It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all who serve in the US Armed Forces - Thank You

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

you did not thank us the family members of veterans who moved ever 4 years and lost all their friends and got harassed in new school because we were the new kids and got picked on and just ignored because of the school clicks.

being a military child is hard

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: charlyv were you stationed In Whidbey Is.?
/

Nope, but would have liked to. Willow Grove, Los Alamitos, Brunswick and Jax.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Navy 2002-2006

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
[sni]

Good job.

That's got to be the most ignorant statement I've ever heard
edit on 24-5-2016 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: donald007

sorry Donald isn't here anymore, but it is hard. I hated to leave my family and they hated to not have me there to help. But all made the sacrifices needed to get things done. Whatever that entailed. God bless all that didn't come home.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We here at home owe a tremendous dept of gratitude to those that serve, every day of our lives. Those that speak of peace and forgiveness neglect what the real world delivers.

I wish that humanity acted the way my heart tells me they should but reality proves that those that serve do so to fill an unwanted, inhumain reality that no body in their right mind would ever volunteer for. There in lies the difference. Putting yourself in harm's way for others that you owe nothing to. Putting your life on the line for "Joe Blow".

I speaking as one Joe Blow, forever, am in your dept....Thank you, thank you, thank you

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am retired from the USAF after 21 years. My oldest son is now an active duty Airman. Thanx

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I remember back around 2002, 2003, I stopped into a local bar after work and ran into a young corporal. At the time the US was plastering the news with WMDs in Irac, I for some reason I knew the Intel was false. So here I am sitting face to face with a young man heading to Irac the next day, knowing full well he may never return or return in one piece.

We talked about the politics and how I felt, and how he felt and .... he was committed.... not because of the politics, but because of his buddy's, because of his unwavering dedication to his friends and college's, it was the first time in my life that I understood what it meant to serve, regardless of whether or not I agreed with the overall political goal line.

These good people join for a multitude of reasons, but one things for sure, once they do, they are a force to be reckoned with. And I thank God for these fellow citizens, they may not be fighting to save our shores, but they are fighting to save our ideals every where they go.....

God bless you all!!!!!!
edit on 21-5-2016 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
As a former sailor in the United States Navy,

I say thank you for thanking our service members.

~Barzad

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barzad

~Barzad

And my thanks to a squid
from a "zoomie"

Brothers we shall always be...
edit on 22-5-2016 by madmac5150 because: Cant sleep, the clowns will eat me

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
Don't thank us living, we don't deserve thanks, we made it back and have the paychecks and experiences with it, thank those who never returned, who joined because they had a sense of pride and integrity but no money or hopes of a job or education, who joined and never returned or who returned but not the same person they left as.

@Tranceopticalinclined - Sent you a pm, please read before responding.

For those that may not know there are 3 days we honor our military members.
* - Veteran's Day celebrates those who served in the armed forces who are now retired / inactive.
* - Armed Forces Day celebrates those who are currently serving in the armed forces.
* - Memorial Day celebrates those who died while in service to our nation.

Veteran's Day - November 11th +/-

Veteran's Day is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans, that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces.

Armed Forces Day - 3rd Saturday in May

Armed Forces Day -First observed on 20 May 1950, the day was created on 31 August 1949, to honor Americans serving in the five U.S. military branches – the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Air Force and U.S. Coast Guard – following the consolidation of the military services in the U.S. Department of Defense. It was intended to replace the separate Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard Days, but the separate days are still observed, especially within the respective services.

Memorial Day - Last Monday in May

Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. The holiday, which is observed every year on the last Monday of May, originated as Decoration Day after the American Civil War in 1868, when the Grand Army of the Republic, an organization of Union veterans founded in Decatur, Illinois, established it as a time for the nation to decorate the graves of the war dead with flowers. By the 20th century, competing Union and Confederate holiday traditions, celebrated on different days, had merged, and Memorial Day eventually extended to honor all Americans who died while in the military service.

