It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from SE Ontario

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I believe that if you're a meat eater it's more ethical to raise your own because factory farming is just wrong. I do understand how traumatizing the first kill would be. I give them a good life and thank them for the sacrifice. Right or wrong I am a meat eater. There's also the well known fact that rare breeds can only survive if people eat them.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Excellent article Thanks. Where in Ontario are you? Peterborough is the closest town of any size to me.
Biblical debunking threads? I'm mostly observing ideas. I can't be bothered arguing with anyone who isn't open to other ideas. Nothing is as it seems.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Onthebit

My sis lives in a semi-rural area near Peterborough, I live farther west of Toronto for now. It is interesting how valuable chickens really are, isn't?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
They're entertaining too!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Welcome and have a nice stay

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onthebit

I believe that if you're a meat eater it's more ethical to raise your own because factory farming is just wrong. I do understand how traumatizing the first kill would be. I give them a good life and thank them for the sacrifice. Right or wrong I am a meat eater. There's also the well known fact that rare breeds can only survive if people eat them.

I'm with you on that!
My neighbor raises cattle, pigs, and various type of fowl, and we buy from him because we know exactly how wonderful their life has been. He takes very good care of them and they have healthy lives outdoors without added hormones and systematic antibiotics. The other neighbor has goats and they make cheese we buy.

I figure if the sh*t hits the fan tomorrow and I have to do killing and butchering myself I will, but for now I'm letting them do it. But I remember the crowded cattle lots back home, and would not eat that meat.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Exactly how things should be.. Is a nation really secure when it's food is not local? These tracing programs have done absolutely NOTHING to trace contaminated food but it has put lots of small farms out of business through added fees and logistics. I can't even be sure if I send one of my beef to a licensed processor will be mine when it comes back...how do I get to trace that? scam... We do it at home most of the time but hogs we send out and only cut up at home....

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Onthebit

We live in a very small village, and people only sell local.

Over here we have the problem of horse meat being eaten, so that requires us to chip all our horses right after birth, so they don't end up being butchered and sold for consumption. It isn't really very popular any more... seems only some older people still eat it. Some draft breeds are bred and raised specifically for tat purpose.

But because all horses are catalogued in a national database, it is helpful for cutting down on theft and such.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Welcome. I'm from southern ontario. The most ancient food in human civilization is Hemp, even the Greeks, Romans indigenous and other cultures ate Hemp for thousands of years, in ancient China. A lot of todays hemp is sold as dehulled hemp seeds and over priced less fiber and less nutrients, lack of competition in the market especially in Ontario. Are there a lack of vegan restaurants where you live too? Corruption don't want organic hemp food to be cheaper than meat...Thankfully not everyone is biased and some are able to go through research to see information without bias.

I think if some people knew how many health problems meat causes that they wouldn't eat it and take it more seriously than not smoking or doing drugs. Did you know Hemp seeds have more protein by weight than meat or fish?

I know some people see some natives in schools who eat meat but there are many native cultures that did not eat meat and don't get the promotion as others.
edit on 23-6-2016 by mylesohowe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join