It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salon's Pedophile Agenda MUST BE STOPPED

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: reldra

Thanks. And it plainly states it.

In the face of significant criticism of its inclusion in the DSM-5, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) has stated its intention to remove the term Pedophilic Sexual Orientation from the diagnostic manual

And from the same (or quoted) article:

Psychiatric terminology should convey information in as clear and unambiguous a manner as possible. In light of the associated stigma, that is especially so of the terms Pedophilia and Pedophilic Disorder. Although from a psychiatric perspective the term Pedophilia is intended to define a recognized clinical entity, in the collective consciousness of contemporary society, the term has become a demonizing pejorative.

Pedophilia and DSM-5: The Importance of Clearly Defining the Nature of a Pedophilic Disorder

The fact of the matter is that the medical profession has changed the designation that pedophilia is sexual orientation.

The words do matter. We cannot afford to have confusion on this issue at this time.

That is what the one's dredging this up want to do.

link   

Tom, who has spent £4,000 in the last decade on his canine hobby, has even taken to sleeping in a dog training crate at night dressed as Spot (pictured)
On his Twitter account Spot says he is owned for by Colin, whose own Twitter profile describes him as being into 'Lycra, Gunge, Pup Play, BDSM.'
Tom tells the programme: 'Rachel thought I was becoming gay.'
He later admits: 'A tiny bit of me regrets being a puppy because I lost what I had.'

The programme also features the sad story of Tom, 32, a theatre technician from Tring, Hertforshire, who split up with his fiancee Rachel because of his yearning to dress up as a Dalmatian.
He says: 'You disappear and start chasing puppy toys. You go so deep into the head space, you crave it and want it. It's just magic.'
'I didn't understand it. I didn't want to understand it,'

Read more: www.dailymail.co...

You go deep in your head?

You don't understand it and you don't want to?

What do you think?

link   

Yeah, you could be right. I'm not only talking about the video, though...more just how I've seen things develop over the years.

Buy aye, sorry.

Like I said in my last post I'm out on this one, just didn't want to leave without responding.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I understand.

It is very important to draw distinctions between sexual orientation/gender identity and paraphilias, between consensual acts and coercive ones.

As we can see here, many are all too eager to conflate the two for their political agenda.

So is pedophilia a consensual act? I maintain it is not nor will it ever be. It is predatory.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

There is a very basic difference between same-sex attraction, different gender identification and pedophilia.

The only difference I see is - - one has a victim

A basic and horrific difference because child molestation destroys lives EVERY TIME.

Pedophilia and acting on the urge - - are two different things.

That's the only difference you see?

Fine.

Pedophilia is a pathology that initiates child sexual abuse. Mr. Nickerson said himself that as long as a 5 year old "initiated" contact he would have sex with her. That negates every bit of his claim to being "Virtuous" in my opinion.

What is your intention to claim, contrary to current medical science, that pedophilia is a sexual orientation?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Tom, who has spent £4,000 in the last decade on his canine hobby, has even taken to sleeping in a dog training crate at night dressed as Spot (pictured)
On his Twitter account Spot says he is owned for by Colin, whose own Twitter profile describes him as being into 'Lycra, Gunge, Pup Play, BDSM.'
Tom tells the programme: 'Rachel thought I was becoming gay.'
He later admits: 'A tiny bit of me regrets being a puppy because I lost what I had.'

The programme also features the sad story of Tom, 32, a theatre technician from Tring, Hertforshire, who split up with his fiancee Rachel because of his yearning to dress up as a Dalmatian.
He says: 'You disappear and start chasing puppy toys. You go so deep into the head space, you crave it and want it. It's just magic.'
'I didn't understand it. I didn't want to understand it,'

Read more: www.dailymail.co...

You go deep in your head?

You don't understand it and you don't want to?

What do you think?

I don't find this to be relevant.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Huh????

You two were talking about pedophilia being hard wired in the brain, right???

Anne said it was hard wired like everyone else and you disagreed, right???

Or is that not correct???

I have no idea what else you're talking about.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

I understand.

It is very important to draw distinctions between sexual orientation/gender identity and paraphilias, between consensual acts and coercive ones.

