It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superdelegates Switching To Bernie!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just read an article I found somewhat interesting and some of you might find it interesting as well. Especially those of you in Bernie's camp.

An article posted on Huffington Post - May 20, which originated from the the Opednews (this is a progressive and liberal news site) , provide some thought provoking information.

Some currents polls from Real Clear Politics are showing Donald Trump ahead of Hillary Clinton. While some polls are showing Bernie Sanders ahead of Donald Trump. The information, or perhaps wishful opinion, states as the DNC nears the Superdelegates will switch to Bernie Sanders because Bernie as a better chance of beating Donald Trump in the November voting.

If your interested in more article detail please toggle the link. Link

+7 more 
posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

Go Bernie, still holding out hope.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've been thinking that was the next thing...!!!! Yay!!!

Seriously, they can dis him all they like - it doesn't mean any of the millions (or he) are going to just shut up.
This thing is out in the open now.

edit on 5/21/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

As a Super Delegate myself, I can give no opinion. I will just have to await my masters directives.

edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 21 May 2016 17:51:57 -0500Sat, 21 May 2016 17:51:57 -050016052016-05-21T17:51:57-05:00500000051 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Bernie FTW...

Saner than either of the other two!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I think the only thing shocking about this news, if it's true, is that it wasn't happening sooner. If I was a super delegate I'd be looking to jump ship away from Hillary a lot sooner than now and I wouldn't need "beating Trump" as my reason why.

All those Super delegates who have been on Hillary's team all this time but are now looking to bail on her I think should reflect upon why they were sided with her to begin with. It's not like her past history or shady politics have been much of a secret up until now.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It's obvious that Sanders is the stronger contender against Trump, or any of the other GOP candidates so if Hillary is the nominee the DNC is taking a YUGGGGE risk! That, coupled with the fact shes under investigation by the FBI should have all but excluded her from this race, but politics is politics and Clinton is nothing but a selfish corrupt politician who doesn't care about America. If she did care, she would have dropped out.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Knowing how the Clintons operate, if I were Bernie, I'd make sure the security on whichever planes I fly is extremely tight.

Wouldn't want any mishaps.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Could you be kind to explain why you state masters direction. I have assumed Superdelegates vote their conscious.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

This was very predictable because it makes sense. If the superdelegates are beholden to the party -- not the candidate -- then they have good reason to switch their support.

I wonder if the Clintons will try to ask for a refund, if they do.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Question to those in the know. Wouldn't the Superdelegates have to switch before the DNC in July? The reason I ask is if Hillary Clinton has enough delegates going into the DNC that would mean Bernie Sanders is out of the running.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Honestly I think if the DNC wants to win they are going to have to go with Bernie.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If one believes when Bernie says that politicians are bought and sold and that he is different. Why would then bought and sold super delegates support someone that is going to open the curtain on their dirt? So either Bernie is lying about the role of money in politics or he is already bought, or is willing to be bought once in office.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg

Question to those in the know. Wouldn't the Superdelegates have to switch before the DNC in July? The reason I ask is if Hillary Clinton has enough delegates going into the DNC that would mean Bernie Sanders is out of the running.

While super delegate can claim to support one candidate prior to the convention, they are unbound until they actually vote. Up until then it's all speculation

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Because the alternative is a Trump Presidency including nominating a Supreme Court Justice or 3.
edit on 5/21/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Could you be kind to explain why you state masters direction. I have assumed Superdelegates vote their conscious.

You're kidding, right? The DNC in general and Debbie Wasserman-Schulz in particular, sought to seek the votes of the super delegates before the race even got started. Most of the super delegates are office holders. Now just what do you think our girl Deb said to them? Maybe that they ought to get on board right now because when Hill becomes Prez, she will be in a position to return favors. What favors? Oh, maybe like DNC support, especially campaign dollars, next time these super delegates run for office, which for most of them is every two years. Or maybe it's committee assignments, or maybe preferential treatment. All these super delegates know very well that to keep on the good side of the DNC is very important to their continued survival.

Yeah, you were kidding. Your post was entirely tongue in cheek. And I fell for it. Oh, well......

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kalisdad

When do Superdelegates actually vote?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

So you don't believe Bernie that politicians are bought and paid for, corrupt to the core? You think he's lying?

In any case, who knows if there's any truth to this HuffPost Op-Ed piece but so far the super delegates have supported their corrupted leader before the race even started and continue until this day.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
If one believes when Bernie says that politicians are bought and sold and that he is different. Why would then bought and sold super delegates support someone that is going to open the curtain on their dirt? So either Bernie is lying about the role of money in politics or he is already bought, or is willing to be bought once in office.

Perhaps they're just much more afraid of what Trump will do as President than what Bernie might do.

Besides, what other choice do they have??? As super delegates they can only side with Hillary or Sanders and if they think Hillary might be in legal trouble or lose to the RNC Sanders is the only other choice they have.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

will cast a vote at the 2016 Democratic National Convention, to be held July 25–28 in Philadelphia.

According to en.m.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join