It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker ro

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

What you think matters not to me, a lot of people in this forum act like Scum but you don't go around talking about putting bullets in peoples heads do you? No of course not. Anyways a lot of Nerve eh? Who died and made you Nero? God of all that should and should not be said?

I think you're falling off your horse Sir.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
originally posted by: Gryphon66

Errr Griff... attacking me and calling me a Liar is a Lie in itself. It's not a Contest to see who can out do the other, so stop with the drivel and the snide attacks got it? Can you do that?

btw Are you and you and Luthier the same person? You know you're not supposed to have more than One account per person on here right?

Go back, review who accosted who, here or in virtually any other thread, and get back to me.

If you don't want the lies that you're posting brought to light ... don't post them.

If you feel attacked, ALERT my posts.

I suggest you stop the harassment and ignore my posts, stop the off-topic personal attacks in this thread and others, and I won't feel constrained to respond to this kind of silliness. And if you can't, let the Mods sort it out.

Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Apparently, the folks in Charlotte are NOT going to let this issue go quietly into the night ...

Transgender activists call on council to stand firm on anti-discrimination ordinance - Charlotte Observer

About two dozen transgender activists and supporters Monday called on the Charlotte City Council to stand firm on its anti-discrimination ordinance and for state lawmakers to repeal the bill that nullified the ordinance. The morning news conference took place in front of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center, where the council could vote later Monday whether to repeal the ordinance. Under a proposal being considered by some council members, they would essentially repeal the ordinance. In exchange, the legislature would modify some of HB2, the controversial law that, along with other provisions, requires people in government facilities to use bathrooms that match the gender on their birth certificates. Read more here: www.charlotteobserver.com...=cpy

If I were to make this a more political issue, I would wonder why the State of North Carolina and her Republican Governor who are supposedly in great support for local autonomy and freedom from an authoritarian government (i.e. the aforementioned State) are so intent to bring the boot of State oppression down on the necks of the citizens of Charlotte.

I guess it's okay to use the heavy-handed fist of the State when it supports YOUR agenda ...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

They only want the government to stay out of their business when it comes to gun ownership. But when it comes to imposing their "morality" they are more than happy to have the feds step in and impose traditional Christian values.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

They only want the government to stay out of their business when it comes to gun ownership. But when it comes to imposing their "morality" they are more than happy to have the feds step in and impose traditional Christian values.

Christian values is an interesting concept in this context:

Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

Apparently, Christians are to be "non-binary."

Who knew?

(To the cavalcade of scriptural lawyers about to descend, don't bother. I'm not interested in your statements about "context." It is a whimsical observation.)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

What you think matters not to me, a lot of people in this forum act like Scum but you don't go around talking about putting bullets in peoples heads do you? No of course not. Anyways a lot of Nerve eh? Who died and made you Nero? God of all that should and should not be said?

I think you're falling off your horse Sir.

Now now. Lincoln was by definition a traitor. The only reason he didnt get killed before booth was he was a traitor on the winning side who had his traitors on the supreme court allow him to pass the amendments needed to keep the states in the union.

DId i go saying people on ATS needed bullets to their heads? No i did not. Lincoln deserved it got what was coming to him. And yeah a traitor talking down to others about following law has alot of nerve. HE was a hypocrite.
And No one declared me Nero. I was stating a fact and someone provided his punishment for being a traitor.

Why get mad over a historical fact?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Oh stop, deflecting again i see.

Griff... So you attack and if anyone calls you on it, you revert to Narcissistic tendancies by accusing those you've insulted and attacked verbally for disagreeing with you on points.

It is you who have mucked up my thread, i suggest it is you who should stop harrassing the people here and retorting to disgusting behaviorisms and insults.

If you can't get along with others here, you need to simply stop take a deep breath and remember you aren't the only member on this forum with opinions.

THANKS.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Fair enough, lets agree to disagree, no need to be snide because of a Photo you didnt like.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Fair enough, lets agree to disagree, no need to be snide because of a Photo you didnt like.

No problem . i appreciate your belief in your posistion. and it wasnt the phote i disliked per se, just the man saying it on the right beside Obama. I should had used more tact in my original post about it though.

I used to love lincoln,but after finding out what he did...well you know what they say youre always toughest on those who you once cared about.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Oh stop, deflecting again i see.

Griff... So you attack and if anyone calls you on it, you revert to Narcissistic tendancies by accusing those you've insulted and attacked verbally for disagreeing with you on points.

It is you who have mucked up my thread, i suggest it is you who should stop harrassing the people here and retorting to disgusting behaviorisms and insults.

