It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Order Colleges to Stop Checking Criminal/School Discipline History ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hmm, if i was American i doubt i'd like to go to a university or college that happily lets violent criminals in.

Seems to be a lot of them already given those stupid, seemingly never ending protests.
edit on -050007am5kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The local university SIUC (about 20 minutes from me) has seen more and more violent crime. It's a pretty scary campus now and has made national headlines for violence, murder, and sexual assault. As more and more students come down from Chicago area the crimes seem to be getting worse. Two black men shot and killed a man about a month ago..another shootout this past weekend...it's horrible..SIUC SHOULD check for a criminal background..leave the thugs to die in Chicago. We are tired of the filth down south.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'd love to the the universities tell the DOE where to stuff their mandates. Won't hold my breath, though.

I wonder if the ones making the claims that background checks are racist realize that they are insulting minorities in doing so? The implication is, after all, that more minorities are criminals, and it's racist, as a result,t o do background checks. Right?

Seems like the real goal is to allow more criminals on to the campuses, to stir up trouble, and become "activists", who will, of course, demand extensions on actual coursework, or even free grades.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I'd love to the the universities tell the DOE where to stuff their mandates. Won't hold my breath, though.

There is no mandate here, from the DOE or anyone else.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
what good will it do for a convicted criminal to get a college education, they still won`t get a job, unless obama is planning on waving his royal scepter and forbidding employers from doing criminal background checks on perspective employees.
obama sure doesn`t think things through very well.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thats what struck me the moment i started reading the OP.It is in effect saying that minorities are the most likely culprits of criminal/violent behavior.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
what good will it do for a convicted criminal to get a college education, they still won`t get a job, unless obama is planning on waving his royal scepter and forbidding employers from doing criminal background checks on perspective employees.
obama sure doesn`t think things through very well.

And that proves that Obama doesn't even expect them to get a job, he only wants the votes. It's all a facade and quite despicable, but not unexpected knowing what a pile of worthless dog sht Obama is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join