It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome ‘discomfort’ of seeing ‘male genitalia’ in locker ro

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You want to put a child through that?

The law wassnt written last week, it is established law.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Our elementary school has a pool. All kids learn to swim in PE.
Your not the only parent/school in the USA.

OK so did the school I went to. So did the school I taught wrestling in Texas. They all have private stalls or kids shower with their suits on.

Your school doesn't have private stalls? Must be pretty old.

Also these trans kids are getting abused by real numbers not hypothetical situations. Thats what this is about.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

By all means do not address the state law

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

No there are circumstances that in any other place would be sex abuse and you want to make it OK because it is in a school.

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Bruce Jenner (aka Caitlyn Jenner) types would be allowed to shower in the girls locker room next to your daughters. He/she still has a penis....and guess why? He/she still desires females. So there will be Bruce types in there with straight girls and they are sexually attracted to those girls. Awkward.

And the Lesbian and bisexual girls in there?

Should they be segregated?

No. Not the same thing. Duh.

So, in your scenario, the girl (who is a biological male) being attracted to the other girls is THE DANGER.

But lesbian and bisexual girls, showering beside the other girls as well, and being attracted to the other girls, is not a danger.

Do I have that right?
edit on 23-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Uh the legal system crawls.

I would rather put the kid through that than have him beat by the bullies. Yeah. Can you find a record of abuse by trans kids in locker rooms?

The state is being sued by the federal government as well as corporations moving out (private sector) and loosing it's funding because of the legislature. There pointless temporary stand is going to set the state back billions. It's OK I live in SC. We will gladly take the business.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

No there are circumstances that in any other place would be sex abuse and you want to make it OK because it is in a school.

Actually no for at least a decade several states have let trans kids use whatever bathroom. Same with corperations. Same with gov workers. In fact all the case precedence regarding title 9 has moved towards access to restrooms for transgender kids. So get used to it.

Don't worry Saudi Arabia still has laws for people concerned with the future.
edit on 23-5-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Bruce Jenner (aka Caitlyn Jenner) types would be allowed to shower in the girls locker room next to your daughters. He/she still has a penis....and guess why? He/she still desires females. So there will be Bruce types in there with straight girls and they are sexually attracted to those girls. Awkward.

So, in your scenario, the girl (who is a biological male) being attracted to the other girls is THE DANGER.

But lesbian and bisexual girls, showering beside the other girls as well, and being attracted to the other girls, is not a danger.

Do I have that right?

Do you just play dumb or are you so one-layered that you don't see the differences?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Do I have that right?

Do you just play dumb or are you so one-layered that you don't see the differences?

Why don't you answer the question?

(I'd love to tell you what I think of your intellectual capacity, but that would be off-topic.)

Is attraction to the girls the threat or is the penis the threat?

Or something else?

Is there a reason you want to talk about me instead of the topic?

Why don't you answer the question?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Do I have that right?

So in your mind this shower scene involves a tranny and a young girl and she gets pregnant in the public shower in gym class?

Just seeing if I got that right. Sounds like a movie.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I would rather put the kid through that than have him beat by the bullies. Yeah. Can you find a record of abuse by trans kids in locker rooms?

The state is being sued by the federal government as well as corporations moving out (private sector) and loosing it's funding because of the legislature. There pointless temporary stand is going to set the state back billions. It's OK I live in SC. We will gladly take the business.

Are you darf? The feds are pissed about a bill passed recently
I quoted the existing law for indecent exposure to a minor

Coaches shouldn't let bully's beat kids in the shower

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I posted the entire NC state indecent exposure to a minor law.
In a school same sex naked I.e. a shower is not a crime, opposite sex exposure is a crime. Anyone who aids or abets this will be charged.

Why was this defined as a crime?
Is the exposure any less damaging if it is unintentional?
Why are you pushing to put MINORS in that situation?

These are things that need to be at least discussed in a public forum........hmmm where would that be maybe a school board meeting?

Pushing "morality" through government never works. For either side.

But let go by an apeals court or pardined by the feds. It's not a real law. It's a state law waiting to be shut down by the federal government. Though it looks as though the old free market private enterprise may do it.

Thanks.

I wouldn't accept anything from NC state right now.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Because you clearly have an agenda

Sorry for MINORS it has to be separate but equal in a locker room.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You do know that it's possible for a woman to rape another woman, don't you? All it takes is some kind of tool/implement - it doesn't have to be part of the body.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

A good question

I just feel that when you're 13 you already feel shy and awkward.
Even in the men's locker room it was the case for me.
There's more issues involved than who might throw a sideways glance.
But even in that case, with a whole team of guys, keep it to yourself, or they will tell you very quickly.
At least how guys are socialized.
It should be a practical space to change and wash after sport.

Maybe there are always some attractions or comparisons, because nudity is a bit intimate in our culture.
We also have the unspoken law of the "sanctity" of the locker room, at least in male culture.

But that's way different from having somebody of the opposite sex with their external genitalia hanging out in that space.

Maybe if they wore a mirkin ...

Look it's a feeling and tradition, and we especially want to protect our girls and women.
You can argue this or that, which actually puts transgender in a bad light for something they never did.
But ultimately you will get pervs when everyone can just go everywhere.
And women are generally more vulnerable and less empowered.
Leave them their space.
edit on 23-5-2016 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

By all means do not address the state law

"Games" again?

Why would I address a state law to this post of yours?

Our elementary school has a pool. All kids learn to swim in PE.

Your not the only parent/school in the USA.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Because you clearly have an agenda

Sorry for MINORS it has to be separate but equal in a locker room.

NC is being sued by the DOJ.

They're not real credible right now.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Are you darf? The feds are pissed about a bill passed recently
I quoted the existing law for indecent exposure to a minor

Coaches shouldn't let bully's beat kids in the shower

Are you darf? Kids don't shower anymore in my experience. So no. I don't let it happen. Quite the opposite. O teach kids how to remain. Aware of their surroundings, hold their posture, use confident language, and use physical self defense.

Indecent exposure is subset by title 9. Do you get how law works? There is a difference from a trans woman and a flasher. The courts have been dealing with this for a long time. This is the whole reason there are trials right? You don't just go to jail when a complaint is made.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm going with neither. There hasn't been one case of a rape in 30 years at the local YMCA in my city. I know there are gays showering with other men and young boys there too. That logic is very flawed.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

You approach this as if I am a visitor from another planet. It's annoying.

I realize the facts of shower/locker rooms, believe it or not.

I could shatter your easy male/female gay/straight illusions of those spaces by telling you how much sex I've had with "straight" guys in high school, college, gyms, etc. etc. in those very spaces.

But I won't, that would be inappropriate.

Why do we "especially want to protect our girls and women"? Do they belong to you?

You make them sound like breeding stock.

It is almost 100% certain that a young trans* girl would not put herself in a situation where anything of hers was "hanging out" ... you can't apparently imagine how HORRIBLE that is for a trans* girl.

Leave them their space? I intend to. I intend to have all those with the gender identity "Female" able to use their facilities in all safety and privacy.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join