It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the Donald Trump exam question that got a Florida teacher suspended

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

The multiple-choice question asks students, “If a Donald Trump becomes president of the United states, we are:” and the choices are:

A. Screwed

B. Screwed

C. Screwed

D. Screwed behind a really YUGE wall that Mexico pays for.

Read the Donald Trump exam question that got a Florida teacher suspended

Idiocracy anyone?

Shouldn't teachers have more respect for education than that? This is an example of something that would have fit right in in the film Idiocracy. When I see things like this, I shudder to think of the future. I know this forum is loaded with optimists but...think about when you were a high school student, was something like the above even imaginable?

On a serious note, according to the following report, Trump must win Florida to have a chance in the general election.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Two quick things....

1) I really wish people would stop referencing that damned movie. It was an ok flick, but not the classic people make it out to be (in my opinion).

2) On a personal level, stories like this one have a silver lining in that it makes me feel a lot better about the tuition of our son's private school.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

what a nimrod - he broke " apes rule # 285 " :

when already involved in one argument - dont start another

+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Sadly , this is the state of our public school systems today . I tis no longer the academic skills the teachers teach . It is the teacher's own personal agenda. No wonder our system ranks really , really low in the world

Know why I find the OP so interesting , though ? The teacher was suspended and not terminated. That should have been an on-the-spot termination with none of the gratuities. Period.

AS the Donald would have said in a past life - "You're FIRED"

+7 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Teachers have such a knack for getting right wing SJWs all triggered and crying for safe spaces.

+21 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Teachers have such a knack for getting right wing SJWs all triggered and crying for safe spaces.

Oh sure, crybaby libs will ignore a teacher with a bible. Lol

When our kids are involved we should get worked up. I have no respect for parents that are not active in their kids education.

+13 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It's a hard one - I can't decide between B and D.

As for the teacher, sounds like someone who probably shouldn't be around children or sharp objects.

+19 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
A teacher's personal view on politics, just like a teacher's personal view on religion, should not enter into the education process.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I completely agree unless it's High School where kids should be engaging in political discourse... anyway, surely you see the irony.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

utter bollox

the teacher [ in this case ] should be teaching law - not his own political opinion

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You're entirely missing the point.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Feeling triggered?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
How would the kids even know? They can't vote. That teacher has a bad case of HIAS, I heard it could lead to chronic unemployment and impaired social contribution.

Hope they nip it in the bud before the disease spreads to the kids.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Your joking and sarcasm aside, do you find what the teacher did acceptable?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Oh sure, crybaby libs will ignore a teacher with a bible. Lol

When our kids are involved we should get worked up. I have no respect for parents that are not active in their kids education.

But when a conservative teacher says something about Clinton then it's Constitutional free speech. Such hypocrites.

+8 more 
posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I took quite a few American Politics classes in college and I never had a teacher that would point out a particular candidate and speak poorly of them. That would challenge the integrity of the class by potentially influencing a students opinion and focusing on an individual rather than the actual political structure. In my opinion this was completely unprofessional.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

I agree it's unprofessional but when my kids were in school they had several right wing teachers mouthing off about President Clinton.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
And people wonder why our kids grow up to be Scientists who hang out at the gas station...telling everyone Abe Lincoln and JFK were killed for 'going after the banks'.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Classy.

I too enjoy digging into obscurity for a relevant point.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I completely agree unless it's High School where kids should be engaging in political discourse... anyway, surely you see the irony.

I agree that in higher grades political discourse is important with the caveat being the teacher's personal viewpoints are not interjected.

And I do see the irony, their are whiny babies on both sides.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join