It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protecting and serving at its finest:'Tase him!' 'I'm dead'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
I can understand the first few tasers,but after the dude was face down saying "I quit" not struggling/resisting but only reacting to being tased.They just kept tasing imo because those PIGS were sadistic..

edit on 21-5-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I live in Newnan where this took place....
Was it right...nope
Was he a risk to public safety, yes.
Did he follow instructions nope.
Did the cops go a little to far, yes.

One simple rule, if the police tell you to do something you do it....period.
If you choose to do drugs that alter your mental state that is your problem for being dumb.

We shall see how this plays out.

PS. the cops are still at work but riding a desk and not out on patrol.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

So how can some people here believe that death in a situation like this is an inevitable outcome [making excuses for the police], when it clearly isn't?

Possibly because they are assholes with no sense of empathy just like the cops?

Really must suck living in that mindset. ........

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Parafitt

a reply to: Gothmog

But mama, that's where the fun is.

Too obscure?

Heff said you were a funny guy.

I dont see it. at all.

Aww.
You made me sad.

Sorry bro.

Can I give you a massage??
edit on 21-5-2016 by Parafitt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

According to the report, they used tasers FIFTEEN TIMES in just a few minutes, along with body weight to pin him down.

What sort of pathetic training did these clowns have, that they can't subdue a handcuffed person without fifteen taser shocks??? He was struggling, sure, but he was also cuffed and inside a car. All they had to do was step back, and wait for the medical help. Oh, no, the EMT helped pin the guy!!!

The video looks like a complete breakdown of training, common sense, and even rational thought. Were they all on drugs?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

But mama, that's where the fun is.

Too obscure?

Great now we have Manfred Phafge the enabler !!!!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Watch the video and see if these boys are qualified to protect and serve.
The police are trained to breach and clear... not designed escalate a situation. Why did this man have to die? The family should have flagged motorists down for help instead of calling the cops.

ATLANTA (AP) — Two deputies yell "Stop fighting!" and "He's got my Taser!" as they repeatedly stun a handcuffed man in the back of a vehicle, commanding him to relax even as he insists "I'm dead," shortly before he stops breathing, body-camera videos show.

The videos show the Nov. 20 incident in the back of an SUV in Coweta County, outside Atlanta. Chase Sherman, 32, of Destin, Florida, was pronounced dead at a hospital later that day.

Of course the absolute solution to any problems law enforcement facing; the gun.

[Quote]"What's your problem, buddy?" one deputy says. "That's a good way to get shot right there. I tell you right now, you grab my Taser again, it's gonna be on."

The deputies insist that his mother and girlfriend in the front seat get away from the area.

"You're not gonna shot him, you hear me?" Sherman's mother says

graphic video

He had taken "spice" and was hallucinating and not responding to the officers. He was not shot, as you imply, he was tased. Darwin would have caught up with him, and likely his family, too as his plan was to drive home while hallucinating.

Yes, he had a breakdown due to Spice- IMO very dangerous before those side affects even. He was tazed 15 times resulting in death. They should look into their protocol if the current ones bring fatalities, no?

Maybe so. The problem is that if he continues to struggle the officers will continue to tase him, not knowing why the taser isn't working. What would you suggest as a protocol?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

He didn't get shot.
Did you get to hear the officers say explicitly say I'm going to shoot you, almost hoping to get the chance to.
So your defense for the police killing him was hallucinations. This man died in front of his family because he was in distress

I hope you have a medical distress and the police arrive to the scene to help you along with their gun and a copy of Darwin's best theory.

This was a self induced medical distress that was part of a situation with a dangerous individual driving a car filled with his family. What would you have said had he hit another vehicle head on, killing and injuring all concerned? Oh, the poor guy, he was addicted and couldn't help himself? He made a poor choice that led to his demise.
I hope that when you are in distress the EMT's save you so you can continue to visit ATS and learn about consequences of one's own actions.

ETA: Their gunS.
edit on 5/21/2016 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Maybe you don't know what the police motto has been for years; 'to protect and serve '... in all situations, to anyone. Otherwise go back to college and get a communication degree and leave the police work to those who can
edit on 21-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Maybe you don't know what the police motto has been for years; 'to protect and serve '... in all situations, to anyone. Otherwise go back to college and get a communication degree and leave the police work to those who can

What does a communications degree have to do with anything? To those who can what?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Maybe so. The problem is that if he continues to struggle the officers will continue to tase him, not knowing why the taser isn't working. What would you suggest as a protocol?

How does a person being repeatedly tased not struggle? Please correct me if I'm mistaken but I assume you are implying that the officers only continued to use their tasers because the individual continued to struggle. So perhaps the protocol should involve giving an individual a chance to comply rather than causing constant distress, which is only going to make an individual struggle more. Well that is of course until they can no longer struggle due to medical failures.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

ZAP. "Stop resisting"

ZAP, ZAP. "Stop resisting"

ZAP, ZAP, ZAP. "Stop resisting"

I REALLY hope it happens to you and your ilk one of these days.

Maybe you people will actually grow a heart then.

Or is it a brain you need?
edit on 22-5-2016 by FaunaOrFlora because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

How does a person being repeatedly tased not struggle? Please correct me if I'm mistaken but I assume you are implying that the officers only continued to use their tasers because the individual continued to struggle. So perhaps the protocol should involve giving an individual a chance to comply rather than causing constant distress, which is only going to make an individual struggle more. Well that is of course until they can no longer struggle due to medical failures.

Well said. At least stop tasering and while his mother was there he,-and as already mentioned he was handcuffed and in the back seat already- may have finally calmed him down after he body went through the heightened stressors on top of synthetic drugs use.
edit on 22-5-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

ZAP. "Stop resisting"

ZAP, ZAP. "Stop resisting"

ZAP, ZAP, ZAP. "Stop resisting"

I REALLY hope it happens to you and your ilk one of these days.

Maybe you people will actually grow a heart then.

Or is it a brain you need?

I hope that nothing like this happens to you. I hope that you are smart enough not to take "spice" and then try to drive your family a long distance while hallucinating and putting them and everyone else on the road in danger.

It is unfortunate that this genetic defect self corrected in front of his loved ones. I need the heart, you should go for a brain.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join