3 days out of 365 days is not nearly enough thanks to our armed forces. Regardless of your personal feelings about politics and war please bear in mind our military members are carrying out the will of political leadership. For those who would argue the military should refuse certain orders I ask this -

Before we blame our military what have you done to prevent the political machine from taking the actions you don't agree with in the first place? Did you vote? Do you speak to your congressional representatives? Have you written / called the white house?

Remember when we point a finger at someone else we have 3 fingers pointing back at ourselves.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Thank you. I was a tanker for 8 years in the BRO. (Pattons army babah!)

I've been out for 11 years now. Sometimes it does'nt feel like it was that long ago, and sometimes I wonder if it all really happened.

There are men that I served with that were better men than me that won't ever come home. I don't want those guys to be forgotten.
edit on 22-5-2016 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: donald007

Your recognition as family comes in the entire month -
* - November - National Military Family Month.
* - April - Month of the Military Child.

Spouses of military members have the 2nd Friday in May -
* - Military Spouse Day

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
TheSemiSkeptic
Swills
Mrgone
AVtech34
charlyv
DBCowboy
Tranceopticalinclined
gladtobehere
Snarl
hillbilly4rent
BoxFulder
network dude
madmac5150 (and oldest son)
Barzad
Cancerwarrior

Thank you for your service and participating in this thread.

The Call to Duty

A call to duty is sent out
and the strong and the brave reply.
They do it for love of country,
So there's never a need to ask why.

They leave behind all that they love,
Their families, their homes and their lives,
Because to preserve these precious things
Is the goal for which each soldier strives.

So God bless our troops,
The courageous women and men,
Who fight to make sure
The bells of freedom peal again.

When You See a Soldier

When you see a soldier
Be sure to shake his or her hand,
And let that soldier know you're grateful
For the protection the military affords our land.

But most of all express your thanks
for every soldier's personal sacrifice.
In order to serve our country,
They risked their entire lives.

Welcome Home

To those who fought on foreign soil,
Who for our nation did perilously toil,
Who braved the bombs and bullets and mines,
To return back home to more peaceful times,
A hearty welcome home.

To those who fought on foreign soil,
Whose lives have been marred by the enemy's toil,
Who now must try to rebuild body, mind and soul,
A supportive welcome home.

To those who fought on foreign soil
Whose lives did end through dangerous toil,
To arrive back home flag-draped, silent and still,
To rest in peace beneath the grass on the hill,
A reverent welcome home.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: Barzad

~Barzad

And my thanks to a squid
from a "zoomie"

Brothers we shall always be...

Haven't been called a squid in a long time, brings back memories

Semper Fortis

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Thank you Xcathdra, for your showing of support for our veterans and current military members.

I appreciate your thanks. And I thank you for thanking all our military personnel, current and former.

And my bad for saying thanks a lot lol

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

There is nothing to thank the US military for. They certainly don't "defend freedom," as they take orders from the very politicians who trample human rights--both in the US and abroad.

On the issue of security: private security could do a better job than the state's military. The state holds a monopoly, you and I have to pay for the military, even if we disagree with what the military is being used for. Private security would insure that we, the customers, are getting exactly what we want--assuming that we even want someone else providing security for us (if I don't want someone else protecting me, I simply provide it for myself and save my money).

State militaries do more to make us less safe, because the state is an aggressive institution who attacks innocent people and breeds hatred and the want for revenge.

If the US military ever does something to actually defend freedom, maybe thank them then--but in all honestly you and I should be fighting right alongside them in that instance.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Honestly, if I perceive the US government to be my enemy--or all governments to be my enemy--why in the world would I thank their stormtroopers for taking orders from them??

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

"To all who serve in the US Armed Forces"

I am sorry you had to.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

Why is it ignorant ? I'm curious

In order to call someone ignorant requires some kind of counter argument that would expose the ignorance.

edit on 24-5-2016 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join