecked you 4000 star count. LOL, fishing takes my mind back to 1981 when I was 10 and my grandfather taught me how to fish and the engine would not start! He rowed us 1 mile until another boat towed us in. Rowing is also a mind reload.

Nice thread!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

When I get the blues I climb in my pontoon craft and float a mile or two on the Rio Grande. A great way to regain some perspective.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Here in the UK you need a fishing license even on a private lake and I disagree and refuse to pay for one.

We go on a fishing and camping trip once a year so I just borrow a bit of line and a hook and make a little rod out of a stick and sit there with a beer catching tiny little fish.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I started fishing again after having to give up My +1.4 h'cap in Golf. So I traded in a Harley on a bass boat. Traded that one in on a new bass boat. Then towing the boat, launching/loading got to be big drag, so I bought a waterfront home w/a dock and boathouse. So I got a new boat.

It really works out well. I now rent My Country Club house for $1200/month This pays for the $1207/month they deduct from My police retirement for "Affordable Healthcare"..

If You ever get to Central Flori-Duh, look Me up and We can angle together. I only go for the BIG ones or throw topwaters because it is funner to Me, and single hooks as the treble gives Me to big an edge and I throw back everything I catch.

Go Fish

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Fishing is a great way to get a little much needed R&R.

I have 8 fishing poles and 4 tackle boxes full of gear that's sitting in the garage collecting dust... I haven't been out on the water in years. It used to be one of my favourite pastimes.

Nothing beats sitting back with a nice cold bubbly and tossing your line out to see if something bites.

Maybe I'll have to bug hubby to dig out all my gear from under his tool collections and "just go fishing" too !

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That`s what makes fishing so great, you don`t need all that gear or a boat,those things just make fishing more work than it needs to be. All you need is a pole and some bait and you`ll be out the door and on your way to your favorite fishing spot in 2 minutes.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

exactly. From shore (and beyond) what is used here most often is the Cuban yo-yo for handlining. There is always one in my van, because you just never know when you might need to turn your mind free for a bit.

top topics

join