If you can't get along with others here, you need to simply stop take a deep breath and remember you aren't the only member on this forum with opinions.

THANKS.

Your thread is open to all ATS members. Deal.

I've posted more on-topic material in this thread than you have. The issue here is the fraudulent Times article you focused on regarding an editorial in the Charlotte Observer. It was full of lies. You've been shown that repeatedly, and your only responses are silly little graphics. No information.

So, with best regards, I'll continue to post on-topic as I see fit. Again, I'd like to ask you to stop the personal attacks and get on with "your" thread.

Thankfully, the City of Charlotte looks like its going to formally stand up to the fascist Governor and the State House. Along with the Justice Department lawsuits ... I'm sure all this "bathroom pee police" nonsense will soon be behind us.
edit on 24-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Nice scripture mine. Let's not forget that it was also okay to have multiple wives and some slaves as well as long as you could afford it.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Social norms CHANGE.
Quite recently it was a Social Norm to not allow Women to Vote, or to own another Human Being....duh.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Nice scripture mine. Let's not forget that it was also okay to have multiple wives and some slaves as well as long as you could afford it.

I just wish folks believed in the whole Bible these days ... don't you?

If they listened to Jesus they'd be non-binary, polyamorous, peace-lovers ... and what a world that would be, eh?

A world in which the hateful authoritarian nonsense the Washington Times article touted by the OP wouldn't even exist.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
another good reason to homeschool

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trutherfiles

Yep.

Keep children ignorant of the real world.

Home Schooler's Anonymous - - How I survived home school: homeschoolersanonymous.org...

edit on 25-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trutherfiles

What are your kids going to do after homeschool?

Homework? Homecareer?

You do realize that someday they have to deal with the rest of the world ... right?

A world in which people come in all shapes, sizes, colors, sexes, genders, etc. etc. etc.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

“I see it as a political stunt, and a really unfortunate one because it’s at the expense of transgender people, including transgender youth all across the country,” said James D. Esseks, an American Civil Liberties Union lawyer who focuses on gender identity and sexual orientation issues. “They’re acting as though the Obama administration’s guidance that came out a few weeks ago is like the first time that anyone has interpreted federal bans on sex discrimination to cover transgender people.”

Carl Tobias, a law professor at the University of Richmond, said the administration “may be pushing the envelope, but not a whole lot.” Perhaps more crucially, Professor Tobias noted, the litigation in Texas could someday help push the United States Supreme Court to rule on whether existing laws forbid discrimination on the basis of gender identity, especially because cases are now moving through states that fall under different federal appeals courts. (The United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit hears cases that originate in North Carolina, and the Fifth Circuit considers matters from Texas.) “The Fifth Circuit has been pretty amenable to lots of arguments by Texas,” he said. “It could set up that kind of situation where the Supreme Court may want to take it.”

NYT - States Sue over Obama Administration Guidance

The really funny thing is, these States are playing directly into the Administration's hands and creating legal precedent after legal precedent in favor of equal rights.

Go Red States!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

“I see it as a political stunt, and a really unfortunate one because it’s at the expense of transgender people, including transgender youth all across the country,” said James D. Esseks, an American Civil Liberties Union lawyer who focuses on gender identity and sexual orientation issues. “They’re acting as though the Obama administration’s guidance that came out a few weeks ago is like the first time that anyone has interpreted federal bans on sex discrimination to cover transgender people.”

Carl Tobias, a law professor at the University of Richmond, said the administration “may be pushing the envelope, but not a whole lot.” Perhaps more crucially, Professor Tobias noted, the litigation in Texas could someday help push the United States Supreme Court to rule on whether existing laws forbid discrimination on the basis of gender identity, especially because cases are now moving through states that fall under different federal appeals courts. (The United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit hears cases that originate in North Carolina, and the Fifth Circuit considers matters from Texas.) “The Fifth Circuit has been pretty amenable to lots of arguments by Texas,” he said. “It could set up that kind of situation where the Supreme Court may want to take it.”

The really funny thing is, these States are playing directly into the Administration's hands and creating legal precedent after legal precedent in favor of equal rights.

Go Red States!

Right!

Just like marriage equality. They pushed it to the Supreme Court and the SC ruled Constitutionally.

Arizona?? Worst schools in the nation and they think this is important?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Go Red States!

Right!

Just like marriage equality. They pushed it to the Supreme Court and the SC ruled Constitutionally.

Arizona?? Worst schools in the nation and they think this is important?

All that desert heat is getting to them.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

This is what confuses me, over here we get a pretty grim view of how things are going in the US and how hard it is to get actual change through the system yet this manages to get through?
Given all the problems you guys seem to have this is such small time #.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join