As we can see here, many are all too eager to conflate the two for their political agenda.

So is pedophilia a consensual act? I maintain it is not nor will it ever be. It is predatory.

I'm desperately trying to ignore you. I've been extraordinarily clear in my claims here.

I'll spell it out for you since you seem to have difficulty reading and understanding what I write:

Pedophilia is a pathology. Child sexual abuse is a crime.

Consensual acts occur between adults who are fully compos mentis.
edit on 21-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Mind, not breath mints, LOL.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The fact of the matter is that the medical profession has changed the designation that pedophilia is sexual orientation.

I JUST posted that the psychiatric profession is redefining it, but in future tense.... I see it's already done. Thank you for clarifying this matter and proving the point. Do you feel that because they have redefined it, it makes it not so bad ? Words do matter, and so does intent.

link   

I understand.

I have no idea what you read, but it was not what you replied to.
edit on 21-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

a reply to: samerulesapply

But I do not read Annee or Reldra or anyone else here defending or excusing child molestation (or pedophiles).

I think it's unfair to make the connection when that's not what they're doing or saying.

Thank You.

Absolutely I am not condoning or supporting molestation of any kind.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I JUST posted that the psychiatric profession is redefining it, but in future tense.... I see it's already done. Thank you for clarifying this matter and proving the point. Do you feel that because they have redefined it, it makes it not so bad ? Words do matter, and so does intent.

How would it make it less bad? You keep adding things on. This is not collaborative writing.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

This is the most cultish, Orwellian double-speak I've witnessed in... probably ever. And I hate playing the Orwell card, but this is total insanity.

Yes, it's all play for them. See who gets targeted with such childish prankish attitudes....

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I have said absolutely nothing here that you could possibly interpret as my saying that either pedophilia or child sexual abuse is not bad.

Stop the baiting. Obsess over someone else, and please do me the courtesy of ceasing to replying to my posts.

We have nothing to discuss, you and I. I will offer you the same courtesy from this point on (as I believe we have agreed in the past.)

edit on 21-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Absolutely I am not condoning or supporting molestation of any kind.

Yet you're absolving the perpetrators of the responsibility for their actions.

It's not my fault. I was born that way.

Do you not see how this can reinforce the pathology, potentially leading to an increased probability that the pedophile will act out?

You're coddling these bastards.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

How would it make it less bad? You keep adding things on. This is not collaborative writing.

No its not but I think its wonderful when an opponent proves my points for me. Its a watering down of the definition. So, yes in a word an attempt to make it seem a little less bad.
Look at the change in wording.... what seems worse... "disorder" or "Sexual orientation" ?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: NthOther

This is the most cultish, Orwellian double-speak I've witnessed in... probably ever. And I hate playing the Orwell card, but this is total insanity.

Yes, it's all play for them. See who gets targeted with such childish prankish attitudes....

All play for whom? You seem to troll by adding conclusions to things you reply to that cannot be concluded via what you reply to.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Don't preach to me about courtesy.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

There is a very basic difference between same-sex attraction, different gender identification and pedophilia.

The only difference I see is - - one has a victim

A basic and horrific difference because child molestation destroys lives EVERY TIME.

Pedophilia and acting on the urge - - are two different things.

Pedophilia is a pathology that initiates child sexual abuse. Mr. Nickerson said himself that as long as a 5 year old "initiated" contact he would have sex with her. That negates every bit of his claim to being "Virtuous" in my opinion.

Would that not mean there is a victim? That's what I said.

A Pedophile acting on his urge will result in a victim.

Its the only difference I see between the sexual orientations.

ALL of them have sexual urges. Only one acted upon has a victim.

We're just saying it differently.

edit on 21-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

No its not but I think its wonderful when an opponent proves my points for me. Its a watering down of the definition. So, yes in a word an attempt to make it seem a little less bad.
Look at the change in wording.... what seems worse... "disorder" or "Sexual orientation" ?

It is not an attempt to do anything of the kind. It is a disorder and a criminal act. Orientation means both hard wired in the brain and 'oriented to'. In either case, it does not change the severity. Even if you are not fond of one word over another, it does not change the severity.
edit on 21-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join